Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Official Halo 5 "Changes, Additions, and Fixes" Thread

Hoping the unscoped snipe gets slimmed down from the H4 Sniper. Played Reach the other day and it's much less intrusive on the screen. When you sprint with the H4 Sniper it takes up like half of your screen...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hoping the unscoped snipe gets slimmed down from the H4 Sniper. Played Reach the other day and it's much less intrusive on the screen. When you sprint with the H4 Sniper it takes up like half of your screen...

Agreed, the Halo 3 sniper was very simple and nostalgia freaks will say it was the best... but let's be honest, the Reach sniper was a BA, and perfect upgrade.

Agreed, the Halo 3 sniper was very simple and nostalgia freaks will say it was the best... but let's be honest, the Reach sniper was a BA, and perfect upgrade.

It was the best because it was the most skillful to use, way more so than the Reach snipe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd prefer the random spread (BR) over the ease of use (DMR) anyday. It's the lesser evil would say.

Same with the LR. Way to far RRR. I'm all for being able to kill someone across the map, but there should be a certain amount of skill required. Pre-patch LR was perfect IMO.... *Sigh*

Like you said the LR itself is awesome with the two firing modes!

We can still make gametypes based on the pre-patch stuff - the changes were only made to matchmaking. 110/110 was a 4shot LR in and out of scope, and also had the 2 scoped + last unscoped = kill by bleedthrough mechanic.

If he really wanted to, Ghost could probably get a gametype made with a lower LR RRR and the fixed 2x Overshield.. but hey, probably not going to happen. Ninja says people who want to use the LR can go play Infinity Slayer.

Ninja says people who want to use the LR can go play Infinity Slayer.

I remember getting told that we should try not to strip down the game and use the stuff in Halo 4. This applies for POD and Ords, but not loadouts. I want to use my caarbine!

• Visible 1-50

No randomness in precision weapons

Halo 2 like strafe

No sprint

Descope

At least 6 "out of the box" arena style maps

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Visible 1-50
  • No randomness in precision weapons
  • Halo 2 like strafe
  • No sprint
  • Descope
  • At least 6 "out of the box" arena style maps

3 symmetrical arenas, 2 asymetrtical and 1 Lockout/Guardian "4 base" style asym

• Visible 1-50
  • No randomness in precision weapons
  • Halo 2 like strafe
  • No sprint
  • Descope
  • At least 6 "out of the box" arena style maps

I would still say more than 6 are required to allow for some to be casual based and have no chance of making it into competitive play. Off the top of my head, think Isolation. Fine map for casual 4v4 play but would never make it into the competitive playlist. It's rare that every single map for a game out of the box could be used in competitive play.

I would still say more than 6 are required to allow for some to be casual based and have no chance of making it into competitive play. Off the top of my head, think Isolation. Fine map for casual 4v4 play but would never make it into the competitive playlist. It's rare that every single map for a game out of the box could be used in competitive play.

Isolation was garbage... and I was a casual in H3

Isolation was garbage... and I was a casual in H3

Yes, I didn't like it either but the average casual who plays Halo 3 because their mummy bought it for them does not care. It was utilised for 4v4 play but it wasn't ever considered for competitive play because of the map layout. My point is that we can't accept 6 out of the box small maps and expect them all to be fine for competitive play. A certain % of those maps are your "Isolations".

Yes, I didn't like it either but the average casual who plays Halo 3 because their mummy bought it for them does not care. It was utilised for 4v4 play but it wasn't ever considered for competitive play because of the map layout. My point is that we can't accept 6 out of the box small maps and expect them all to be fine for competitive play. A certain % of those maps are your "Isolations".

They don't have to be... any competitive map can be enjoyed casually. You sound like your asking for crappy maps to be shipped with the game. Haven, Abandon, Adrift, and even Solace are all enjoyed by casuals.

Those physics.

No more coming to a complete stop when you change directions. Instant direction change makes for a much smoother strafe. I'm also tired of being so damn bouncy in this game. I'm a spartan decked out in heavy armor, why do I feel like a 25c super ball?

