Sign in to follow this  
Motiif

As someone who didn't play H1 + 2, I Cannot wait!

Just be aware, H1 and H2 aren't going to be this "magical fun-land of infinite possibilities and enchantment," it's just going to be the thing we remember and love coming back to us. 

There's lots to do but unless you get your enjoyment from the actual core gameplay, it's not going to suddenly explode your entire Halo experience. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just be aware, H1 and H2 aren't going to be this "magical fun-land of infinite possibilities and enchantment," it's just going to be the thing we remember and love coming back to us. 

There's lots to do but unless you get your enjoyment from the actual core gameplay, it's not going to suddenly explode your entire Halo experience. 

Yea that makes sense!  I am super excited however to see and play more of the "classic" style of halo since like I said most of my large experience was during Reach, and some during the end of 3.  Reach and 4 seemed to stray pretty far away from the original style so it should be exciting to play the older titles in a new way.

Yea that makes sense!  I am super excited however to see and play more of the "classic" style of halo since like I said most of my large experience was during Reach, and some during the end of 3.  Reach and 4 seemed to stray pretty far away from the original style so it should be exciting to play the older titles in a new way.

Yup! Just try to maintain that level of excitement to play the game. I'm not going to lie, it's a steep learning curve and a lot of people are out ahead already cause they've played it a lot in the past, so it's going to be an uphill battle.

Its gonna be awesome lol just remember though there will always be bullshit and things out of your control so don't take it too hard on yourself if your melee doesnt register or you get a bad spawn etc.. also when your not going super hardcore mode play some cops and robbers on lockout =P

What part of NC are you from? I'm in Charlotte and I have a bunch of people car pooling for the UGC event. If you're interested in LANS and repping NC at the event hmu. 

What part of NC are you from? I'm in Charlotte and I have a bunch of people car pooling for the UGC event. If you're interested in LANS and repping NC at the event hmu. 

too many ppl in nc not to lan at this point

Im right with you there bro...I have never played Halo 2 online, just split screen, and never have experienced Halo CEs multiplayer on xbox. Just on PC. It will be a new learning experience. What I do have is some Halo 2 play time, but nearly 7 years of Halo 3, 3.5 years of Reach and lots of Halo 4 since it came out. :)

You're in for a treat!  The Halo series is just plain Dirty as well as the communities like Team Beyond, HBO, and the former Halo Council that provide support, feedback and place to just generally come love Halo!  Hat's off to y'all!  Now grab a Sol or Corona and back in the pool!  It's a Holiday weekend... enjoy!

Be ready for the skill gap to be so ridiculously diverse it'll make your head spin. When you play idiots, they really do look like idiots.

When you play the best, well....

you won't have a chance to fire your gun.

Exhibit A:

too many ppl in nc not to lan at this point

Ill get a hotel if people actually show up. 

Welcome.

Mostly all I have to say is " Prepare yourself for some fast Halo".

As with most of us, at first we get ( i still get whooped in CE) whooped hard, but after some legit  grinding and whatnot, one gets better and better. Brace yourself for November.

Welcome.

Mostly all I have to say is " Prepare yourself for some fast Halo".

As with most of us, at first we get ( i still get whooped in CE) whooped hard, but after some legit  grinding and whatnot, one gets better and better. Brace yourself for November.

"Fast halo" is right. It's fast AND it has a deep meta. Not only do you have to worry about timing power ups, weapons and the teamwork aspect but you have to worry about where your spawning your teammates. You can't just blindly rush because you're teammates will get the fixed spawn every single time. On top of that there is many more little tricks you can do like nading items to yourself or grabbing them through the floor, there is just a lot more to the game than meets the eye.

I really do think Halo CE has a fighting chance against H2A when it comes to which game gets picked up by competitive leagues. Think about it. H1 never had a legit online experience. It was just the laggy XBC bullshit. Halo 2 and Halo 3 were HUGE and they were considered subpar games in comparison to the first. Look at the double shot online.....every single person with a modded controller can press one button and have it happen. Not the case in H1. The only drawback H1 has is the graphics. I wish it was HCEA multiplayer along with the OG gfx. 

Regardless of aesthetics, we could very well have a huge twist on our hands come November!

"Fast halo" is right. It's fast AND it has a deep meta. Not only do you have to worry about timing power ups, weapons and the teamwork aspect but you have to worry about where your spawning your teammates. You can't just blindly rush because you're teammates will get the fixed spawn every single time. On top of that there is many more little tricks you can do like nading items to yourself or grabbing them through the floor, there is just a lot more to the game than meets the eye.

I really do think Halo CE has a fighting chance against H2A when it comes to which game gets picked up by competitive leagues. Think about it. H1 never had a legit online experience. It was just the laggy XBC bullshit. Halo 2 and Halo 3 were HUGE and they were considered subpar games in comparison to the first. Look at the double shot online.....every single person with a modded controller can press one button and have it happen. Not the case in H1. The only drawback H1 has is the graphics. I wish it was HCEA multiplayer along with the OG gfx. 

Regardless of aesthetics, we could very well have a huge twist on our hands come November!

tbh there needs to be a tutorial, or something likes tips while searching in matchmaking like in h2/h3.

"did you know your teammate will always spawn near you unless there is no spawn point close to you?"

"did you know that you can reload guns without having them out, just press xxy!"

"did you know that all weapons on the ground can be moved by explosions? Try it out and come up with fancy grenade tricks!"

"did you know that camo activates faster after firing with weapons that have no zoom?"

etc

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ill get a hotel if people actually show up. 

Just joined this forum but I live in Gastonia, NC and have a few friends that still play MLG on H3. We've tried some LANs in my basement but only 3 or 4 people showed up. How far are you from Gastonia/Belmont?

Definalty more excited for Halo1 over Halo2.  I might be the only.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Definalty more excited for Halo1 over Halo2.  I might be the only.

oh don't u worry...you're not

^_^

oh don't u worry...you're not

^_^

After playing Halo2 again for the past couple days I'm really looking forward for not having a whole lot of aim assist.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just joined this forum but I live in Gastonia, NC and have a few friends that still play MLG on H3. We've tried some LANs in my basement but only 3 or 4 people showed up. How far are you from Gastonia/Belmont?

Charlotte