Cold As Life

Possible BIG issue with H2A.

Not really the place, but is there a quick reload glitch? Trying to get up to date on all of these old tricks, haha.

Yes, its XYY(default controller configuration) during the weapon reload animation or XBX if you have no secondary weapon(doesn't work with plasma weapons however). Its funny because during the E3 H2A gameplay on Ascension Ghost performed a quick reload with the sniper on big tower, most n00bs didn't notice that however  :ghost:

There is also the grenade reload which is simply LX but it only works off-host(with dedicated servers I am guessing everyone can do it). Its all about getting the feel for the timing of course so you dont have to think about it and you can do it more consistently, I am pretty rusty on some of the combos as well so I am having to re-learn the timing on some of them.This little guide here covers them all pretty well. http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Halo_2/Glitches#Quick_reload

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yes, its XYY(default controller configuration) during the weapon reload animation or XBX if you have no secondary weapon(doesn't work with plasma weapons however). Its funny because during the E3 H2A gameplay on Ascension Ghost performed a quick reload with the sniper on big tower, most n00bs didn't notice that however  :ghost:

There is also the grenade reload which is simply LX but it only works off-host(with dedicated servers I am guessing everyone can do it). Its all about getting the feel for the timing of course so you dont have to think about it and you can do it more consistently, I am pretty rusty on some of the combos as well so I am having to re-learn the timing on some of them.This little guide here covers them all pretty well. http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Halo_2/Glitches#Quick_reload

Appreciate it, amigo. Saving that link, very helpful!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aw shucks, guess HCE it is.

At least until H5 comes out with spectator and theatre.

or you know, maybe forever...

• Upvote (+1) 1

XSV shotting is easy, why pay so much money for a controller?  :maven:

I got a scuf with 2 back buttons if you are used to CLAW for more than 9 years you can better CLAW for sure.

I simply never use these back buttons only bought it for look and grib

You sure you're ready?

:kappa:

Guess we'll find out.  :Halo:

or you know, maybe forever...

That goes without saying. I will eventually stop lanning H2 and H3 but HCE will be passed down to my grand childrens grand childern.

They have been mapping macros to keyboards for ages.

You could def do this with a controller

What, by huge companies like Logitech? Using both software AND hardware to do so.

How many dodgy people do you think could modify an Xbox controllers hardware on a mass scale and distribution which would only benefit a single game and it's not even a game breaker anyway?

Anyone going out of there way to cheat is going to do something that guarantees them results.

If someone ever designed such a thing it would be very uncommon and the players crappy enough to use it would be too bad at the game to put it to good use anyway. If anyone used one at a tournament it would be obvious very quickly.

Honestly, it's not even worth worrying about.

At the end of the day a dub shot controller doesn't make up for a shit shot. The kids that suck will still suck regardless of what they do. It's like in COD a SCUF didn't turn a kid that couldn't differentiate between his two thumbs into a god.

• Upvote (+1) 2

At the end of the day a dub shot controller doesn't make up for a shit shot.

Word, plus they'll get out positioned by better players

We're not talking about h1 level here, but there is noticeable skill gap

At the end of the day a dub shot controller doesn't make up for a shit shot. The kids that suck will still suck regardless of what they do. It's like in COD a SCUF didn't turn a kid that couldn't differentiate between his two thumbs into a god.

Still you would hate to see kids with dub shot controllers like these running around high level MM...

I guess partying up in teams will reduce your chances of encountering scum like this because any person with a conscience wouldn't play with cheaters like this. 

Still you would hate to see kids with dub shot controllers like these running around high level MM...

I guess partying up in teams will reduce your chances of encountering scum like this because any person with a conscience wouldn't play with cheaters like this. 

While I can see the concern that video is almost 7 years old and if they were around back then and ever caught on, I don't foresee it happening now. Granted circumstances have changed in the sense of technology making them probably more affordable but I think it's a rather inane thing to worry about.

Aw shucks, guess HCE it is.

At least until H5 comes out with spectator and theatre.

Could always make a backpack reload modded troller  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Word, plus they'll get out positioned by better players

We're not talking about h1 level here, but there is noticeable skill gap

*insert h1,h2,h3 skill gap chart*

Could always make a backpack reload modded troller  :walshy:

Oh no! Whatever shall we do?  :kappa:

Button glitches don't factor into the game nearly as much as people make it seem.

I disagree.. my reason being "BXR"

changed the ENTIRE game. and if I could pull it off with pushing one button repeatedly  - all hell would break loose. 

While I can see the concern that video is almost 7 years old and if they were around back then and ever caught on, I don't foresee it happening now. Granted circumstances have changed in the sense of technology making them probably more affordable but I think it's a rather inane thing to worry about.

1. your point. it's 2k14 and ppl know how to use the interwebs now. in 2k4-7, it wasn't that unlikely that you had no credit cards, personal computers, or cars, etc if you were 6-18. I remember how hesitant my mom was about using her credit card online for xbl, a game, or on ebay in 2k4. now we don't even think about it and we can use pre-paid cards (I know they existed in 2k4, it's just now way more popular and known).

2. in h2 mm, there were dozens of ways to cheat. superbouncing, ddosing, standbying, modding, you name it. dub shot controllers weren't needed to win for these scrubs.

3. with dedis and 60fps, superbouncing, standbying, modding, and ddosing are now impossible except maybe the first. The only way to cheat now is with a modded controller.

4. people who are only interesting in matchmaking will definitely be pressured into buying a special controller like scuff, but then they might realize they can just buy a modded controller for the same price (probably cheaper tbh), so they buy that instead.

It will be very prominant, especially if the ranks are desirable/good

p.s. i know superjumping isn't really cheating, it's just super annoying and has been used in the past to obtain cheap wins so i threw it in just cause.

I use the scuf one xbox one controller since I find the 4 paddles under the controller for abxy are far more comfortable then having to take my thumb o the look pitch every time i want to hit abxy. combined with bumper jumper I have supreme ease of control in Titanfall / Halo 2 Vista(only played 2 times DX)

except in close quarters or when you have a secondary 

or when you need to reload 

changed the ENTIRE game. and if I could pull it off with pushing one button repeatedly  - all hell would break loose. 

I suppose my post doesn't really convey my thoughts on this topic very well. Of course pressing a single button to perform a combo would change the game a great deal. But it wouldn't be that big of a problem for BXR, XYY, or other glitches that are relatively easy to perform. You still need to have a full clip to BXR and be good enough to put yourself in a situation where it would be advantageous to do so. On the other hand if people are running around with a modded RRX button then yeah, that would be a problem for sure. 

Still, I would take modded button glitches 10 times out of 10 compared to the standbying, host booting, and aimbots that we saw during the original run of Halo 2.

BXR is extremely easy to perform and if you did it too quickly you'd cancel the melee animation, therefore it's not like a controller could do it faster than a human anyway. Plus you still have to line up the headshot after.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you can map macros to a single button, then yes, the skill gap will suffer a ton from it, and modded controllers will do the same as what having a fast internet did on H3, back in 2007. Become advantageous as long as you remain an online warrior and never show up to tournaments.

The way to go is just to ban Scufs and other modded controllers from tournaments. The only thing I can see happening is a patch for some of the most game-changing button combos (double / quad shot) and I'm sure that would cause a rather major upset.

Time will tell.