Sign in to follow this  
Oh So Laggy

4 Shot BR saved competitive Halo 4?

Too little too late imo. If they had added all these features and improvements they've been doing post launch within a month or 2 post November 2013 launch then yes, it would have been saved. BUT, you can't save something that's practically dead. I don't mean Halo is dead, dead. But 30k population is pretty dead, at least for a Halo game.

And it's ALL because they didn't have a beta...

that was On disc maps I meant. the forge maps are probably the better side of any of the maps on throwdown. Abandon has a lot of problems such as the ease of use of sprint on that map added with spotted / out-of-place cover along with the singular dominate control point of the map (aka ring 3). Dispatch is still "meh" at best while simplex actually does competitive play right. Onyx is the only worthy map I can honestly say truly deserves its spot in throwdown without a shred of doubt. I am happy to have linked that map to Ghostayame, it was well deserved.

I haven't played enough of Onyx to have a decent opinion of it. Dispatch extraction is probably thee most competitive and fun gametype in Throwdown for me...Oh well, each one to his own I suppose ;)

The H4 Update is incredible. It changed the game for sure, and bringing back some of it's competitiveness. We should continue to work hard at making a come back. But we're all waiting on Halo5. I think it's going to be awesome. During our time in H4 our biggest accomplishments have been working with 343 and AGL becoming more successful. We're now ready for H5 to be a big hit

• Upvote (+1) 3

The CSR system is honestly a joke of a ranking system... if it takes too long to find a match, it defaults to fastest game. The fact that people like Ninja hyped this system so much when it launched is insulting to those of us who actually want (and designed (; ) a ranking system that is actually worth mentioning. It did absolutely nothing to save Halo or even give the community a real ranking system - it just tacked on a number to their horrible matchmaking system and said 'Eh, good enough'.

The weapon update did bring me back to Halo 4, but not in the way when I played Halo 3. It went a long way towards balancing the weapons but honestly, that's not what brought me back. The fact that 'Slayer Pro' snuck into every playlist and the maps have been adjusted so that they actually feature respawning power weapons like Doubles did and previous Halos is what brought me back. It's clear that 343 is moving back to the core Halo experience as much as they can given their current title.

I play Halo 4 now just so, provided it's awesome, I'm not rusty in Halo 5 the way I was coming into Halo 4.

Looks like pros are coming back.  Not all due to weapon update.  I'm sure a lot of it is due to AGL stepping up their game and them seeing other pros return.  IMO the 4sk is still pretty random unless you're host but that doesn't matter on LAN I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

all we are getting is stuff we had before and not even all the stuff we had before..by any standard its still the worst game in the series

The CSR system is honestly a joke of a ranking system... if it takes too long to find a match, it defaults to fastest game.

a matchmaking ranking system doesnt work well when theres not enough plays to match. i guess if it launches when the game has 100k players instead of 30k, itll work much better

a matchmaking ranking system doesnt work well when theres not enough plays to match. i guess if it launches when the game has 100k players instead of 30k, itll work much better

I'd rather the search parameters scale indefinitely than just pull people randomly.

Halo 3's search range maxed at +/-10. I'm not saying CSR should do that (CSR should totally do that), but because of the low population, it should then slowly expand to +/- 11, +/- 12... until the game is full. It shouldn't just stop and say "Okay, not full yet...? You you and you, get in here. Doesn't matter if you're 3s, you can hang with some 40s."

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd rather the search parameters scale indefinitely than just pull people randomly.

Halo 3's search range maxed at +/-10. I'm not saying CSR should do that (CSR should totally do that), but because of the low population, it should then slowly expand to +/- 11, +/- 12... until the game is full. It shouldn't just stop and say "Okay, not full yet...? You you and you, get in here. Doesn't matter if you're 3s, you can hang with some 40s."

This is SO true, especially in the more casual playlists. In Throwdown it isn't so evident though.

In game ranks would make it so much more enjoyable. Or at least exp per playlist. That would give players a reason to grind a playlist nonstop/set goals.

And it's ALL because they didn't have a beta...

What's funny is, I know someone who Alpha tested, He sat down with the developers, and they asked him what he wanted added to H4. He told them a 1-50 in game ranking system.. They didn't listen. 

Also amusing, from what I can tell, the level shown at E3 of last year, I don't think they had sprint added at that point, at least it doesn't look like it. They still had AA's though. 

In game ranks would make it so much more enjoyable. Or at least exp per playlist. That would give players a reason to grind a playlist nonstop/set goals.

AMEN BROTHER! Who ever's idea it was to make them not show in-game should be fired!

• Upvote (+1) 1