Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

Communication Idea/Issue for Halo MCC

People don't communicate in Halo because they don't care because there's no reason to care.

Play Counter Strike Global Offensive ranked and even the crappiest players are communicating.

If Halo had a proper ranked system people wouldn't shut the hell up since they're playing to win and communicating helps them achieve that. Most people playing Halo these days only care about their KDA since there is no consequence for losing anyway.

are you playing CS GO on computer, or Xbox/PS3? Just curious, is there much of a population on the console versions?

Who are you? Why would anyone do that?

I'd take a gander that he streams H3 with some regularity, since he has a twitch channel linked below his avatar. 

I feel like it's more about the communities behavior more than a technical problem.

For me personally it's always either

1)no mics

2)have mics, but just trolls.

3)have mics, and starts bitching about how shitty the team is.

Seriously just go in a game with friends, it makes gaming 10x more enjoyable.

are you playing CS GO on computer, or Xbox/PS3? Just curious, is there much of a population on the console versions?

Oh, I wouldn't dare touch CS on a console. Ewww. Is it even on consoles? lol

The game is awesome and it doesn't require a very powerful computer to run.

Oh, I wouldn't dare touch CS on a console. Ewww. Is it even on consoles? lol

The game is awesome and it doesn't require a very powerful computer to run.

Indeed, it has come to consoles. I realized the core community is on PC though, but I myself have an old laptop that I use for browing the internet and whatnot. Not really looking to buy a new computer to play CS though, haha. 

What killed communication, in my opinion, was party chat. Back in the day, we didn't have those luxuries. I don't think it's anyone's fault other than Microsoft's. Also, with that said, there are a lot more elitist's now a days opposed to the Halo 2, beginning of Halo 3 days. I remember when I was younger, I was playing Halo 2 and had an enjoyable time. Why? Because everyone was willing to help anyone. I think the community is also partly at fault. No one takes the time to teach someone new and quickly dismisses a new player by calling them out. Scaring them off by saying "Just quit." or "Go break your disc." will not help out community.

That isn't exclusive to Halo.  Quake is a lot worse, especially on the forums.  A lot of times they will just tell you to quit and stop wasting their and your time.  If your new, expect to lose for years until you somehow manage to catch up to the veterans.  Honestly after quitting Quake for years and coming back later after the abomination of H4, I never encountered a community so more rude than Quakes.  I don't think even LoL's is near as bad when it comes to elitism.

It's like they honestly expect you to dedicate your life playing the game or quit.  If you tell them you play other games, you might as well as make another account.

Eliteism hasn't gotten worse, it was bad back in the day and it still is. That won't change. I play with people I know or I don't wear a mic unless my random teammate gives me a reason/is polite.

• Upvote (+1) 1

forcing people to stop doing something they've gotten used to doing is not a good idea.  If working as a team in the game is fun, hopefully some people will care enough to talk to their team during the game.

I'd take a gander that he streams H3 with some regularity, since he has a twitch channel linked below his avatar.

There's nothing under his avatar because I'm on phone.

Who are you? Why would anyone do that?

I think by recognize he meant like they saw his GT and tried to get him to talk. Or maybe he has a YT channel or something. On Halo 3 it always shows my mic is plugged in so people always talk s--- on me or ask me to talk and call out. I personally won't waste my time until they put ranks into the game that matter, which it seems they aren't doing in MCC.

I personally won't waste my time until they put ranks into the game that matter, which it seems they aren't doing in MCC.

They've said we're going to be getting a universal ranking system ("something H2 fans will like" - Dan Ayoub) which will most likely be developed by Menke who knows what he's doing. 

I repped a bunch of people in this thread because I agree with their sentiments.

For every single person in this thread lamenting the fact that no one uses mics anymore, how many of you have talked trash, screamed raaaape, played music into the mic, called everyone 'kid,' openly complained about teammates, blamed every death on lag or yelled BS incessantly?

If our community wasn't full of immature assholes maybe more people would try. I haven't used a mic in online halo for anything other than party chat since 2005 (I let xbl expire for 06/07 h2). So I'm exactly the player that you guys are complaining about, but I'm also the player that you created. I just got tired of it. I'm too damn old to have teenagers who live with mom screaming at the game or me or whatever for any reason. I have so little tolerance for people who think they're halo gods complaining and blaming their teammates or lag for any and every negative thing that happens throughout the entire match. It's exhausting to try to keep up with some child's incessant need for validation. I'd rather lose than listen to those people all game - and that says a lot cause I hate to lose.

So if you create a system where I can't use party chat, I just won't play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think console csgo has been updated ever, and yet nobody cares.

I'm not a fan of the whole restricting party chat thing. Frankly a lot of the time I don't really want to talk to complete strangers on XBL - until games become fun enough again to completely engage me I've devolved to the point where I'd rather talk to friends about something else or listen to music while I play and just focus on my own gameplay rather than worry too much about winning.

Don't get me wrong, I like winning. I just don't think that the results on MM settings and a bunch of random players thrown together mean anything at all. If it's not party vs party on a respectable gametype or in customs (which can be fun and laid back too on the virtue that everyone knows each other a little) then it's pretty much meaningless as a team exercise.

EDIT: When I am faced with being unable to use party chat I just mute all anyway unless I'm in the kind of mood where I want to try really hard.

I don't think console csgo has been updated ever, and yet nobody cares.

Yeah sadly their console versions get 0 developer support.