Irish

I can't use the H3 BR. Help.

My BR is normally fairly decent in H3 but I still have inconsistent performances at times... It's like at certain random times, the aim-acceleration will kick in stronger than usual and my aim will just shoot off randomly, and I normally keep my thumbstick movement super tight, short and controlled.

Today I had some random dude cuss me out because we lost a Doubles game lol, when the other team just ATE shots the whole game... I even emptied a full clip into one guy and even still barely got him! Not to mention a missed melee on a guy with no shields, which has hardly EVER happened to me in H3... it just didn't connect and sent me flying past the other player resulting in me dying instead... Haha. Everything that could've gone wrong in that game, went wrong...

Hopefully in The MCC, this issue isn't as common... at least the dropped shots.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just stop being a betch, literally... your not gonna learn anything from reading peoples comments. You have to physically play the game and learn the feel for it like everyone else.

• Downvote (-1) 1

How will it feel on dedicated servers? Will shots be more consistent and help the aiming or will it be just about the same?

• Downvote (-1) 1

How will it feel on dedicated servers? Will shots be more consistent and help the aiming or will it be just about the same?

Hopefully more shots connect... it's hard to say though since blood-shots still occasionally happen on LAN. I'd still think it would improve somewhat.

Ha yeah, hate it when people like OP just complain about the game, when in reality, they arent good at it, no matter how much "science" they try to use.

I literally never claimed to be good at this game. An exact quote would be "I've been proficient in every Halo but 3". In fact, I made this topic because I'm kinda not. Not sure what kind of science I'm trying to put into it besides "the aiming system feels sticky because of the awful way it was designed, and it's hard to get used to". Read the topic before you pull a shitty attempt at an argument bait like that please. :^)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Flamesword just put out a BR tip video for Halo 3. IMO, the weapon is a joke though and this video further explains why.

As a competitive gamer that competes in tourneys for money how did flame keep a straight face while making that video? Dude had the BR to the left, right and above the spartan and it was still red reticle. He barely had the edge of the retucle touching the player abd the shots were connecting like he had his aim centered on the player.....good lord halo 3's mechanics are ass. He was so ignorant to it too, talking about leading and hitting shots while the spartan stood still and the bullets curved to him because of the shitty spread. Bungie must have really hated competitive gaming to jerk us around like that.

Glad to see flame making so much content though...soon enough dude might be one of the faces of halo while all these other guys are slacking on building their brand. Salute.

Thanks for the responses. I'm not sure I'm clear what "it" is, though, and what you mean by "at some points". Are you saying there's an imaginary grid centered on the player, or that it's fixed to the environment? Are you saying the reticle appears to move slower at certain combinations of azimuth / elevation, and then not at others?

Think of an imaginary grid working in the background. The reticle will "snap" to the lines on that grid, so at certain points aim/reticle acceleration will be quicker, as in some instance the reticle will be close to a line on a grid, and sometimes it wont, affecting the rate of acceleration. Its why precise aimiing/circling a reticle in Halo 3 is very clunky.

I literally never claimed to be good at this game. An exact quote would be "I've been proficient in every Halo but 3". In fact, I made this topic because I'm kinda not. Not sure what kind of science I'm trying to put into it besides "the aiming system feels sticky because of the awful way it was designed, and it's hard to get used to". Read the topic before you pull a shitty attempt at an argument bait like that please. :^)

Silly goose

Flamesword just put out a BR tip video for Halo 3. IMO, the weapon is a joke though and this video further explains why. 

This video is quite disappointing:

That first minute or so has nothing to do with leading shots - it's purely bullet magnetism. The only reason to lead shots is against a moving target to account for travel time.

As for zooming in for the last shot, it's essentially the same reason why zooming for the headshot in pre-patch Reach was a good idea - a larger target area reduces the effect of the bullet spread somewhat as you can centralise the reticle on the head more effectively.

I appreciate the effort made by Flamesword to put out content, but it's incredibly frustrating when even the smarter players can broadcast such errors as fact to their audiences. I wish that people with larger audiences would fact check that much more because their words carry so much more weight.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The aiming system eludes me. I've been proficient in every other Halo game except 3. I simply can't get my gun to go where I want it to. During the time H3 was in its prime, I was off playing CoD4/MW2 because of this, so I lack experience. If it makes any difference, I swap between 2 and 3 sensitivity because I can't get comfortable. I played 6 in H1 and 2, 8 in Reach, and 4 in 4 if that helps for any reason.

I've been going positive and winning by knowing the game better, but there's going to come a point where that no longer cuts it, and that makes me sad. H3 kids, teach me your ways. 

Halo 3's BR is very inconsistent Online. Since day one i was never a fan of it, but still played the game, because i enjoyed it. To make it simple Halo 3's BR Shots don't connect immediate from a Distance. You will need to figure out the spacing/distance of the BR when it comes to gunfights its called leading shots. When close range there is no need to lead shots, but from long range its a must!