Moa

Halo 3 Loading Screen Easter Egg Discovered

Thanks to Lord Zedd, Nowise10 and LeGiiTXSLaYeR!

Looks like it was found! Awesome!  :weback:

I knew there had to be more than just simply zooming out. 

Yeah, way to steal Lord Zedd's find, watermark it, and take all the credit and press. Good job.

I assumed the video credited him. If not, get the fuck on it right now.

Yeah, way to steal Lord Zedd's find, watermark it, and take all the credit and press. Good job.

To be fair he only found half of it, Beyond found the full thing and Lord Zedd (as is everyone else who contributed) is credited in the description.

Not sure if that one post was worth making a account for, I mean, who creates a account on Beyond to hate on Beyond?

Then again, if you are here to contribute to the Beyond Community then welcome to the Beyond Community.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

who creates a account on Beyond to hate on Beyond?

Oh, you'd be surprised. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Props to everyone involved for finding it, crazy to see what was found after 7 years.

and yes everyone was credited.

How does this video have so many views?

Todd saw it on IGN and then tweeted it, George re-tweeted it and Shaun saw it, took the link and put it on his Facebook, Todd saw it again and tagged his friend Eric in. Eric got the notification and saw the link, then he shared the status, and Mike saw this, he sent it to his girlfriend, she didn't care. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Here's the story of how it went.

I created this topic on Beyond of Zedd's original find of the loading screen easter egg and started looking into it to see if there was more to it. Turns out there was. A few years ago, a Bungie Employee was dropping hints about it in a Mail Sack. Eventually, LegitSlayer posted that if you looked at it carefully, it says "Happy Birthday, Lauren."

I talked to a friend - Nowise10 and told him about it, and I said I couldn't see it to save my life. He finds it within seconds. 

The Halo Ring on the loading screen is literally the loading percentage. Because I had already been on Halo 3 in a while when I first recorded my footage, I was getting a fast loading Halo ring each time, meaning I missed it, but Nowise10 had a slow loading ring when he captured footage, so he saw it. He's actually the one who took the image I embedded into the article.

Happy-Birthday-Lauren.png

To my knowledge, Nowise10 and Lord Zedd are pretty good friends, so after I told him about it, he told Lord Zedd - which is completely fine by me. Once I told a few people at Beyond about the easter egg, they wanted to upload it to YouTube to get more exposure (I actually uploaded it to mine unlisted for a short while) and just as ours finished uploading, Lord Zedd had already got his up.

It sucks that he didn't get the full credit for finding the original steps, but I can tell you he wasn't the one to find the Happy Birthday, Lauren egg, nor did I - it was a guy who posted on the Beyond forums telling us to look at the ring closely - and both me and Nowise10 did. I gave everyone involved credit in the article (Nowise10, Lord Zedd and LeGiiTXSLaYeR).

So we didn't steal Zedd's find, we simply looked into it further and discovered the reason why his find was actually there.

https://i.imgur.com/xZBNVbU.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

If he had a complaint he could of taken it to the Beyond team directly, he didn't have to put it in a Youtube comments section behind their backs and start a bandwagon of people accusing Beyond of "stealing" the Easter Egg.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you read the video description, you will see this: 

nsmZX2w.png

When I sent the clip to Saucey after actually seeing the "Happy Birthday, Lauren!" message, I started typing an article which included the back story of the easter egg, and credit to all those involved in finding it and obviously making it go viral like it did.

This article went live literally seconds after the video was uploaded onto the Beyond channel and that was always the intention. 

I can understand why he's angry - his video didn't pick up and go as huge as the one we uploaded did (even though some sites are now linking him and giving him credit), but myself? I'd just be happy to have some sort of credit in finding a seven year old easter egg. 

If you're reading this Zedd, feel free to reach out to me if you want to talk on Skype so I can clear up any misconceptions. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

The uploads were so close to each other. They were right next to each other in my sub box. I even saw the BE video from Moa before it was uploaded to its channel.

Zed explains a lot of what happened here: http://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/4301-lord-zedds-video-on-ign/?do=findComment&comment=33730

Beyond didn't know Zed was uploading the video and vice versa.

Although I will be the one to agree with Zed in saying that Beyond did a poor job in the video itself. No explanation to what's going on in the video, no annotations or text of what to look for, no commentary, and no credit until later leaving people sour. So in a way the video is really just clickbait.

Yes Zed didn't find it first and only discovered the method a couple of days before and it was Beyond who got the publicity for the Easter egg itself.

We always credited him (and everyone involved).

The video was always going to be part of the article, it wasn't a video then a article comes later. I wouldn't call that clickbait for the video.

I get why he's upset, but he hasn't personially reached out to any of us besides stuff like this: