Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Official Halo 5 "Changes, Additions, and Fixes" Thread

Forge Maps are still super boring in Halo 4.  We need better lighting options, and themed pieces (convenant, human, forerunner, and natural).  Forge pieces need to flow better and not look like two forge pieces have been stuck together.  All in all I think forge needs to be more aesthetically pleasing.

Also CSR needs to be in game and to be only based on Win/Loss rather than individual (with the exception of Rumble Pit).  Win/Loss CSR has so many benefits as to how players play when compared to the frantic and aggressive behaviour promoted by individual CSR.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Forge Maps are still super boring in Halo 4.  We need better lighting options, and themed pieces (convenant, human, forerunner, and natural).  Forge pieces need to flow better and not look like two forge pieces have been stuck together.  All in all I think forge needs to be more aesthetically pleasing.

Also CSR needs to be in game and to be only based on Win/Loss rather than individual (with the exception of Rumble Pit).  Win/Loss CSR has so many benefits as to how players play when compared to the frantic and aggressive behaviour promoted by individual CSR.

I agree so much. There is an unbelievable amount of potential for Forge. I don't Forge, nor do I have any interest in starting to Forge but I can sympathise for the current forgers who have these dull pieces to forge maps with. 

For example, I love The Pit map style but when it was re-made in Reach and put into MLG it just didn't feel the same because of how dull and grey it was. Why can't we have colour customisation for pieces, so we could use those yellow walls along the side of The Pit and then the green walls inside green box. 

It would make for great variation in maps and we'd hardly ever see any two maps that look similar to each other. I think Halo 4 took a step in the right direction with the slightly coloured pieces which works well for Simplex/Onyx etc but it would be great if they took it one step further for Halo 5.

Also, agreed about CSR, no question about that. If it's not visible I'm not even gonna buy the game. Period.

A weapon editor.

A vehicle editor. Vehicle attachments/upgrades.

This is just silly unless its just for aesthetic purposes. In that case it would make machinimas 20x cooler.

This is just silly unless its just for aesthetic purposes. In that case it would make machinimas 20x cooler.

A Mongoose for the Race gametype could, and should, be different from the stock Mongoose. Manual transmission, NOS, etc.

A weapon editor would really just be for fun in customs but it is very easy to implement so I see no reason not to.

A Mongoose for the Race gametype could, and should, be different from the stock Mongoose. Manual transmission, NOS, etc.

A weapon editor would really just be for fun in customs but it is very easy to implement so I see no reason not to.

Did you forget this is Halo?

In the words of Major Nelson: *rips mic out of hand*

Are YOU on the development team?!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would like to see, Top medals and MVP like it was in Halo 3, now you just don't know what medals other players have.

And offcourse a lot of other things people have already said.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Though I agree with most of what you said I do think some of it won't even be thought of being removed (sprint for example) My biggest surprise is that you want them to remove the relationship between the story and the multiplayer? How does this effect you in anyway? All it is, is more lore for the part of the community that is interested in Halo's story to feed on. It really bothers me when developers try to add more story aspect to the game and people rip on them for it. I would understand why to complain if it was ruining Halo's story but it does no such thing. I do prefer the competitive side of Halo but the majority of the changes made here don't seem to have a casual player in mind. 

Though I agree with most of what you said I do think some of it won't even be thought of being removed (sprint for example) My biggest surprise is that you want them to remove the relationship between the story and the multiplayer? How does this effect you in anyway? All it is, is more lore for the part of the community that is interested in Halo's story to feed on. It really bothers me when developers try to add more story aspect to the game and people rip on them for it. I would understand why to complain if it was ruining Halo's story but it does no such thing. I do prefer the competitive side of Halo but the majority of the changes made here don't seem to have a casual player in mind. 

It is a waste of time. So much time was spent delivering the Infinity "experience." When really it is a load of fluff that time was wasted on. It also created Spartan Ops, which Firefight is better than.

I would like to see, Top medals and MVP like it was in Halo 3, now you just don't know what medals other players have.

And offcourse a lot of other things people have already said.

I agree. Post game stats should be a mix between Halo Reach and Halo 3

We should do a weekly live show going over stuff like this. a 30 minute one? Just a thought. lol

We should do a weekly live show going over stuff like this. a 30 minute one? Just a thought. lol

Perhaps in a future First Strike the GBE team can discuss Halo for Xbox One.

Quinn and Bravo often watch the show

Just give me the best of everything in the game. I hate these weekly updates they do

Halo 4 feels kind of empty to me. I played three games of Halo 3 the other day, 50-49 50-48 and 49-50.  All three of these games were close and there was intensity and momentum swings throughout each entire game, at the end of which my heart was pounding with excitement.  This just doesn't happen in Halo 4 (or Reach).  There are no consequences for coming second, no rewards for winning.  In game ranks based on Win/Loss (individual ranking is terrible) only need to return for Halo 5, if they don't I won't be buying Halo 5 and will just continue to play Halo 3.

Halo 5 needs a great ranked MM system and the Mauler. haha

Yep, notice how the mauler is fairly similar to the Boltshot, in one game it's a pick-up gun which is treated as a semi-power weapon and then the other game, you can spawn with it! 

Yep, notice how the mauler is fairly similar to the Boltshot, in one game it's a pick-up gun which is treated as a semi-power weapon and then the other game, you can spawn with it! 

I actually love the concept of the Boltshot... should return as an on map weapon

I actually love the concept of the Boltshot... should return as an on map weapon

The concept would be better if the longer you charged it the tighter the spread became.

I love the concept of it too, just being able to spawn with it is silly. :P

However, I would rather the Boltshot worked in that when you charge it up, it will shoot after it's reached the maximum timeframe for charging. That way you can't keep charging it up again and again and then releasing it when you choose, thus saving the ammo in the gun.

I'm just cheeks when it comes down to boltshot. when it really comes down to it. lmao

I'm just cheeks when it comes down to boltshot. when it really comes down to it. lmao

Cheeks? Sorry, never heard of that word used in that context before.

Cheeks? Sorry, never heard of that word used in that context before.

ahh sorry that would be the cod kid in my. its a term for being awful with it. lol I just recently switch back to Halo after MLG Dallas for CoD