Sign in to follow this  
II Havok II

Hey, I`m Havok/Back to our roots!

Just wanted to re-introduce myself to the new community! My gamertag is Il Havok II (iL Havok ii) from Canada, like many of us I saw the news during e3 that the MCC would be including every Halo game in 1080p 60 fps, and like many of you this has drawn me back to Halo after multiple years away. As a young 13-14 year old kid I played countless of hours of Halo CE in a friends basement before saving up and buying an Xbox for myself, where I logged over 10,000 games across multiple gamertags in Halo 2 and in 2006  was when I started to follow MLG and became an addict to competitive Halo (which was probably the Halo I peaked in skill wise). I never had the chance to go to an event because I couldn`t afford it when I was really into it especially having to fly from Canada and I never had a team that I had enough faith in to actually warrant travelling to the US to compete. I saw the series slowly deteriorate after that point with Halo 3 which was a good but not great game and I wasn`t bad at it still reaching a 50 in the MLG playlist among other playlists but it didn`t feel the same as Halo 2 and I never felt that addictive quality/desire to play just one more constantly when I played it, and from that point it only got worse with Reach and inevitably Halo 4, a game for which I did not even log 1,000 games. Some of you I recoginize and you may remember me for the short time I returned to Halo and played Reach with a few of you before quitting such as Droid, Imperium, Yoseph, Philosopher, and Duji who still has me as a friend, but for the past few years I have been playing Call of Duty, and I`m finally glad to be able to play quality skill based games again soon with the the Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 right around the corner. I`ve never been deeply vocal/involved with the community whether it was the MLG forums, H3F or THC, being the ones I was at one point a member of/frequently visited but rarely posted among some older smaller sites that existed in the time when Halo 2 was at its peak but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. One thing I can be absolutely be certain of however is that its an exciting time to be a Halo fan and I can`t wait to be playing Halo 2 again and online Halo CE. As I stated above my GT is Il Havok II (iL Havok ii) if any of you who remember me want to re-add me and I may hop on XBC at one point or another if I ever remember my account and get around to hooking back up either my 360 or my original Xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Just wanted to re-introduce myself to the new community! My gamertag is Il Havok II (iL Havok ii) from Canada, like many of us I saw the news during e3 that the MCC would be including every Halo game in 1080p 60 fps, and like many of you this has drawn me back to Halo after multiple years away. As a young 13-14 year old kid I played countless of hours of Halo CE in a friends basement before saving up and buying an Xbox for myself, where I logged over 10,000 games across multiple gamertags in Halo 2 and in 2006  was when I started to follow MLG and became an addict to competitive Halo (which was probably the Halo I peaked in skill wise). I never had the chance to go to an event because I couldn`t afford it when I was really into it especially having to fly from Canada and I never had a team that I had enough faith in to actually warrant travelling to the US to compete. I saw the series slowly deteriorate after that point with Halo 3 which was a good but not great game and I wasn`t bad at it still reaching a 50 in the MLG playlist among other playlists but it didn`t feel the same as Halo 2 and I never felt that addictive quality/desire to play just one more constantly when I played it, and from that point it only got worse with Reach and inevitably Halo 4, a game for which I did not even log 1,000 games. Some of you I recoginize and you may remember me for the short time I returned to Halo and played Reach with a few of you before quitting such as Droid, Yoseph, Philosopher, and Duji who still has me as a friend, but for the past few years I have been playing Call of Duty, and I`m finally glad to be able to play quality skill based games again soon with the the Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 right around the corner. I`ve never been deeply vocal/involved with the community whether it was the MLG forums, H3F or THC, being the ones I was at one point a member of/frequently visited but rarely posted among some older smaller sites that existed in the time when Halo 2 was at its peak but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. One thing I can be absolutely be certain of however is that its an exciting time to be a Halo fan and I can`t wait to be playing Halo 2 again and online Halo CE. As I stated above my GT is Il Havok II (iL Havok ii) if any of you who remember me want to re-add me and I may hop on XBC at one point or another if I ever remember my account and get around to hooking back up either my 360 or my original Xbox.

Hey and welcome. Man it's been years since we've played together. I can't even remember how we met (H3 I think?).

Anyway, November is going to sick. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hey and welcome. Man it's been years since we've played together. I can't even remember how we met (H3 I think?).

Anyway, November is going to sick. 

Halo 3 is probably a safe bet, I was looking through my list and almost ALL of my Halo friends have either been offline for years or they removed me, oh well, back to the beginning I guess. It`s a good thing the Xbox One allows for unlimited friends lol. But yeah I can`t wait for Novemeber it`s going to be so much fun.

nice too meet you :)  on the other hand, I absolutely love Halo 3...and CE on the computer was the first Halo I ever played. lol all them ten years ago

• Upvote (+1) 1

nice too meet you :)  on the other hand, I absolutely love Halo 3...and CE on the computer was the first Halo I ever played. lol all them ten years ago

Nice to meet you too man, I didn`t dislike Halo 3 I just felt that`s where Halo started to decline in terms of map design among other factors not that it was a bad game. I still enjoyed it to an extent. It just wasn`t on par with Halo 2 to me, which was a game that has never been matched for me in terms of its fun factor. All nighter FFAs on midship and Lockout, to sleep for 2-3 hours and start all over again, meeting people who I still play video games with to this very day. Those were some of my fondest video game memories.

Nice to meet you too man, I didn`t dislike Halo 3 I just felt that`s where Halo started to decline in terms of map design among other factors not that it was a bad game. I still enjoyed it to an extent. It just wasn`t on par with Halo 2 to me, which was a game that has never been matched for me in terms of its fun factor. All nighter FFAs on midship and Lockout, to sleep for 2-3 hours and start all over again, meeting people who I still play video games with to this very day. Those were some of my fondest video game memories.

hey thats cool! :D  

Ive played a certain amount of Halo 2 ,not online till November though, and I can see where the FFA addictions came from, the pure fun of that game as well, but Halo 2 was a pretty broken game that was never finished. Halo 3 was a far more polished game, save for the quirky hit detection, BR spread, and internet lag...and I love most of Halo 3s maps as much as Halo 2s. Both games, for me have fabulous and addicting maps that a LOT of things could be done to customize them for cool battles. I could do FFAs for only a certain amount of time though...until I got lonely and wanted to play something else. 

For some people its Halo 2, for others its Halo 3, and for some its both. :)

I think we used to play quite a bit together. It was some time ago so I don't remember it too well.

Ah, the memories. For those of you who may not know Havok... this guy is known to be a beast. Welcome to the site, and please keep in touch!