Sign in to follow this  
Evan

Halo 5 Announced for 2014

With Bravo there giving his input BEFORE THE GAME IS RELEASED, I can say that I have much more faith in future projects.

Agreed. Bravo is the only voice we have, but I won't be buying Halo(whatever they name it) until I see some streamers play it first. As long as they don't compete with any other FPS; I think they can be successful, but we can only hope..I hoped for Halo 4 so much after playing Reach, and I just feel at this time I'm hoping for an FPS that isn't like CoD/Halo...something new & fresh would be nice.

FPS 60 FPS DEDICATED SERVERS

...We are all Master Chiefs in a Desert, asking ourselves.. WTF why did we buy 'Halo' from 343 Industries again...

This answers the reason for a Dedicated Server and why 60 FPS..

Look at those dust particles..

'Halo' CG Team is beast...Still not hyped for 'Halo'.. Look at Halo 4 and what lead from that...

(Also, Jedi Chief, For the win.. May the Force Be With You.. While I'm enjoying Destiny on Playstation 4)

• Downvote (-1) 2

I think I'll end up giving in and buying in since 60FPS, and Dedicated Servers which basically means in-game ranks, right?!?!?!

With Bravo and Quinn at 343 I have much higher hopes for Halo 5 being good at launch.

I'm in the same boat. They have done quite a bit for the Halo community recently. I am optimistic for H5, but I can't say I have the high expectations or hopes for H5 like I have for last titles.

Why is he wearing a cloak.

Like, what is that accomplishing in a full suit of super advanced armor.

I am confuse.

To disguise himself from fans watching E3.

Agreed. Bravo is the only voice we have, but I won't be buying Halo(whatever they name it) until I see some streamers play it first. As long as they don't compete with any other FPS; I think they can be successful, but we can only hope..I hoped for Halo 4 so much after playing Reach, and I just feel at this time I'm hoping for an FPS that isn't like CoD/Halo...something new & fresh would be nice.

Yeah thats fair. Titanfall looks really freaking awesome check that out

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's confirmed that it's Halo 5 now. Just saw a tweet from official Xbox twitter with the hashtag Halo5

It's confirmed that it's Halo 5 now. Just saw a tweet from official Xbox twitter with the hashtag Halo5

It's pretty official then.

Is it bad that I'm not hyped up the ass for this game? I really don't see Halo having much longevity. It has Halo 5, Halo 6, and whatever 2 other games they're contracted to make. With Destiny coming, I wonder what Halo will bring to compete with other games.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Well, yeah. Obviously. haha

But still, kind of lame just giving him a cloak for the purpose of a trailer. I understand the reasoning why, but it still doesn't make any sense.

Master Chief goes Rogue, that is why he is wearing the cloak.  Part of it is that he has gone rogue from UNSC so he cannot repair his damaged armor and is indeed using it to keep sand out, but it can also be for trying to keep a low profile form the UNSC.

Tbh master chief looks cool as fuck in that cloak, going round thinking he's a badass and all.

Would pay up to 10 pounds to get that cloak for MP.

so it begins

• Upvote (+1) 2

Master Chief goes Rogue, that is why he is wearing the cloak.  Part of it is that he has gone rogue from UNSC so he cannot repair his damaged armor and is indeed using it to keep sand out, but it can also be for trying to keep a low profile form the UNSC.

Saw this on one of the Youtube Video comments

My prediction for the story: Year; 2559

Master Chief has gone rouge, searching for any way to help bring back Cortana he travels to try and find Doctor Halsey. Chief arrives on a planet that the UNSC said did not exist. he encounters the Covenant force that took Halsey and for about 3 missions fights them until he finds Halsey. They embark on a mission to try and find a Forerunner artifact with the guidance of the half of the key they find a forerunner AI that is a bigger threat then the Didact

sounds legit prediction to me lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

Master Chief has gone rouge, searching for any way to help bring back Cortana he travels to try and find Doctor Halsey. Chief arrives on a planet that the UNSC said did not exist. he encounters the Covenant force that took Halsey and for about 3 missions fights them until he finds Halsey. They embark on a mission to try and find a Forerunner artifact with the guidance of the half of the key they find a forerunner AI that is a bigger threat then the Didact

That would be pretty sweet.

._. 

That armor can survive falling from orbit multiple times. A little sand wouldn't do anything.

Well you're prolly right. But, sandstorms can grow in such power that the sand can literally take the flesh off your bones. I know the chief has shields, but it the weather conditions were such as to create a constant sand storm then his shields could be slowly drained, hence the cloak.

Or, if you notice at the end of the video his visor is cracked and damaged, which may suggest that he has no shields. Therefore the cloak would quite literally be to keep the sand out. God knows that shit gets everywhere.

So if Master Chief is rogue and has no help from UNSC does that mean open world scavenge for weapons and ammo? Maybe evening building weapons from scraps?

Seems legit.. and is probably going to be the story line (Kappa)

60FPS and dedicated servers are great.

Still not getting hyped for anything beyond the story until we get some solid information on the multiplayer. If the multiplayer of Halo 5 is anything less than Halo 2 level of amazing, I can't justify buying an Xbox One. 343 literally holds like, $600 of my dollars in their hands for a solid multiplayer experience.

Just saying.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Still not getting hyped for anything beyond the story until we get some solid information on the multiplayer. If the multiplayer of Halo 5 is anything less than Halo 2 level of amazing, I can't justify buying an Xbox One. 343 literally holds like, $600 of my dollars in their hands for a solid multiplayer experience.

Just saying.

This this this this this. 

Just saying.

Couldn't agree more. The only reason I will buy a Xbox1 is for H5. I won't buy H5 or a Xbox1 if it doesn't play like the original trilogy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Only way I'm going to get an Xbox One is if they do this next Halo right.

If this game ships with no 1-50, sprint, flinch, no descoping, and nothing but trash BtB maps like halo 4, I think I'll just give up on halo completely and move on.

Does anyone know how seriously 343 are taking the complaints of the competitive  community? I know that they had Ninja and Ghost out there as well as some others but for all we know that could be people like Bravo and Angel doing that, whilst there are some douchebag higher up executive types who don't understand the game and just want to do everything to emulate call of duty who are going to influence Halo 5 and fuck it up.

• Upvote (+1) 2