Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Gandhi Unretires, Will Compete In Halo 2 Next Year

He was just waiting for a decent game to compete in! Like most of the Halo community... Haha

Sweet to see this! Can't wait for all hell breaking loose this fall (in a good way for once)! :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are these old pros afraid of Halo 1 or something? They all seem to only care about Halo 2...

Guess I can't blame 'em. Halo 2 is a much easier game.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 37

Was Ghandi not good at H1?

I don't know, I didn't start watching until Halo 3, but obviously he prefers Halo 2 if he's coming back to compete IN Halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What an amazing story. I, like Bobby, will be rooting for you as you dedicate the competitive season to him. Glad to have you back!

• Upvote (+1) 1

He started with CE and was there from the start really. Way back when Strangepurple was still a name.

Can't wait to compete against him on lan. 

I'm so glad halo is back :3

Yea he was pretty good. Not old enough to travel around though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gandhi and Ogre 2 are both amazing at H1....they just want to compete in whatever the majority chooses. The rivalry is back! 

That was more sarcasm than a serious question.

But yeah, I'd love to see Ghandi compete in H1 again as much as I'd love to see the Ogre twins competing in H1 2v2's, along with the return of Zyos and Team 3D.

Sorry to hear about his friend, but at least now he will finally get to compete again for him. I will be rooting for whatever team he is on, its probably a good decision not to use the OG Carbon name in the end. I wonder what happened to him supposedly talking about trying to team with Formal,Heinz, and Lethul? Guess that must of fell through in the end.

• Upvote (+1) 3

With the return of ghandi. I gotta feeling that the year will be awesome to watch. This brings back the golden days. Welcome back Ghandi!!!!!

Are these old pros afraid of Halo 1 or something? They all seem to only care about Halo 2...

Guess I can't blame 'em. Halo 2 is a much easier game.

dude you have to understand that we've got to play the games which really took off competitively- that's Halo 2 and 3. Halo: CE is a phenomenal competitive game, no one's denying that, but if we want to be hosted by big leagues, and get our community growing again, we need to start with a game which everyone knows and loves

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Cant wait for the late night grindin again....playing for more than 2 hrs without it feeling like a chore.....

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would disagree that CE never took off competitively- it's the game that MLG built their business around.

I get what you're saying, Halo 2 was a more popular game than CE in their respective primes, however Halo 3 was more popular in its prime than both. By this logic, why don't we go with Halo 3? Because it isn't nearly as competitive than Halo 2 of course, but Halo 2 isn't nearly as competitive as Halo 1 either.

It's a vicious cycle....

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Very touching story. I can't wait to see his trash talk back and the possibility of other older pros coming back! November can't come soon enough.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would disagree that CE never took off competitively- it's the game that MLG built their business around.

I get what you're saying, Halo 2 was a more popular game than CE in their respective primes, however Halo 3 was more popular in it's prime than both. By this logic, why don't we go with Halo 3? Because it isn't nearly as competitive than Halo 2 of course, but Halo 2 isn't nearly as competitive as Halo 1 either.

It's a vicious cycle....

So Halo 2 would be a good compromise between popularity and competitive merit then, right? I mean, I grew up playing Halo 3, and I love that game to bits, but I understand that it probably isn't what the core competitive community wants. I just wonder if Halo 2 Anniversary will be as big as Halo 3 was between 2008 and 2010. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

As a competitive gaming community, should we compromise between popularity and competitive merit? We've already established that Halo CE did have it's time where it "took off" as an esport, similar to Halo 2 and Halo 3, though not quite to the same extent. With Halo 1 and 2 being released side by side through MCC, would Halo 1 really be that unpopular relatively? I mean, the game still has a tournament scene to this day...

As a competitive gaming community, should we compromise between popularity and competitive merit? We've already established that Halo CE did have it's time where it "took off" as an esport, similar to Halo 2 and Halo 3, though not quite to the same extent. With Halo 1 and 2 being released side by side through MCC, would Halo 1 really be that unpopular relatively? I mean, the game still has a tournament scene to this day...

I would say there's a pretty big gulf in popularity between the first three Halo's. Admittedly, part of that is due to online streaming becoming more and more popular in the latter parts of the last decade, but there we go. I dunno dude, I just think we need to play a game that's relatively accessible for new players, and I'm not sure Halo: CE delivers that. 

I would disagree. I found that Halo CE catered to the absolute highest levels of competitive play, in addition to the lowest levels of screwing around. From warthog wars to shotguns on Chiron, CE appeals to competitive players and casual players alike. A game with a ton of competitive merit and a game suited for screwing around don't have to be mutually exclusive characteristics.

• Upvote (+1) 3