Sign in to follow this  
Evan

Halo 5 Announced for 2014

So it was just announced that a new halo is to be released in 2014. It was said that the game will be 60fps and will have dedicated servers. They did not say if it was Halo 5 or not they just said "Halo" but surely it is Halo 5 as it is to be released in 2014.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Seems probable as they have already covered so many other bases including a mini tablet game and a TV show

I was hoping the lady from 343i would do a very short verse on how they realized Reach gameplay has failed and the reason they are just calling it "Halo" is because they intend to return the series to true Halo gameplay.

I am so stoked to see or hear from 343i the first gameplay details. I am not making the mistake of just hoping the next Halo is like the first three Halo's. I'm going to make damn sure before I buy this one.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didnt really reveal much from the trailer, really looking forward to seeing some gameplay, especially mulitiplayer. that will be dealbreaker right there that decides wether i get this or not

since its just called Halo i dont think its Halo 5. 2014 is too early for Halo 5

I am hoping its something like what ODST was to Halo 3.

• Downvote (-1) 2

since its just called Halo i dont think its Halo 5. 2014 is too early for Halo 5

Well they showed the chief for a reason. I dont think theyd make a spin off for the main character 

• Upvote (+1) 1

here is the trailer for it incase anyone missed it

Why is he wearing a cloak.

Like, what is that accomplishing in a full suit of super advanced armor.

I am confuse.

Even if its a spin off and not Halo 5. It's a FPS, 60 fps, dedicated servers. Sold.

h4 cg team obviously just whipped this up and has very little relevance to what it will be actually like

Look all i know is if the game doesn't go back to the original Halo mechanics i'm only buying the game for the story then returning it.

Looks like chief goes on a mission by himself to bring cortana back. 

I think something like that too.

it shows chief which suggests its halo5 plus it is not too early as halo 4 was released in 2012... this is enough time to make halo 5 personally 

Damn, I missed it. Just watched the trailer but thats all. Did I miss anything? Does anyone have a recap of the e3 footage?

One of my friends (TheHyperPhoenix) said this on Twitter and i agree 100%

"For the Halo 5 reveal all they had to show was a spartan getting shot and seeing his POV descope. #Halo5 #e3"

• Upvote (+1) 6

if its a spin off question is are we gonna see a new multiplayer?

FPS 60 FPS DEDICATED SERVERS

Read an article where they are finally utilizing a new Halo specific engine.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone needs to edit the initial post to say

- 60 fps

- Dedicated servers-Multiplayer

I think Chief could be on the run from the UNSC or something. I mean, covering himself in a cloak wouldn't do much to hide himself from Forerunners, but humans rely on their eyes. 

And, they have a 300+ studio. A 3 year dev cycle probably isn't needed nowadays. Just like Destiny is on a two year release cycle, Halo may head that way now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Its not too early for Halo 5, call of dutys come out every year and spring 2014 would be a year and a half since halo 4