Joseph

Halo & Scuf Controllers

Do you think they should allow modded/3rd party controllers for the Master Chief Collection? or should regular controllers only be allowed at live events?

We have seen in the Call of Duty scene companies like "Scuf" seem to be the standard controller to use - but we have never really had a controller like that on the Halo side of things.. unless you count Madcatz.... :salt:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't mind 3rd party decorative controllers but if they have extra buttons or can perform multiple actions at once of any sort then they shouldn't be used

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If you wanna spend like $180 dollars on a controller so that you can jump without moving your thumb, you're lazy, so have at it.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Isn't the MCC going to have custom button mapping? I don't think this matters anymore. lol

Just wait for TMCC to be out and people using those controllers in matchmaking.
People doing tuns of crap without an effort. Imagine in a lan event. 

Definitely not. I think controllers like that only down play on the skill required. Imagine if Scufs were somehow around in Halo 2 on the original Xbox controller - it would have been a jump fest and every gun fight would have been jump fights. Painted controllers like teams used to have back in the day is fine but nothing with paddles, extra buttons, etc. It's just kinda stupid in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't see a problem with something like the Scuf controllers.

Obviously modded controllers that complete multiple actions for you in one button press are a huge no, but a Scuf that remaps something to a more comfortable position for your hand... 

I struggle to find the problem with that. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The only reason I ever bought a scuf was for the no slow turn, the paddles are useless to me as I only play Halo 3, but in Halo 2 I can see how they would be useful, but as the person before me said, as long as you cannot beform an entire combo with one button press, I don't mind that much. If it's just about comfort of where the button is pressed, I don't see a big problem.

Do xbone controllers have slow turn? If they don't then there should be no reason to use a scuf at all?

Modded controllers are like those vibrating cock rings you can buy.

If you can't hang don't bang!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Nope, didn't have them back when it was on MLG, don't see the need for it now with Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Isn't the MCC going to have custom button mapping? I don't think this matters anymore. lol

no such thing has been confirmed, they have shown the controller layouts that span across all titles, but not button mapping

I don't see a problem with something like the Scuf controllers.

Obviously modded controllers that complete multiple actions for you in one button press are a huge no, but a Scuf that remaps something to a more comfortable position for your hand... 

I struggle to find the problem with that. 

Because if u can hit a button faster than me because it conveniently placed closer to ur finger, u have an unfair advantage. Now if MLG provided every player with a scuff, there would be no unfair advantage, but they wont do that. There will always be someone who doesnt have a scuff.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Because if u can hit a button faster than me because it conveniently placed closer to ur finger, u have an unfair advantage. Now if MLG provided every player with a scuff, there would be no unfair advantage, but they wont do that. There will always be someone who doesnt have a scuff.

They don't give every player Astros I call that an unfair advantage...  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Knox beat me to it. I made my own SCUF for COD, in Halo it doesn't feel natural so I don't use it. However, basically the only advantage the person has over you (not you specifically but generally) is simply money. Astro's or full ear headsets with chat to the rest of your team undoubtedly provides an advantage to say a team of kids using Apple earbuds because they can't afford Astro's.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Custom colors and logos are fine but nothing else should ever be allowed into competition especially when you are competing for money. Every player should be forced to play and learn the game as it was intended and not be able to take a shortcut as all that shows is a lack of skill and patience.

Banning controllers other than 1st party is too broad.  I think macro controllers or any controller that allows you to perform multiple actions with just 1 button definitely should be banned.  Other than that I don't think anything else is available that would be considered cheating/abusive, using a scuf would just be like playing bumperjumper right?  No problem with that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

And there will always be someone that doesn't have the proper equipment for a sport or the same level of equipment. The world keeps on spinning and people keep playing.

I'm all for things that are better, more efficient, and in this case, better for your hands.

Seems ass backwards to say NO because we didn't do it back in the day. Things have improved and changed. I'll happily embrace it.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Banning controllers other than 1st party is too broad.  I think macro controllers or any controller that allows you to perform multiple actions with just 1 button definitely should be banned.  Other than that I don't think anything else is available that would be considered cheating/abusive, using a scuf would just be like playing bumperjumper right?  No problem with that.

Everyone has bumper jumper though.

Not in Halo 2 and hasn't been confirmed to be available in H2 for MCC. 

That's why I'm saying it is ok to use scufs or controllers like that.  Could be an issue if bumperjumper isn't introduced for H1 and 2 in the MCC, but we will have to wait and see on that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everyone who owns a Xbox One, Mutiable games, team pass, hotel room, travel, and food money can pay $60 to send in there xbox controller to get it "scufed up."