Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

OT of Technology

Anyone know how to disable achievements appearing in the feed of the Xbox One? I had a bunch of extraneous stuff appear with Destiny and I feel my friends probably don't want to see all of that. 

EDIT: I figured it out by customizing privacy. Man, this is taking some time to get used to. 

I feel like I'm much better at smart phone stuff then most / but when it comes to computers it's a totally different story I fail on most easy tasks.

It's crazy how when you enjoy something it never feels like learning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait until Modular Smartphones enter the market, if AT&T picks up on the ARA platform next year I'll upgrade from my S3 to something like that. Maybe stick to the mid range configuration or if it's too expensive even by next year have lower end...

Google-Project-Ara-ATAP-640x401.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait until Modular Smartphones enter the market, if AT&T picks up on the ARA platform next year I'll upgrade from my S3 to something like that. Maybe stick to the mid range configuration or if it's too expensive even by next year have lower end...

Google-Project-Ara-ATAP-640x401.jpg

yeah google has been working on that for a while from what i understand they got it working a little over a month ago / just a few working models nothing official and yes this could and would take the smart phone game to the sky

• Upvote (+1) 1

What's a good cooling solution for a laptop? I know there are tons of different pad types, external fan types, etc. but I don't know what's worth trying. Bioshock freezes up when I stand in a certain spot near lots of water effects and I am wondering if it's a heat issue with the GPU since all the drivers are up to date (I can't find any solution on the internet that fixes the issue).  The problem also happens whn I use DX11 mode in DX:HR, so it's not a bug in the game. Laptop specs are in my profile bio, if that helps :)

What's a good cooling solution for a laptop? I know there are tons of different pad types, external fan types, etc. but I don't know what's worth trying. Bioshock freezes up when I stand in a certain spot near lots of water effects and I am wondering if it's a heat issue with the GPU since all the drivers are up to date (I can't find any solution on the internet that fixes the issue).  The problem also happens whn I use DX11 mode in DX:HR, so it's not a bug in the game. Laptop specs are in my profile bio, if that helps :)

If you're game is freezing it's mostly like the code inside the game being broken more so than the heat of your components.

If your CPU or GPU get too hold they will just shut down the entire system and if this has happened, you need a new computer. Heat the a computers worst enemy and if you let your components get hot enough they shut them selves down you've basically ruined your component and it's chances of reaching it's full capability.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you're game is freezing it's mostly like the code inside the game being broken more so than the heat of your components.

If your CPU or GPU get too hold they will just shut down the entire system and if this has happened, you need a new computer. Heat the a computers worst enemy and if you let your components get hot enough they shut them selves down you've basically ruined your component and it's chances of reaching it's full capability.

I've never gotten a sudden shutdown or anything like that, the worst was an unresponsive driver BSOD after a 10 second freeze. If it's not heat, then it might be a Windows 8(.1) thing. Thanks!