Synyster

Players in Oregon

I'm running a tournament at the Gameroom this Saturday. Here are the details:

FFA: 10:45 AM 
2v2: 12:45 PM - 6 PM

$10 entry fee per player, per tournament ($20 per team for the 2v2.)
Cash prizes:
1st -- 60% of the pot
2nd -- 30%
3rd -- 10%

Guaranteed to get your entry fee back or more if you place in top 3.

Max 16 players per tournament -- pre-register here to reserve your spot. 

Bring your own controller.

This is a PHL-sanctioned tournament. Players that compete earn ranking points, which will be used to decided seedings for future tournaments.

The GameRoom
1926 SE Scott Street
Milwaukie, Oregon 97222

http://www.gameroompdx.com/tournaments.html

Respond via email if you have any questions.

Damn, an OG'ish style LAN thread. I used to run a lot of the more competitive MLG tournies in and around portland back in the H3 days and I'll be starting that back up again soon for H2 Classic.

Bookmark this thread and check back frequently for when I post information, or follow my twitter: @@Actxve

I think I remember you from the old MLG thread. Is it DJ?

Hopefully when MCC figures it's shit out some time soon so people can play regularly. 

BTW, Hi -- I just moved here from Colorado. I placed in the top half of the bracket at MLG Columbus 2012 and I was one of the top 3 players in CO for the Reach/H4 era, while there was still a thriving 2v2 tournament scene for Halo. I love to LAN and I'm basically a semi-pro-level player, plus I coach. ;)

I think I remember you from the old MLG thread. Is it DJ?

Hopefully when MCC figures it's shit out some time soon so people can play regularly. 

That would be me.

I will most likely be at this milwaukie tournament saturday

Fun tournament. According to the site calendar, it looks like there is another one December 20th?
If possible, I'd like to advertise and help coordinate setups for this event. Competitive gaming on 42inch plasma tv's isn't ideal

December 20th is correct. The plan is FFA and 2v2. What are your thoughts on setups and advertising?

December 20th is correct. The plan is FFA and 2v2. What are your thoughts on setups and advertising?

Not sure how viable this is, but it would be ideal to have an 8 to 12 monitor setup of 22"-24" monitors with about 2ms response-time for tournament use. (each cost about $120 new, cheap in comparison to the 42" plasmas). I'm very confident that top competitive players wouldn't want to come back to events being run on large Plasma TVs, it only appeals to the casual crowd.

Advertisement-wise, most college campuses have "gaming clubs" or something similar that we could try contacting and notifying them of tournaments, even emailing them a PDF file of a poster they could print out.

Depending on how the turnouts end up, I was thinking bi-monthly 4v4 tournaments could be offset with bi-monthly FFA/2v2 tournaments. For example, 1st weekend of the month could be FFA/2v2, 2nd weekend is 4v4, 3rd weekend back to FFA/2v2, and so on.

Double elimination, and all matches would be played split screen with the exception of Winner Bracket Finals, Loser Bracket Finals, and Grand Finals.

Hey! I'm from Astoria errr well... Warrenton! I had a rough start with FPS games but I consider myself a Slayer nowadays. Unfortunately I am stuck on Xbox 360 as an Xbox One is not affordable with my tight budget (kids, wife, life... ya know) I am always down to play! My gamertag is Auto Gladius and I play FFA mostly. I am an FFA kid. I love it!!! Check out my YouTube channel, I have been doing it for a long time now and don't plan on quitting. I am here to stay :) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcMap3y-H0ePgzafAHsM56A

Update: I recently moved to Eugene. Does anyone else go to U of Oregon and play? (go ducks)

If anyone wants to support a local Portland player, check out the frequent stream or follow on twitter for updates. I just landed 4 sponsors and will be going hard leading up to and into Halo 5!

twitch.tv/Actxve
@Profound_Active

This is Boomer. Im from Portland, Oregon near Gresham. Im a Halo player and play competitively daily. Contact me for more info if looking to join a team or play a few games. Thanks. Looking for players for hcs, iron games and more

Hey, everyone!

After taking a break in July, we're back on August 7th with more Halo 5: Guardians action in Microsoft stores across the country! Peep the locales below:

Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Santa Clara, CA
Los Angeles, CA Century City
Houston, TX
Minneapolis, MN
Austin, TX
Columbus, OH
Charlotte, NC
Atlanta, GA
White Plains, NY

The action will be on all day! If you're interested, grab your friends, let us know, join us for good times at your local Microsoft store, and be sure to follow @PBLHalo on twitter for info on streams, scrims, and more!

Facebook Post

• Downvote (-1) 1

Team!

I have an opportunity for those of you in the Pacific Northwest!

Virtual Sports (laser tag arena/LAN center) is hosting a open Halo 5 Exhibition night on Friday September 16th from 6-9pm. We are looking for the best in the State to compete for sponsorships long term but all friends, family and spectators are welcome!

There is Laser Tag, Nerf Arena, Arcade Games, Woodfired Pizza and Beer!

This is an awesome opportunity if you are looking to emerge in the world of eSports. Halo is our flagship game but we will be looking for competitors in all other major titles. We always welcome conversations about branching into those other titles so please come hang out!

Looking to have teams together to bring to HCS Orange County and HCS Vegas.

DM for questions, comments, concerns, compliments. :)

Cheers,

James Fury

Team!

I have an opportunity for those of you in the Pacific Northwest!

Virtual Sports (laser tag arena/LAN center) is hosting a open Halo 5 Exhibition night on Friday September 16th from 6-9pm. We are looking for the best in the State to compete for sponsorships long term but all friends, family and spectators are welcome!

There is Laser Tag, Nerf Arena, Arcade Games, Woodfired Pizza and Beer!

This is an awesome opportunity if you are looking to emerge in the world of eSports. Halo is our flagship game but we will be looking for competitors in all other major titles. We always welcome conversations about branching into those other titles so please come hang out!

Looking to have teams together to bring to HCS Orange County and HCS Vegas.

DM for questions, comments, concerns, compliments. :)

Cheers,

James Fury

wish I saw this beforehand or was contacted about it... I'm the best oregon has :/

@everyone I am part of an esports organization "BitWar Gaming". We are a Christian esports org focusing primarily on Halo at the moment. We have a few openings on our west coast team; let me know if anyone would be interested in trying out. We are looking to set rosters by this weekend as the HCS is upon us. Lot's of folks will question the "Christian" part of the description... Essentially we welcome others to be involved but we do have a strict CoC governing our communication and language, most notable is the requirement to refrain from vulgar comms. Message me if anyone happens to be interested! Thanks.

Message GT: "LiGHTSEY" for more information.

Hey Guys! New to Team Beyond. Love the game and trying to play competitively with people! 2v2. 4v4. Team Arena. Proving Grounds. Customs. Tourney's, etc... ect. Would love to know if any events are going on in or near Oregon too. I live in Salem. Me and my buddy get together at each others house every Wednesday night and play! Other than that i'm on pretty regularly.

GT: RespecTheShot