RipShaDe 41

H2A: Will it have DLC??

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a competitive map pack with the MLG maps.

If they did that, I'd buy it twice.  :kappa:

I was thinking about this and since you can play all the original halo 2 multiplayer maps, do you think halo 2 anniversary will give this option through DLC?

It just seems odd to me that they would only remaster 6 maps but I would pay $15-$20 for all the maps to be remastered.

Do you guys think they will remaster more maps as DLC since we still have some time before halo 5?

I highly doubt that ALL of the maps will be remastered, however I'd actually be pretty surprised if additional maps aren't already being developed.  DLC is often content that was already completed (or nearly completed) prior to a games release.

Time and money is being invested in developing gameplay from the ground up on an engine that is allegedly different than the Halo 5 engine.  It just doesn't make sense that they would make such an investment and only have 6 playable maps.  But then again...logic and Halo development don't really have a history of going hand in hand.

H2A gameplay would have to be at least as good as the original H2 gameplay for me to spend any money on DLC.  I'm not going to spend money on it if I enjoy playing both CE and H2 more, regardless of which maps become available.

Fantastic post +rep

Terrible post -rep

The button combos are glitches that happened in the layers of coding in Halo 2 early on, they were noticed too late. It's not baffling that they can't recreate accidental coding errors and include the button combos on a newer stable engine.  

It's not as easy as everyone thinks it is.

OT: I think it's very possible and a great idea that DLC will be made for H2A. Who wouldn't buy the maps? It's a shame that all aren't remastered already honestly. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If there is dlc it will already be made, so people saying they will be all on halo 5. Just no.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If there is dlc it will already be made, so people saying they will be all on halo 5. Just no.

Not to mention they have a completely different team working on Halo 5 lol.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Terrible post -rep

The button combos are glitches that happened in the layers of coding in Halo 2 early on, they were noticed too late. It's not baffling that they can't recreate accidental coding errors and include the button combos on a newer stable engine.  

It's not as easy as everyone thinks it is.

If that is truly the case then I understand, but I feel like they took it out to further decrease the skill gaps in the game. Every new game in the series has been dumbed down from the previous game. I am just hoping that the guys who want h2a to be great get what they want. And from the look of the replies on here and Waypoint, most of you should be happy with your gungoose and btb maps.

I am completely content that we are getting h1 and 2 online. I would love to see the community band together and put huge tournaments together for superior games like ce and 2 rather than splintering up and playing what will likely be a mediocre game in comparison. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 5

If that is truly the case then I understand, but I feel like they took it out to further decrease the skill gaps in the game. Every new game in the series has been dumbed down from the previous game. I am just hoping that the guys who want h2a to be great get what they want. And from the look of the replies on here and Waypoint, most of you should be happy with your gungoose and btb maps.

I am completely content that we are getting h1 and 2 online. I would love to see the community band together and put huge tournaments together for superior games like ce and 2 rather than splintering up and playing what will likely be a mediocre game in comparison. 

Why is H2A going to be mediocre? Just because the game is being built the way the game was intended to be made instead of leaving glitches, that werent meant to be in there. The game could be even better than classic halo 2 in general but just because they added something new to the mongoose doesnt make the game mediocre.

Do you ever have anything positive to say or is it always something negative like your rep?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lockout is already confirmed.

Well Im still guessing there will be one major map mission. Midship, Sanct, or Warlock. Something people will want. Or they will make new maps entirely. Which also would be pretty cool.

Why is H2A going to be mediocre? Just because the game is being built the way the game was intended to be made instead of leaving glitches, that werent meant to be in there. The game could be even better than classic halo 2 in general but just because they added something new to the mongoose doesnt make the game mediocre.

Do you ever have anything positive to say or is it always something negative like your rep?

I post one honest opinion and get repped by a bunch of kids who think h3 is the greatest thing since sliced bread. NBD brah.

You are right, it would be great to see them make H2A better than 2. I would honestly LOVE to see that. But forgive me for being a little hesitant when believing that will be a case. You forget that they have an 11 year track record where they consistently went down hill. h1>h2>h3>H4. So why for a second would I believe that they are going to fix the things that need to be fixed when they have taken out a part of the game that adds skill, added a Mongoose with guns, and shown concept art of Coagulation?! 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I post one honest opinion and get repped by a bunch of kids who think h3 is the greatest thing since sliced bread. NBD brah.

You are right, it would be great to see them make H2A better than 2. I would honestly LOVE to see that. But forgive me for being a little hesitant when believing that will be a case. You forget that they have an 11 year track record that has consistently went down hill. h1>h2>h3>H4. So why for a second would I believe that they are going to fix the things that need to be fixed when all they have fucking talked about was the GunGoose, and shown concept art of Coagulation?! 

Halo 3 isnt even close to halo 2 or even halo 1 IMO.

They are recreating halo 2 and never said that they are going to make H2A better than halo 2. The point you are bringing up should be going towards halo 5. H2A is going to be a carbon copy of halo 2 with better graphics and slightly different mechanics. They are replication what halo 2 was and creating it to cater both the casuals and tryhards.

If you under the impression that 343i is trying to create a better game then halo 2 then no its not going to happen with H2A but possibly with halo 5. Just because all they have shown is a mongoose doesnt matter because its going to be just like halo 2. What else are they going to show? We already seen a walkthrough of ascension so we know what the game is going look like and the speed of it. Showing new maps isnt going to make you happy when you already have all the maps for classic halo 2.

You make it sound as if 343i is entitled to show godly gameplay and competitive scene stuff that will blow peoples minds when really its just halo 2 without button combos and better graphics.

