Sign in to follow this  
znot

Opinions on Flag/Ball Glitching on H5?

Just thinking a bit ago. H3 had the ball glitch and the flag glitch, where you pressed melee while aiming at the enemies head and immediately followed by the trigger to fire, and you would get a one shot beatdown as opposed to the two shot beatdown with objective. Now Reach ALSO had flag and ball glitch, maybe you could do it with bomb, but I dont think so. In both Halo 3 and Reach flag glitching was only possible off host.

Now thinking ahead to H5, I assume we are going to see flag juggling return. With that said, the flag glitch may return, so what is your stance on it? Do you like it? Do you want it to return?

Pretty neutral. I suppose there is a reason for the object not being a 1 hit kill like in default settings, and this negates that, but I can also see the argument of it adding meta, even though it isn't too hard as you simply press 2 buttons at once only.

Obviously I wouldn't want it to be dependent on host/off-host, but other than that I don't see any issues with it. It'd be cool if it was a little more difficult than the past, maybe more reliant on proper timing or something.

I don't see why we need juggling/beatdown rules as long as the obj holder moves at the same speed as the player. You're inhibited enough not being able to shoot

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't think I fully understand the flag/ball glitch you're referring to, but as far as beatdowns and juggling goes my ideal case would be:

H3's juggling system (seemed like the flag weighed a ton compared to H2 so it took a little more skill to run it effectively).

H2's flag/ball beatdown system, where if you jumped in the air and beat the person down it was one hit kill, otherwise it took the persons shields out. That adds an additional layer of skill and risk for the player to assess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It wasn't a one hit beat down in MLG settings? 

#casualquestions

H3 wasn't one hit beatdown unless you used a glitch (I didn't really remember it until youtube-ing it lol). I don't think the glitch was too helpful anyways cause beatdown lunges were so short and you're already moving a lot slower with ball/flag.

H2 wasn't one hit beatdown unless you jumped in the air first and then beat the person down. I think this made for a lot of exciting plays cause you could really embarrass someone by executing it.

I'd support it.

wasn't that useful in h3 like sum1 said because you were moving significantly slower than everyone else and every1 else had a 2 shot beatdown. in h3 dubs it was pretty useful. That aside I'd think it should reappear as an actual mechanic in halo5 but if you mess up the timing there shouldn't be any damage done for a sort of risk/drawkback.

and in case you're new/forgetful, if you beatdown someone then drop the ball immediately afterwards, you'll 1shot beatdown your opponent. (I'm guessing it gave you 2 registered beatdowns but i dont know).

I'd support it.

wasn't that useful in h3 like sum1 said because you were moving significantly slower than everyone else and every1 else had a 2 shot beatdown. in h3 dubs it was pretty useful. That aside I'd think it should reappear as an actual mechanic in halo5 but if you mess up the timing there shouldn't be any damage done for a sort of risk/drawkback.

and in case you're new/forgetful, if you beatdown someone then drop the ball immediately afterwards, you'll 1shot beatdown your opponent. (I'm guessing it gave you 2 registered beatdowns but i dont know).

I think it registers the beatdown but registers a headshot as well, cause it usually only works when youre aiming around their head. Cause its beatdown, shoot, dead. #Skillgap  :maven:

H3 wasn't one hit beatdown unless you used a glitch (I didn't really remember it until youtube-ing it lol). I don't think the glitch was too helpful anyways cause beatdown lunges were so short and you're already moving a lot slower with ball/flag.

H2 wasn't one hit beatdown unless you jumped in the air first and then beat the person down. I think this made for a lot of exciting plays cause you could really embarrass someone by executing it.

The Ball/Flag glitches where so useful especially in Team Doubles.

And that was good because if you were not host you had a disadvantage it made it a little bit balanced. 

The only times I use it or have seen it used it rushing into the enemy base on Onslaught or Heretic and stopping them from capping your flag by pulling their flag out and trying to get the 1 hit flag melee with it to at least trade with their flag carrier and buy your team more time to get in their and stop it.

Just make the objective a one-hit-kill if you melee your opponent in the head. 

Hmmmmm :quinn:

#KeepHaloHalo

Not this new breed of COD infused crap on a stick dipped in Battlefield maps. 

The fuck are you even talking about?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why should you need to exploit an annoying glitch in order to get a one hit kill while holding the objective?

It's stupid enough that your movement is crippled by it, that you show up on everyone's screen, and that you're essentially a sitting duck awaiting its death unless you know exactly where someone is rushing you from. Assuming you're not getting naded out of your mind and that someone actually has to close in on you to get the kill, I feel like objective melees should be instant kill, full overshield or not. If you're stupid enough to get within melee range of the objective dude, that's your problem. You're supposed to have a movement advantage.

I also don't wanna have to abuse a mechanic that works with a consistency comparable to the H3 BR. Ball glitch was so inconsistent, and the whole objective dropping made it so hard to assess what was going on over there. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fuck are you even talking about?

Original Halo ------> Crap H4 and everything that was included in it similar to COD. (weapon skins, load outs, ordinance drops/care packages, XP unlocks based on time played, etc etc...)

Also, majority of BTB maps = the reference to Battlefield. 

Easy enough?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Original Halo ------> Crap H4 and everything that was included in it similar to COD. (weapon skins, load outs, ordinance drops/care packages, XP unlocks based on time played, etc etc...)

Also, majority of BTB maps = the reference to Battlefield. 

Easy enough?

you do realize what the thread is about....right?

:blink:

• Upvote (+1) 2

you do realize what the thread is about....right?

:blink:

he's long gone.

• Upvote (+1) 1