Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

OT of Technology

I used to think that expensive headphones were meme tier, but these Sennheisers have pleasantly surprised me.

Sennheiser are some of my favorite headphones.

You're paying more for comfort and clarity than anything else; totally worth it though.

Sennheiser are some of my favorite headphones.

You're paying more for comfort and clarity than anything else; totally worth it though.

I was genuinely shocked at how comfy they are. The 598's I just got have don't have an annoying clamp and give plenty of space for my ears inside, but the headset still stays put on my head just fine. I've never had on ear or over ear headphones before that didn't have both of these issues. I've hardly played any games at all since they arrived the other day, but my sound whoring is already at a whole new level. It's also nice to pick up on some of the little intricacies in music that I've never noticed the existence of before.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was genuinely shocked at how comfy they are. The 598's I just got have don't have an annoying clamp and give plenty of space for my ears inside, but the headset still stays put on my head just fine. I've never had on ear or over ear headphones before that didn't have both of these issues. I've hardly played any games at all since they arrived the other day, but my sound whoring is already at a whole new level. It's also nice to pick up on some of the little intricacies in music that I've never noticed the existence of before.

Welcome to the world of clarity and comfort where the sound is great and your ears don't hurt after several hours.

I just got myself a pair of Hyper X Cloud II's for gaming, absolutley love them.

When I record audio, the program shortens a 20 minute recording session to like 6 seconds.

Interesting.

My guess would be some setting you have or some files type you're not supporting. I'd try and go through Audacity's FAQ or manual on how to save a file, I know, seems silly but sometimes it helps.

I've never had that issue before though.

Anyone think iHeartRadio is going to get scooped up by Pandora soon?

Heavily doubt it. Clear Channel wants something to use to stay relevant as FM radio loses popularity.

Edit: It appears that they are more valuable of a company too.

Heavily doubt it. Clear Channel wants something to use to stay relevant as FM radio loses popularity.

Edit: It appears that they are more valuable of a company too.

With an increasingly annoying advertisement video system that now stacks on two (!) stop-gap ads between regular commercial breaks that may be happening. One of them being placeholder images to hide the fact. Two commercials between two wait times just for shuffling channels, to hear even more.

Yeah yeah yeah, I can donate cash, but if they are annoying about it, what the hell is the point?

gotta love when you work Best Buys open box system.

14" Yoga 700 series for $500

i5, 8GB, 256SSD

13" Dell Inspiron for $300 (this is for the GF for christmas)

i5, 8GB, 128SSD

Probably could have gotten the yoga for cheaper too.

gotta love when you work Best Buys open box system.

14" Yoga 700 series for $500

i5, 8GB, 256SSD

13" Dell Inspiron for $300 (this is for the GF for christmas)

i5, 8GB, 128SS

Probably could have gotten the yoga for cheaper too.

Might want to upgrade the SSD in that Inspiron.

Might want to upgrade the SSD in that Inspiron.

Nah, it's for the GF, she's super basic, internet browsing, shopping, e-mail, ect.

Been having a lot of customers come into to Best Buy complaining about the surface they bought; don't know if it's user error or the machine actually sucks, but I thought I'd relay the message.

Been having a lot of customers come into to Best Buy complaining about the surface they bought; don't know if it's user error or the machine actually sucks, but I thought I'd relay the message.

It's the Surface Book that has the most problems, Surface Pro is getting quicker fixes for its holiday-rush bugs, but the Book is experiencing delays.

There's very little incentive to buying first gen anything in the 2010's, and the Surface Book is not a better investment than the SP4 right now.

Too bad because it has a lot of promise, at least the second gen Book will have a likely better execution.

Are you guys ready for the year of the Linux desktop?

Yeah, and apparently Android is also going to ditch the Java base programming for applications, or at least the core ones. Dunno why I pointed this out.

If anyone wants, I have 175$ in Game Stop gift cards that I do not plan on using

Hit me up if you want to trade cash for them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Gonna be here Friday.

Loading fresh 7 with all the correct drivers then upgrading to 10 and create a fresh 10 install. This is gonna be nice.

I'm still rocking a 120gb SSD boot drive. Gonna upgrade to a 500gb Samsung one soon and clean install Windows 10 to it. WIll probably wait until after the Windows 10 anniversary update comes out.