I have played Halo 2 vista in 1920x1080. Is this what I will see on TMC Halo 2?

I am kind of sad about H2:A because it is competing directly with Halo 2, for online population, and it is not having bxr

H2:A is initially intriguing, but the map limitations is scary. I wonder if there will be a forge for H2:A

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's pretty obvious there's going too be DLC why do you think there not resmastering every Halo 2 map because they're going too remaster more maps and sell them too us as DLC

It's alarming how willing people are to pay for DLC 5 months before the game is even out. 

You act as if we are asking for new maps to be designed for our money. They are old maps that we known are classic maps that could be in H2A. Why wouldnt pay more to play all halo 2 maps instead of just 6?

You act as if we are asking for new maps to be designed for our money. They are old maps that we known are classic maps that could be in H2A. Why wouldnt pay more to play all halo 2 maps instead of just 6?

Because we'll already be able to play all of the Halo 2 maps.

There are only two reasons to buy DLC for H2A.  Either for the pretty graphics, or because the gameplay is great.  I'm personally not a graphics guy, so the only reason I'd buy DLC for H2A is if the gameplay is actually better than Halo 2.  While it's possible that could happen (even without button glitches), I'm skeptical at this point.

I'm honestly not expecting to spend much time on H2A at all, so if it turns out to be great I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

Not even thinking about spending money on DLC for it right now.  Even if everything comes together and H2A has great gameplay, I'll still be hesitant to purchase DLC.  There would need to be both a healthy population playing H2A, and some type of guarantee that the maps will actually be played.  I'd like to see them return to the DLC philosophy of Halo 2...pay to get it within the first few months, then have it be free to download and required for online play somewhere down the line.  I'm done with paying for maps that I never get to play on.

As you can tell, they're fighting an uphill battle in getting me to purchase DLC.

That said, I fully expect there will be DLC for H2A, and I fully expect them to make a lot of money from it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You are right, it would be great to see them make H2A better than 2. I would honestly LOVE to see that. But forgive me for being a little hesitant when believing that will be a case. You forget that they have an 11 year track record where they consistently went down hill. h1>h2>h3>H4. So why for a second would I believe that they are going to fix the things that need to be fixed when they have taken out a part of the game that adds skill, added a Mongoose with guns, and shown concept art of Coagulation?! 

This is an example of why you get neg rep. You are kinda acting like a dick. Your opinion is your opinion yes, but try not to be an arrogant douche about it, not to sound like an asshole, as I do respect your opinion as it IS an opinion.

On the talk about H2A DLC, it is possible, and Certain Affinity will release some even if H2A sucks ass. I want to see more map elements and see how they affect the map before I make a decision if it is going to be shitty or not.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Because H2A is guaranteed to be mediocre. The fact that the developers did not implement the button combos that helped increase the skill gap in H2 baffles me. But at least you guys get a mongoose...with a gun on it.

Even if button combos were in H2A, it wouldn't be Halo 2. It's looking to be what Halo should have been for the last 7 years. Obvious concerns with the new interactive elements aside, H2A seems like a somewhat fresh take on a series in dire need of some fresh air. 

Or it will suck and nobody will play it after a month. That's cool too because the old games are there and there's a beta for the new game after that month. But condemning it to suck because the developers didn't want to recode glitches into a new engine is a pretty narrow-minded viewpoint. It really is its own animal at this point, and really, everybody knows Halo 2 Anniversary is just the 2014 lingo for "Halo 4 version of Halo 2", which is fine. Nobody would have shat on Halo 4 if it was good. It would have been great if Halo 4 and every game after Halo 2 was more like Halo 2, so H2A more than anything is basically a reset button. 

To answer the OP, I'd certainly pay for a few extra maps, especially if we end up getting the same shit that has already been remade three times. 343 said they will be supporting both The Master Chief Collection and Halo 5, so I don't think DLC has been ruled out yet. 

If there's anyone to ask for more, it's Dan Ayoub. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Even if button combos were in H2A, it wouldn't be Halo 2. It's looking to be what Halo should have been for the last 7 years. Obvious concerns with the new interactive elements aside, H2A seems like a somewhat fresh take on a series in dire need of some fresh air. 

Or it will suck and nobody will play it after a month. That's cool too because the old games are there and there's a beta for the new game after that month. But condemning it to suck because the developers didn't want to recode glitches into a new engine is a pretty narrow-minded viewpoint. It really is it's own animal at this point, and really, everybody knows Halo 2 Anniversary is just the 2014 lingo for "Halo 4 version of Halo 2", which is fine. Nobody would have shat on Halo 4 if it was good. It would have been great if Halo 4 and every game after Halo 2 was more like Halo 2, so H2A more than anything is basically a reset button. 

To answer the OP, I'd certainly pay for a few extra maps, especially if we end up getting the same shit that has already been remade three times. 343 said they will be supporting both The Master Chief Collection and Halo 5, so I don't think DLC has been ruled out yet. 

If there's anyone to ask for more, it's Dan Ayoub. 

Couldnt agree more goat. I mean why not pay for DLC when you know all the maps are great and will just be different. I understand some people would be hesitant IF they didnt know what maps they were getting and new maps entirely were being developed. We all know halo 2 had some amazing maps so i dont see the big deal when H2A only has 6 maps. If you dont want the maps and only play classic halo 2 then dont buy the new maps. It doesnt hurt the game at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd be more interested in purchasing DLC if it included new maps.  Surely there were maps that went through some degree of development, but didn't end up getting released.  I'd be intrigued by those, or newly developed maps. 

If they're really intent on incorporating interactive elements into the H2A maps, designing new maps around that concept is probably a better idea than trying to incorporate them into original maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2