Joseph

Halo & Scuf Controllers

I still stand by the idea that SCUF controllers are modded controllers. They add extra buttons to perform more actions. SCUF controller vs a regular controller, SCUF wins every time, because it has 2-4 more paddles on the back binded to certain buttons otherwise difficult to reach. I think they're complete BS, and with what we've seen here, they should stay away from Halo forever. It's not how veterans in the scene learned to play, and it's not the way I feel that newer players should learn to play either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I say if everyone has the opportunity to use the same type of controller (Scuff) then its a even playing field....

If you can't afford one get a job.... 

Or play another game maybe.. People put to much into nothing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I say if everyone has the opportunity to use the same type of controller (Scuff) then its a even playing field....

Availability and cost?  There are plenty of things available to me that I can afford that I'm sure you would agree should not be allowed in Halo tournaments.

Availability and cost?  There are plenty of things available to me that I can afford that I'm sure you would agree should not be allowed in Halo tournaments.

All im saying is if everyone is allowed the same tools at their disposal then the playing field is 100% fair. Hard to argue that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about you go play another game? Halo 2 has been played for almost 10 years without modded controllers, people have been dreaming for years for the day that H2 comes back online and returns to tournaments. The last thing we need is rampant modded controller use ruining its return and tarnishing its competitive legacy. If you think people are against it because they cant afford one you are an idiot. I figure only 5 percent of people tops who play XBL use modded controllers like Scuffs, nobody even knows what a Scuff is unless you follow MLG CoD.

And adding another barrier for comp Halo is productive how?

bro quit complaining and get a job

lol someone obviously didnt catch the sarcasm

• Downvote (-1) 1

All im saying is if everyone is allowed the same tools at their disposal then the playing field is 100% fair. Hard to argue that. 

I am giving aimbot and fly mode for everyone to use in the next online tournament. It's at everyone's disposal so no complaining guys.

• Upvote (+1) 3

if you build it they will climb it.

why not profit off of it?

I think the most expensive controller I bought was an arcade stick for like $80. Though those don't give you really any advantage over others

Can't wait till everyone puts various combinations of X/Y/B on their paddles and thinks they were gods at H2 all along.

if you build it they will climb it.

why not profit off of it?

From a business standpoint, yes it's a good idea. I just think it's morally wrong to try and make all these teens and young adults not only pay for the console, the game, any other accessories that may be needed, XBL, expensive plane tickets and accommodation for events, money for food and drink and going out as well but then on top of that, force people to buy these overpriced Scufs simply so they can compete with everyone else. It's just not fair. 

It's just not fair. 

Even if we disregard the "fairness" aspect for a moment, players like Walshy became rockstars due, in part, to their ability to claw proficiently.  Do you think high level Halo is going to have that same draw and mystique when every random jerkoff is dub and quad shotting with scuffs?

This isn't even discussing the ramifications of how the game will play when every player is Walshy.

From a business standpoint, yes it's a good idea. I just think it's morally wrong to try and make all these teens and young adults not only pay for the console, the game, any other accessories that may be needed, XBL, expensive plane tickets and accommodation for events, money for food and drink and going out as well but then on top of that, force people to buy these overpriced Scufs simply so they can compete with everyone else. It's just not fair.

thats sort of the same for most things that involve tournaments though.

I'd like Halo to be relevant enough that a company would sponsor that many teams / players...