Sign in to follow this  
Mr Majestic

Legendary Edition Halo 5 Guardians, Master Chief Collection and/or Xbo

I remember when Halo 3 was released and Microsoft/343 Industries/Bungie launched the Legendary edition console and game.

Does anyone know if Microsoft/343 Industries/Bungie are planning to do the same with Halo 5 Guardians, Master Chief Collection and a Xbox One Console?

I've pre-ordered Halo 5 Guardians and the Master Chief Collection but I've held off buying the console because I'd love to add the Legendary edition games and console to my collection.

I wouldn't expect any sort of special edition for the MC Collection, or a custom Xbox One - but for Halo 5: Guardians, no doubt.

I wouldn't expect any sort of special edition for the MC Collection, or a custom Xbox One - but for Halo 5: Guardians, no doubt.

I think they sell the crap out of a halo 2 edition xbox one. 

I'd also be interested to find this information out.  I purchased the special edition Halo 3 Xbox 360 and the special edition Halo 4 Xbox 360.  If there is a special edition MCC Xbox One I'd love to add it to my collection! 

Considering XBone sales have been very poor, it would be in Microsoft's best interest to create a bundle since they can add on extra stuff to increase their profit margins. 

I'm also kind of surprised to see that there isn't some sort of bundle coming out including Astro's, considering 343's recent partnership with them and what better way to grow their brand and raise market awareness than to bundle [XBONE - Halo MCC - Astro's],  I wouldn't need the Astros since I already own a pair, but if you were able to get them in the bundle basically at a set price of like a $100, a lot of people would include it into their bundle and would probably bring customer's back to buy a new pair a few years down the road.   

Then again, Microsoft isn't paying me to market for them, so I really don't care what they do.  I just want those dedicated servers and 60 fps. 

Somewhat unrelated question... heard this from a pro I play with... is it true you can't have true 1080p and 60 fps concurrently? 

@@DoBziLLa unless that pro is gh0st, dersky, killer, or neighbor, then they don't know what they're talking about. But he might be referring to other games that have promised 60fps and 1080p and failed to deliver

He LAN's with a couple of those guys, and I think the statement was made strictly around a hardware / mechanical perpsective, not specific to any game. 

I'm not sure exactly what the tennants of running true 1080p are and how it might not be compatible with 60 fps so I'm not going to be able to provide more info, was just curious if there were any tech geeks out there that may know of it or be able to provide some clarification. 

More games are being released with bonus DLC extra's but there is still a huge market for collectors edition games and consoles. The Halo reach legendary edition was awesome, as was the Halo 3 console and Legendary edition game.