Moa

Halo 3 Loading Screen Easter Egg Discovered

The video was always going to be part of the article, it wasn't a video then a article come later. I wouldn't call that clickbait for the video.

I can understand that but I don't think all 600k people who viewed that video went straight to the article to see how it's done. 

I think he's really upset by not having a better explaining video and only one clip with a watermark at different speeds and no explanation behind it.

I can understand that but I don't think all 600k people who viewed that video went straight to the article to see how it's done. 

I think he's really upset by not having a better explaining video and only one clip with a watermark at different speeds and no explanation behind it.

Yea I can understand that for sure.

I don't think any of us honestly expected it to take off like this, just crazy what happened.

The uploads were so close to each other. They were right next to each other in my sub box. I even saw the BE video from Moa before it was uploaded to its channel.

Zed explains a lot of what happened here: http://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/4301-lord-zedds-video-on-ign/?do=findComment&comment=33730

Beyond didn't know Zed was uploading the video and vice versa.

Although I will be the one to agree with Zed in saying that Beyond did a poor job in the video itself. No explanation to what's going on in the video, no annotations or text of what to look for, no commentary, and no credit until later leaving people sour. So in a way the video is really just clickbait.

Yes Zed didn't find it first and only discovered the method a couple of days before and it was Beyond who got the publicity for the Easter egg itself.

The video description includes a link to the article which was always planned to go up with the video. 

"Yesterday, Lord Zedd discovered a small trick in the Halo 3 Loading Screen. On December 25th, if a player holds down both Thumbsticks, the loading screen will zoom out giving you a wider view of the Halo ring. Problem is, no one knew what purpose this actually served, well... until now."

http://teambeyond.net/halo-3-loading-screen-easter-egg-discovered/

The video itself was straight to the point, with an option for people to see how to do it in the video description. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The video description includes a link to the article which was always planned to go up with the video. 

"Yesterday, Lord Zedd discovered a small trick in the Halo 3 Loading Screen. On December 25th, if a player holds down both Thumbsticks, the loading screen will zoom out giving you a wider view of the Halo ring. Problem is, no one knew what purpose this actually served, well... until now."

http://teambeyond.net/halo-3-loading-screen-easter-egg-discovered/

The video itself was straight to the point, with an option for people to see how to do it in the video description. 

All the  :beyond:  drama recently. First it's "Benson" and now people are accusing BE of stealing credit. Sounds like BE is starting to make it to the big leagues. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Although I will be the one to agree with Zed in saying that Beyond did a poor job in the video itself. No explanation to what's going on in the video, no annotations or text of what to look for, no commentary, and no credit until later leaving people sour. So in a way the video is really just clickbait.

I wouldn't really call it click bait. But it was definitely a very poor video. If you are showing an easter egg and there are people in the comments asking what the easter egg is, then there is something wrong. 

Nice find!

What's next? Reach?

I remember hearing a dev say there were EE's in Halo: Reach that would take years to find.

If you read the video description, you will see this: 

Is this directed towards me?

Is this directed towards me?

In a sense, yes. I was replying to Zedd's comment through your post, presuming he'll still reading this topic.

In a sense, yes. I was replying to Zedd's comment through your post, presuming he'll still reading this topic.

I don't mean the entire post, just literally the part I quoted.

Maybe he wouldn't have been "as upset " if he got on video credit at the start of the video?

But who really cares?

Gosh I love people like hardway who are in it for the community rather themselves. Not all is lost here.

I don't mean the entire post, just literally the part I quoted.

You & Zedd, yes.

I used to do this unintentionally. Instead of ogre twitching i click on the sticks a lot. I never knew it was an Easter Egg, i honestly didn't even notice the difference when it happened most of the time. Now i see the writing on the ring though, pretty cool.

• Upvote (+1) 1