BerserkerEst14

Thoughts on the "Gungoose"?

At RTX 2014, the Gungoose was revealed. It is essentially a mongoose with weapons attached to it, and it will appear exclusively in Halo 2: Anniversary

The mongoose itself is essentially a transport vehicle. Thoughts on the new variant? I think it looks pretty neat  :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was gonna be in the original release of the game, but Bungie ended up cutting it. Nice to see them bring it back.

As for how it works... we'll see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even if it was something that was in the actual full game it's a cool little thing that's not being forced on us in the base game like things in the past. It's a vehicle that we will see in a couple of maps and it's nice to see things that was cut actually be put into this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

sounds like it will be fun. guess that means the last map is going to be a btb map cuz it doesnt make sense only to have it on 2 maps.

Pretty cool. Needs a new name though. The Badger sounds pretty cool.

• Upvote (+1) 6

my only thought was this: stupid gimmick but why can't they follow the traditional and expected and name the vehicle after some sort of creature and not replace 3 letters for another? gungoose sounds soooo out of place.

my only thought was this: stupid gimmick but why can't they follow the traditional and expected and name the vehicle after some sort of creature and not replace 3 letters for another? gungoose sounds soooo out of place.

I feel like it isn't a final name, just placeholder.

I hope it will finally make me not feel guilty about choosing to take a mongoose rather than a warthog or ghost.  I prefer vehicles I can fully operate on my own + I like the way it handles.

Now I can actually contribute to the fight using it, instead of just outrunning my teammates into an explosion.

I'm all for it. It'll become the UNSC version of the Ghost. Mongoose has always been made of Paper mâché I can never make a flag run in it.

I would prefer it be named like the 'Assault Mongoose' kinda like we have Gauss and Rocket Hogs. Gungoose sounds laughable.

I feel like it isn't a final name, just placeholder.

I really doubt they would change it after showing it off. It's not a bad name it will grow on you eventually.

I really doubt they would change it after showing it off. It's not a bad name it will grow on you eventually.

It's not the name itself, it's that it breaks the tradition of how Halo vehicles are named.

It's not the name itself, it's that it breaks the tradition of how Halo vehicles are named.

How so? Not that I disagree I just want to know why you think it breaks tradition.

I'm all for it. I'm just afraid if they bring this thing into the game.

Juggernaut_fight.png

This looks absolutely terrifying.

oh wow I totally forgot about this. I would actually love if they made it an optional thing lol.

Instead of adding a new vehicle, it would be cool if you could attach turrets to a mongoose...

• Upvote (+1) 3

You mean naming them (UNSC vehicles anyways) after animals? It's more of a modification than a new vehicle, same type of thing as the Rocket Hog compared to the Warthog. They didn't give the Rocket Hog a new name.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It probably won't even have a horn. What's the point?

Depends what side of the road its driving on

• Upvote (+1) 1