Sign in to follow this  
Evan

Halo 5 Announced for 2014

I think Chief could be on the run from the UNSC or something. I mean, covering himself in a cloak wouldn't do much to hide himself from Forerunners, but humans rely on their eyes. 

My bf seems to think he was wearing robes so the sand wouldnt mess up his armor......................

• Upvote (+1) 1

My question is why in the hell is Master Chief just strolling in the desert? :kappa: 

But seriously Halo 5 better be good. 

My bf seems to think he was wearing robes so the sand wouldnt mess up his armor......................

._. 

That armor can survive falling from orbit multiple times. A little sand wouldn't do anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its not too early for Halo 5, call of dutys come out every year and spring 2014 would be a year and a half since halo 4

The difference is that Call of Duty is on a 2 year schedule with 2 different studios working on them .

He was holding the data card for Cortana... like he was looking for something.. IDK speculation hardcore.

._. 

That armor can survive falling from orbit multiple times. A little sand wouldn't do anything.

Haha i know. I thought it was funny :p

I think Chief could be on the run from the UNSC or something. I mean, covering himself in a cloak wouldn't do much to hide himself from Forerunners, but humans rely on their eyes. 

And, they have a 300+ studio. A 3 year dev cycle probably isn't needed nowadays. Just like Destiny is on a two year release cycle, Halo may head that way now.

oh shit yo...Halsey and Chief going on adventures together?! its a good way to keep the Steve Downes/Jen Taylor duo together

This is like the total opposite of last year. Call of Duty is bragging about their cool dog, while Halo is bragging about 60 fps and dedicated servers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

since its just called Halo i dont think its Halo 5. 2014 is too early for Halo 5

I am hoping its something like what ODST was to Halo 3.

Halo 4 won't live any longer than 2 years. I'm 99% sure it's THE next Halo.

The difference is that Call of Duty is on a 2 year schedule with 2 different studios working on them .

touche' good point

Halo 4 won't live any longer than 2 years. I'm 99% sure it's THE next Halo.

I know its the next Halo, but is it Halo 5?

since its just called Halo i dont think its Halo 5. 2014 is too early for Halo 5

I am hoping its something like what ODST was to Halo 3.

It's not to soon, Xbox One isn't compatible with Halo 4 so that immediately fast tracks Halo 5. The same thing happened with Halo 2 to 3, 2 came out in 2005 and 3 came out in 2007.

• Upvote (+1) 1

By the way you guys the mech you saw in the trailer was a forerunner WAR SPHINX

I've been waiting to see one of these in the game since the Halo 4 trailer.

So. Damn. EXCITED.

Why is he wearing a cloak.

Like, what is that accomplishing in a full suit of super advanced armor.

I am confuse.

Probably to reveal Master Chief at the end of the teaser, to keep the suspense. I was watching that teaser on Twitch and when everyone saw him in the cloak walking they were shouting, "Destiny!" and other games. If they had shown the Master Chief from the first second on the teaser we'd all be like "Yeahh.. new Halo  :mellow: "

Their games come out every year though. This is 2 years after Halo 4.

Probably to reveal Master Chief at the end of the teaser, to keep the suspense. I was watching that teaser on Twitch and when everyone saw him in the cloak walking they were shouting, "Destiny!" and other games. If they had shown the Master Chief from the first second on the teaser we'd all be like "Yeahh.. new Halo  :mellow: "

Well, yeah. Obviously. haha

But still, kind of lame just giving him a cloak for the purpose of a trailer. I understand the reasoning why, but it still doesn't make any sense.

This is no spinoff, it's the next Halo in the series.  When 343 was handed the rights to make Halo games, they announced a Reclaimer Trilogy.  This is the 2nd game in that trilogy.  Looks to be as if Master Chief is on a mission to bring back Cortana.  That is just a guess based from the brief teaser.  The "robot-esq" being that rose from the dessert could be some form of Promethean?

Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, yeah. Obviously. haha

But still, kind of lame just giving him a cloak for the purpose of a trailer. I understand the reasoning why, but it still doesn't make any sense.

I see where you're coming from but teaser trailers are usually never related to the actual game and never represent real gameplay footage. This was simply for hype. I personally enjoyed it. I think it will swing a lot of people's opinions on getting the Xbox One over PS4 now that we are getting a new Halo game in 2014.

• Upvote (+1) 3