Idk how anyone else feels about this anymore since it was so long ago but BRING BACK CLANS! My friends list is full of people watching Netflix. I still want to have full friends lists of nothing but people playing Halo like the wonder years.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They don't have to be... any competitive map can be enjoyed casually. You sound like your asking for crappy maps to be shipped with the game. Haven, Abandon, Adrift, and even Solace are all enjoyed by casuals.

I'm not talking about casual maps. I'm talking about competitive maps. I'm saying the game can't ship with 6 small maps because 2-3, maybe even 4 won't be good enough for competitive play. The more maps we get with the game, the more of a chance that some of those maps can be used for competitive play and the less forge maps we have to include. 

Look at Halo 3, nearly every map on the circuit was Bungie made, I believe only Amplified and Onslaught were the only forge maps. Now look at Reach, we only utilised Countdown and Zealot I believe and the rest were forge maps.

I'm not talking about casual maps. I'm talking about competitive maps. I'm saying the game can't ship with 6 small maps because 2-3, maybe even 4 won't be good enough for competitive play. The more maps we get with the game, the more of a chance that some of those maps can be used for competitive play and the less forge maps we have to include. 

Look at Halo 3, nearly every map on the circuit was Bungie made, I believe only Amplified and Onslaught were the only forge maps. Now look at Reach, we only utilised Countdown and Zealot I believe and the rest were forge maps.

Thats like you're saying that you are expecting bad maps.

The only maps MLG used were Construct, Guardian, Narrows, and The Pit (Default Maps)

Thats like you're saying that you are expecting bad maps.

The only maps MLG used were Construct, Guardian, Narrows, and The Pit (Default Maps)

You have to expect bad maps, it is inevitable. Developers don't base every single map on hardcore, competitive play. I don't disagree with that either, why cater to the minority? Those maps also utilised different gametypes too and not just one. For example in Halo 4 Station 9 is just for Extraction, Adrift is just for CTF. Whereas Pit used TS, CTF and KoTH, Construct used TS and KoTH, Guardian used TS and Ball and Narrows used CTF and TS.

You have to expect bad maps, it is inevitable. Developers don't base every single map on hardcore, competitive play. I don't disagree with that either, why cater to the minority? Those maps also utilised different gametypes too and not just one. For example in Halo 4 Station 9 is just for Extraction, Adrift is just for CTF. Whereas Pit used TS, CTF and KoTH, Construct used TS and KoTH, Guardian used TS and Ball and Narrows used CTF and TS.

Well said... and I'm fine with expecting some bad maps, but labeling the bad maps as "casual maps" isn't right because both groups lean towards the good maps (Casuals and Competitive love Haven)

Competitive maps can be enjoyed casualy but casual maps cant be enjoyed competitively

Well said... and I'm fine with expecting some bad maps, but labeling the bad maps as "casual maps" isn't right because both groups lean towards the good maps (Casuals and Competitive love Haven)

True, but what I mean is I am a competitive gamer and a bad map in my eyes is something a casual would enjoy. Was just talking about myself. :P

True, but what I mean is I am a competitive gamer and a bad map in my eyes is something a casual would enjoy. Was just talking about myself. :P

Objectifying casuals in that case, its no big deal... no one can truly know what any one person will desire.

However, using the example of Isolation... even in Social Slayer or with randoms... that map gets voted out every time.

Objectifying casuals in that case, its no big deal... no one can truly know what any one person will desire.

However, using the example of Isolation... even in Social Slayer or with randoms... that map gets voted out every time.

Yeah, I agree Isolation was a bad example, I couldn't think of a map from Halo 3 that fit what I was talking about, haven't played it for years. But the casual gamer, I mean like, as casual as you can get, would still not mind what map he/she plays because they are on the game to have fun and mess around.

First thing is first: NO MORE FLUFF

Sprint

AA's

Loadouts

Progressive rank

flinch

Aim acceleration

strafe acceleration

Trash it.

Ranking system

Social/ranked playlist

descope

wider FOV

a beta

small 4v4 maps

lower auto aim angle

very little to no bullet magnetism

?

Profit.

Bravo, I know you watchin'

Minor addition: ability to turn off assassination animations

Minor, Non-gameplay changes: Get rid of in-game music (the kind that plays when someone is 5 kills from winning, go back to simple red vs blue, and cut down on the amount of things that the announcer says