Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Official Halo 5 "Changes, Additions, and Fixes" Thread

I want KoTH and Oddball back...

Same, I miss them. Would bring more variety to Throwdown. All we really have atm is TS, Extraction and a broken CTF. :(

Same, I miss them. Would bring more variety to Throwdown. All we really have atm is TS, Extraction and a broken CTF. :(

CTF isn't broken other than the fact that there is no X to pickup.

CTF isn't broken other than the fact that there is no X to pickup.

No X to pickup, flagnum and a "Kill" indicator that can't be toggled off. No one ever complained about how flag running worked in Halo 1/2/3/Reach, why fix something that isn't broken?

No X to pickup, flagnum and a "Kill" indicator that can't be toggled off. No one ever complained about how flag running worked in Halo 1/2/3/Reach, why fix something that isn't broken?

Plenty of people complained about it, myself included. 

The concept was so abstract that it just seemd out of place. The announcers voice was incredibly annoying for people who juggled in Team Objective and other playlists, and it was more of an individual experience.

The new CTF combines simplicity but retains its "competitiveness" through the need for teamwork with the indicators.

All of this is my opinion... but I feel like a lot of people just want the nostalgia and can't be open to new ways to change the gametype so it is more intuitive.

• Downvote (-1) 1

The concept was so abstract that it just seemd out of place. The announcers voice was incredibly annoying for people who juggled in Team Objective and other playlists, and it was more of an individual experience.

The new CTF combines simplicity but retains its "competitiveness" through the need for teamwork with the indicators.

All of this is my opinion... but I feel like a lot of people just want the nostalgia and can't be open to new ways to change the gametype so it is more intuitive.

I respectfully disagree about the increased teamwork aspect of the H4 CTF gametype. It's much easier now and more noob friendly, where it tells everyone on the opposing team the exact location of the flag carrier. I wouldn't mind if they had the flagnum version as well as the original CTF gametype. Flagnum for all social gametypes and original CTF for Throwdown.

My point is also enforced by this picture:

lWKaZbp.png

where 343 explained at a convention (or whatever it was) that they wanted to make the game more noob friendly, and CTF is a prime example of this.

I realize I am the minority, but obviously the new CTF works because more people complain about Oddball than CTF... and CTF is very much playable in its current state. It may not be the exact experience we used to know, but it does work competitively.

If they were to decide to give us the classic options I would want to see this:

Default Gametypes:

CTF

CTF Classic

Options:

Flagnum: Enabled - Disabled

Icons: Static (H4) - Dynamic (Classic)

Drop Flag: Disabled (H4) - Enabled (Classic)

Give us options to toggle on/off in custom game settings!!

-Flag Drop
-Toggle off Sprint (If it's kept)
-Give players the options to disable animation assassinations
-Weapon damage settings

Changes I would like to see removed/Brought back/Added

-Spectator Mode Added
-Skill Ranking System with seasons... LoL? Added
-Give players the option to show there highest skill rank in there player card/service record if they want
-UI design to be based around halo 3/Reachs but improved obviously... See Rambles design on THC
-Social/Ranked Playlists brought Back
-Mix of Small/Medium/Large maps with competitive aspects in mind
-DE-SCOPE brought back
-4 Player Theater mode
-JIP gone and give a more sincere punishment to people who quit
-BR to be kept as a 4 shot kill
-Active cammo as a power up brought back

Give us options to toggle on/off in custom game settings!!

-Flag Drop

-Toggle off Sprint (If it's kept)

-Give players the options to disable animation assassinations

-Weapon damage settings

Changes I would like to see removed/Brought back/Added

-Spectator Mode Added

-Skill Ranking System with seasons... LoL? Added

-Give players the option to show there highest skill rank in there player card/service record if they want

-UI design to be based around halo 3/Reachs but improved obviously... See Rambles design on THC

-Social/Ranked Playlists brought Back

-Mix of Small/Medium/Large maps with competitive aspects in mind

-DE-SCOPE brought back

-4 Player Theater mode

-JIP gone and give a more sincere punishment to people who quit

-BR to be kept as a 4 shot kill

-Active cammo as a power up brought back

To the bolded:

Yes. Yes. Yes. I cannot stress this enough. 2 or 3 month seasons would prevent the boosting/cheating aspect 343 fears, and gives incentive to keep playing.

Have a combination of old and new, have it be a proper sequel to the original trilogy.

Trash AA's and bring back equipment, that worked the very best back in Halo 3. Introduce new equipment too.

Trash the Casual, SR system and this flawed CSR system. 1-50 CAN be perfected if it's fine tuned. I haven't talked to anyone however that agrees on that.

Trash the DMR, that was Reach, this is Halo 4...not Reach. A weapon from a prequel should not travel through time and be an instant new thing in this trilogy.

Fix the damn Boltshot, Make the alt fire an EMP-like charged shot. Players should not spawn with a 1SK weapon except in Fiesta.

Trash loadouts, or make them work like Reach's loadouts did. This isn't COD regardless of the players who think it's not. Custom Loadouts don't fit in this universe.

Increase the player count. BF has 24/32 players. Theres no reason why Halo can't have this with the Xbox One tech.

Bring back the Custom Game Options and make more of them, Halo 4 has a great lack of this.

Improve Forge, Make different Forge maps with different terrian. I know Halo has the tech with the Xbox One to make Forge World sized maps. Include EVERY object that is present on the map, not just a limited amount. Increase the Forge budget also and increase the object count per Forge object.

Bring back the Falcon or Hornet, I don't care which. Theres no reason the UNSC Falcon or Hornet shouldn't be in Halo 5, the Covenant have a Air vehicle, the UNSC should have one too.

