Synyster

Players in Oregon

I am not MLG/AGL whatsoever, but Ive been playing Halo for nearly 10 years straight and I live in Northwest Oregon.  :)

Nice, what part? I'm in central Oregon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They had a few Halo 4 tournaments for a while there in the Portland area, but they pretty much all died out. Not sure where the scene is now outside of some local lans on college campuses. I'd have to get ahold of some people. 

St. Helens Oregon. Which means....I am aboouuuttt....say...4 hours away?  haha.  Oh....and GO DUCKS!!  :)

I have ash from when St. Helens blew up in my house somewhere.

They had a few Halo 4 tournaments for a while there in the Portland area, but they pretty much all died out. Not sure where the scene is now outside of some local lans on college campuses. I'd have to get ahold of some people. 

I can't really remember anyone's name from the MLG days except, Blake and something Cad or Ca something. I know we had a few semi pro's though.

A few of us placed top 32 back in the day, but a lot of people stopped playing competitively or playing at all. 

They pop up for a local here or there, but for the most part the group of people that played a lot has gotten older and just don't have as much time as they once did. 

The scene here is dead for competitive shooters outside of some COD Lans from time to time. Fighting scene is still pretty solid though. 

I have tried looking at some websites, but I wanted to know if anyone knows how to find a leaderboard of the best Halo players in the state of Oregon..where I live. Id like to see how I rank against people.

sadly the one that existed on halocharts for halo 3 and reach no longer exists. a damn shame really

sadly the one that existed on halocharts for halo 3 and reach no longer exists. a damn shame really

The one he posted? Well I just tried it and it nearly worked...it shows the city literally 20 minutes from my house (I live on the outskirts of a city..outside county limits. A good place to shoot my 12 gauge and a G30 in the backyard :P ), but not my city. Il keep checking stuff out.

The one he posted? Well I just tried it and it nearly worked...it shows the city literally 20 minutes from my house (I live on the outskirts of a city..outside county limits. A good place to shoot my 12 gauge and a G30 in the backyard :P ), but not my city. Il keep checking stuff out.

thats halotracker. it only has halo4

thats halotracker. it only has halo4

It has more that lol, but it currently runs Halo 4. Ive seen my stats from as far back as 2008 maybe. 

It has more that lol, but it currently runs Halo 4. Ive seen my stats from as far back as 2008 maybe.

ok, link me to the oregon halo 3/reach leaderboards

ok, link me to the oregon halo 3/reach leaderboards

just go to the leaderboards menu and select HAlo 3 at the bottom. If you see the limit of 100 results then you found it...if you see the player 'innocents' in there, then thats Halo 3.  innocents is a great player btw.\

http://www.halotracker.com/Halo3/LeaderBoards.aspx?pool=general&stat=SiteScore

here is Reach for Portland, Oregon:  should be it. 

http://www.halotracker.com/Reach/Leaderboards.aspx

Now right now Halo 3 for Oregon isnt showing up, but it does for Reach and HAlo 4. 

Hey, Im in Roseburg. There haven't been any tournaments lately down here.It kinda sucks.

Hit me up if you guys want to set something up. Id be happy to help and/or participate.

Probably just waiting for MCC to drop before anyone is really doing anything. We're starting to build a decent Smash scene in the Salem/Keizer area right now, but outside of that I don't know much of anything going on.

The Coin Jam in Salem is having tournaments for random games here and there on Thursday nights (no shooters yet), but stuff like Mario Kart, Smash, Street Fighters, and other random fighters and arcade games. Pretty cool little 32 person tournaments with cash or system prizes. 

Hey, Im in Roseburg. There haven't been any tournaments lately down here.It kinda sucks.

Hit me up if you guys want to set something up. Id be happy to help and/or participate.

Shoot me a friend request. hHeadHunterz. I'm only play H3 though.

Probably just waiting for MCC to drop before anyone is really doing anything. We're starting to build a decent Smash scene in the Salem/Keizer area right now, but outside of that I don't know much of anything going on.

The Coin Jam in Salem is having tournaments for random games here and there on Thursday nights (no shooters yet), but stuff like Mario Kart, Smash, Street Fighters, and other random fighters and arcade games. Pretty cool little 32 person tournaments with cash or system prizes. 

I'd only been to one LAN up in Portland a few years back for H3. It was fun, but too far for me to travel - I live in Bend.

Whats good Oregon, just moved to Ashland from Atlanta a few months back, hoping to get aquianted with some fellow Oregonians, met ok Steel, got good feedback about the community from him. I'm pretty sure I'm a distances from where LANs are but I'm down to travel/ also down to host some 8s in my Apartment. Hopefully I get to meet some of you guys in the near future. Take Care - Tha Realist. 

Damn, an OG'ish style LAN thread. I used to run a lot of the more competitive MLG tournies in and around portland back in the H3 days and I'll be starting that back up again soon for H2 Classic.
Bookmark this thread and check back frequently for when I post information, or follow my twitter: @Actxve