Sign in to follow this  
Evan

Halo 5 Announced for 2014

Even if its a spin off and not Halo 5. It's a FPS, 60 fps, dedicated servers. Sold.

What if its called Halo 3 ODST 2? or Halo One.

Haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, yeah. Obviously. haha

But still, kind of lame just giving him a cloak for the purpose of a trailer. I understand the reasoning why, but it still doesn't make any sense.

not really. did you see his cracked helmet? we dont know  if any of his other armor is cracked and damaged. you wouldnt want any sand slipping through 

This is no spinoff, it's the next Halo in the series.  When 343 was handed the rights to make Halo games, they announced a Reclaimer Trilogy.  This is the 2nd game in that trilogy.  Looks to be as if Master Chief is on a mission to bring back Cortana.  That is just a guess based from the brief teaser.  The "robot-esq" being that rose from the dessert could be some form of Promethean?

Thoughts?

forerunner WAR SPHINX or a SEEKER from the books

isnt 2014 to early to be halo 5? based on how ms 343 already said about the time frame for the new halo s?

isnt 2014 to early to be halo 5? based on how ms 343 already said about the time frame for the new halo s?

Obviously we have to wait for confirmation that it IS Halo 5,however I think it is. They realised Halo 4 wasn't great and probably started working on Halo 4 even before Halo 4 came out. As soon as Halo 4 released in November, only a minority of 343i would make up the H4 Sustain Team. The rest have likely been working on this new Halo since Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (seeing as they took an early Christmas break on Nov 2012).

It's not to soon, Xbox One isn't compatible with Halo 4 so that immediately fast tracks Halo 5. The same thing happened with Halo 2 to 3, 2 came out in 2005 and 3 came out in 2007.

Wrong. H4 came out in 2004. 

It's not to soon, Xbox One isn't compatible with Halo 4 so that immediately fast tracks Halo 5. The same thing happened with Halo 2 to 3, 2 came out in 2005 and 3 came out in 2007.

H1-2001

H2-2004

H3-2007

H:R-2010

H4-2012

H?-2014

343 is most likely moving Halo to a 2 year life cycle in order to compete with CoD.

Whether this is part of the Reclaimer Trilogy we'll have to wait and see. I think it's safe to say Chief has gone on a rogue mission to find Cortana. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wrong. H4 came out in 2004. 

I'm guessing you meant Halo 2.

Some of you guys make no sense "Halo 4 is shit, it's broken" to "WTF it's to soon for Halo 5". Make up you mind please!?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even if its a spin off and not Halo 5. It's a FPS, 60 fps, dedicated servers. Sold.

+ flinch

+sprint

+AA

+POD

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let's cut the bullshit and start talking about the important shit. Campaign kids are getting what they want and that is something Halo has NEVER failed on.

Halo 5

Classic Halo feel

Descope

No sprint

AA as option in custom games 

Good map quality for 4v4 competitive play.

Out of the box ready for event quality

Spectator mode ( with the Twitch partnership this makes broadcasting events very very cheap.)

Low aim assist

Aim acceleration option

No strafe acceleration

A good and balanced sandbox complete with a very viable starting weapon

A effecting and accurate ranking system from day 1

and more.

It is important to make sure we get our feedback to Bravo and Quinn as much as possible. I don't give a fuck what it takes or what we need to do to have our voices heard.

We need for AGL to get bigger and to reclaim our home back at MLG. With these two events Halo can reach it's all time high if the quality of the game is above and beyond expectations and if the community gets behind it. We need to link forum post everywhere, Tweet, and we also need to get pro players to actually give a shit.

HALO 5 IS OUR LAST HOPE! MAKE ENOUGH NOISE SO OUR VOICES ARE HEARD!!!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Obviously we have to wait for confirmation that it IS Halo 5,however I think it is. They realised Halo 4 wasn't great and probably started working on Halo 4 even before Halo 4 came out. As soon as Halo 4 released in November, only a minority of 343i would make up the H4 Sustain Team. The rest have likely been working on this new Halo since Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (seeing as they took an early Christmas break on Nov 2012).

well, I hope your right. I may be in the small group that enjoys h4, but I still can't see my self playing it for roughly 2 more years. especially with next gen consoles being released this year which will surely decimate the already dismal population of h4, and end all developer support.

Tbh master chief looks cool as fuck in that cloak, going round thinking he's a badass and all.

Would pay up to 10 pounds to get that cloak for MP.

+ flinch

+sprint

+AA

+POD

I really think they have learned something from Halo 4. I highly doubt a lot of those will still be in the upcoming Halo 5 game. 

"we hired people who hated halo4 "

PLEASE!

hahaha yes! 343i need to listen and get it right this time 

I do not trust 343. Sorry.

With Bravo there giving his input BEFORE THE GAME IS RELEASED, I can say that I have much more faith in future projects.

• Upvote (+1) 1

GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL MECHANICS OF HALO, and that's what i think they are doing look how it says Halo and not Halo 5 because they are redesigning the game and they are calling it Halo and nothing else, and if they do this the game will save the Halo franchise. LETS GOOOOO, but then again i don't trust 343i and it might just be the worse halo yet :(

If Bravo and Quinn and the team put back everything that we have all been complaining about than I just don't know.

Twitch/in device capture card, please give us spectator mode.

Why is he wearing a cloak.

Like, what is that accomplishing in a full suit of super advanced armor.

I am confuse.

The sand is hard to clean out of armour.  Maybe?

I honestly thought that it was a Destiny trailer before I saw the weird Promethean monster thing. 

Me too , I thought it was a bungie game with the music but then saw MC.

I really think they have learned something from Halo 4. I highly doubt a lot of those will still be in the upcoming Halo 5 game.

or atleast this time they will give us custom game on/off toggling options for it all.