ADD competitive playlists, and bring back Ranked/Social. It worked PERFECTLY with Halo 3. Don't repeat what playlist hoppers had in Halo 4.

Remake classic maps and have a Throwback Playlist specifcly for these maps.

ADD a Community playlist, and keep it there and update it reg with Community made maps and gametypes. II'm sure players have made over a million custom gametypes that would work well with the playlists.

Have a combination of old and new, have it be a proper sequel to the original trilogy.

I agree

Trash AA's and bring back equipment, that worked the very best back in Halo 3. Introduce new equipment too.

Disagree, AA's on map are very cool (Jet Packs on Stat 9, Countdown, and Sanc. Evade on Zealot and Pit) They can turn a lot of equipment into AA's (Bubble Shield)

Trash the Casual, SR system and this flawed CSR system. 1-50 CAN be perfected if it's fine tuned. I haven't talked to anyone however that agrees on that.

Casual players need a non-competitive ranking system too, and SR ranks give them that. (Same thing as Halo 3's Private, Corporal, Captain Ranks)

Trash the DMR, that was Reach, this is Halo 4...not Reach. A weapon from a prequel should not travel through time and be an instant new thing in this trilogy.

I agree, one utility weapon or the sandbox breaks.

Fix the damn Boltshot, Make the alt fire an EMP-like charged shot. Players should not spawn with a 1SK weapon except in Fiesta.

I say buff it and bring it back as a weapon on map.

Trash loadouts, or make them work like Reach's loadouts did. This isn't COD regardless of the players who think it's not. Custom Loadouts don't fit in this universe.

Agreed. For casual play, Reach's Team Slayer (Save Armour Lock and Sprint) was very fun

Increase the player count. BF has 24/32 players. Theres no reason why Halo can't have this with the Xbox One tech.

I'm sure we'll see at least 12 man teams.

Bring back the Custom Game Options and make more of them, Halo 4 has a great lack of this.

Agreed

Improve Forge, Make different Forge maps with different terrian. I know Halo has the tech with the Xbox One to make Forge World sized maps. Include EVERY object that is present on the map, not just a limited amount. Increase the Forge budget also and increase the object count per Forge object.

Agreed

Bring back the Falcon or Hornet, I don't care which. Theres no reason the UNSC Falcon or Hornet shouldn't be in Halo 5, the Covenant have a Air vehicle, the UNSC should have one too.

Falcon

ADD competitive playlists, and bring back Ranked/Social. It worked PERFECTLY with Halo 3. Don't repeat what playlist hoppers had in Halo 4.

It didn't work perfectly in H3, but I agree they should return

Remake classic maps and have a Throwback Playlist specifcly for these maps.

1-2 Remakes at launch

ADD a Community playlist, and keep it there and update it reg with Community made maps and gametypes. II'm sure players have made over a million custom gametypes that would work well with the playlists.

Agreed.

I responded in the quote with bold

I responded in the quote with bold

Yeah, I do agree with you on the casual rank system. Ha, had it on my mind though, just didn't jot it down.

This has to be the best list I've ever seen for Halo 5, It has everything that I wish Halo 5 will hopefully have

This has to be the best list I've ever seen for Halo 5, It has everything that I wish Halo 5 will hopefully have

Thanks!

I can open my mind to change just not bad change..

I can open my mind to change just not bad change..

It really isn't all that bad... besides X to pickup.

I think the moral of the story when dealing with secondary elements of the game (sounds, menu stuff, team colors, etc.) is don't mess with classic elements if you don't have to because nostalgia is a bitch.

I think the moral of the story when dealing with secondary elements of the game (sounds, menu stuff, team colors, etc.) is don't mess with classic elements if you don't have to because nostalgia is a *****.

I disagree, the Reach Menu was a huge improvement from Halo 3... but I agree a lot of sounds and colors should remain the same.

H4 has made leaps and bounds from the game it was when it first came out and its only going to get better. 343 is starting to understand what the community wants. H5 will be FAWESOME!

I disagree, the Reach Menu was a huge improvement from Halo 3... but I agree a lot of sounds and colors should remain the same.

Yeah, I guess I should have left the menu stuff out of it.  I mainly was talking about weapon sounds, in-game music (like with 5 kills remaining), medals, and announcer lines, for just a few examples.  The things that really have zero impact on the way you experience the game.

This Thread already...H5 is over 1 year out.

Better safe then sorry. Besides, development for Halo 5 has already started. 

This Thread already...H5 is over 1 year out.

As I've said before, its better to share ideas now then find out killstreaks and .3 second kill times have been added and there are 5 months until launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

we did this for Halo4 and look what happened. SMH

This is true, but it was a new company. As we all know, the game was rushed, they had never developed a full scale, triple A title before and they hired people who "hated Halo". They probably thought they could do it themselves or didn't have enough time/resources to get everything in the game that should have been.

I think it's loud and clear that they need to listen to the community in order to ship a solid game that has a longer lifespan than Halo 4 did. They've seen the numbers, they know what they need to do. They'll be extremely stupid if they don't listen to us this time around.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

edit: Sam fine I just wont post in this thread.  :bman:

All I'm saying is that it was a new company who had a massive job on their hands. Believe me, I'm not fully defending them, I know the flaws of Halo 4, I've been here since launch and I'm not happy with the direction in which Halo has gone. BUT, you can't blindly bash them for making one mistake (Halo 4), if they make a 2nd mistake (halo 5) and don't learn from their previous mistake then they'd be foolish and I'd be the first one to call them out.