Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Official Halo 5 "Changes, Additions, and Fixes" Thread

So indestructible vehicles and getting splattered at 2.5 MPH?

you know what im talking about, i dont give a shit about vehicles, stop being a smart ass  

If they can make an AI in a racing game learn how you drive and apply it to your opponents, I want them to do the same in some kind of training mode.

Basically, I face off in 1v1's against an AI to get better.

Currently, if I take a break for anything more than a few days, I get destroyed on my return since I'm not warmed up yet, which puts me off from playing even more. Thanks to this, I have a bad strafe, terrible aim, and get matched up with much better players than I should be, in nearly every single playlist.

And on that note, how about a matching system that actually works?

One thing that doesn't get talked about as much as the other needed changes is the sniper hitboxes.  It got pretty bad on Reach, but Halo 4 is just ridiculous.  

The way I look at it, there are two types of power weapons: the power weapons that do not require special skill (rockets, etc.) and the power weapons that can be used impact the game just as much if not more than non-skilled power weapons, but require a certain amount of specialized skill in order to benefit from the weapon.  Ever since Halo 3, when sniping was pretty difficult and required a lot of skill, the growing hitboxes have caused sniping to shift more towards the type of power weapon that everyone can use to affect the game.  For example, I used to think no-scoping someone was really special when it happened, and now it's just a regular occurrence.  I remember watching Halo 3 events and when someone would string together a couple of headshots with the sniper, it was a big deal, while now it isn't even that exciting when someone hits even like five in a row.

So yeah, give the sniper a bigger learning curve/skill gap.  I'm sick of being a semi-decent sniper. Take me back to the days when my sniping made Tim Tebow's arm look accurate.

No scopes were hard to get. People felt rewarded for getting no scopes.

Insert backwards 343 logic:

Let's reward people more often so they play our game more. Make no scopes easy as shit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

More custom game options.

Example: Ability to jump off a wall once before falling.

Not a fan of the whole seasons thing for ranks. A 50 shouldn't be so easily obtainable that it needs to be reset every 3 months so that so many people can get it again. Surely they've worked out now how to prevent boosting and making a 50 a long term goal, rather than short term.

• Upvote (+1) 1

More custom game options.

Example: Ability to jump off a wall once before falling.

You could make melees knock targets back on impact but if you melee an immovable object, like a wall, you are the one who is knocked back. It would basically give melees a Concussion Rifle effect so if you jumped, looked down, then meleed the wall you would perform a "wall jump" of sorts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You could make melees knock targets back on impact but if you melee an immovable object, like a wall, you are the one who is knocked back. It would basically give melees a Concussion Rifle effect so if you jumped, looked down, then meleed the wall you would perform a "wall jump" of sorts.

Yea I like this idea and these type of ideas.

I feel like all the small things that add up, make the skill gap. As long as the small things are balanced and tuned well.

Id rather have a weapon that is like the CE pistol than a 4sk BR, i.e. a gun that is not random, a quick kill time and is skillful to use.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Id rather have a weapon that is like the CE pistol than a 4sk BR, i.e. a gun that is not random, a quick kill time and is skillful to use.

The BR/Carbine is as close as we gonna get. IMO

Right now the Carbine is the most competitive weapon...

I'd prefer a ZB DMR with the current aim assist range of the BR but less friction on the reticle. Maybe even 4 shot... but we all know that's not happening...

The BR/Carbine is as close as we gonna get. IMO

Right now the Carbine is the most competitive weapon...

I'd prefer a ZB DMR with the current aim assist range of the BR but less friction on the reticle. Maybe even 4 shot... but we all know that's not happening...

The DMR with reduced AA, bullet mag and no bloom is the ideal competitive weapon, not shite random spread.

You are correct though, Carbine is a great weapon, but I think the LR might be slightly better (empowers individual more, more meta with scoped/unscoped and spread is tigher and less random)

The DMR with reduced AA, bullet mag and no bloom is the ideal competitive weapon, not shite random spread.

You are correct though, Carbine is a great weapon, but I think the LR might be slightly better (empowers individual more, more meta with scoped/unscoped and spread is tigher and less random)

I'd prefer the random spread (BR) over the ease of use (DMR) anyday. It's the lesser evil would say.

Same with the LR. Way to far RRR. I'm all for being able to kill someone across the map, but there should be a certain amount of skill required. Pre-patch LR was perfect IMO.... *Sigh*

Like you said the LR itself is awesome with the two firing modes!

Halo 5 FTW, 60fps I'm ready to not see twixtor in montages 2014.

Playable Flood

Using the D-Pad the player can choose different Flood forms to mutate into. Each form has unique abilities. The player can change from any form to any other form except when in Infection form. An Infection form must find either a corpse or enemy to reanimate/infect to regain the ability to mutate. Players spawn as a Combat form.

D-Pad

Up - Stalker Form

-can melee

-can jump

-can climb walls

-fast speed

-medium health

Down - Ranged Form

-can fire spikes

-can stick to walls

-can curl into a defensive ball by crouching

-can not move

-high health

Left - Infection Form

-can climb walls

-can target and lunge, like the Energy Sword, to fling itself at an enemy

-once latched onto an enemy the Infection form can be shot and killed by another player during a brief period before infection occurs

-medium speed

-low health

Right - Combat Form

-can fire weapons

-can jump, melee, and release an AI controlled Infection form

-can release a supercell cloud

-medium speed

-high health

Jump (Combat Form Only)

Flood Lunge

-tap Jump for a medium range, parabolic, forward lunge

Flood Jump

-Crouch and hold Jump to charge up a vertical high jump, the longer Jump is held for, the higher the jump will be

Melee (Combat Form Only)

Tentacle Whip

-extra long arm allows for longer melee range

Grenade (Combat Form Only)

Floody Buddy

-release an AI controlled Infection form that will independantly hunt enemies

Base Ability (Combat Form Only)

Supercell Cloud

-only Flood forms can see through it

-standing in it for more than a moment will infect any other species

-regenerates health of Flood forms within the cloud

-disappates over time

That. Sounds. AMAZING! Reminiscent of GoW 3 though...

Halo 5 FTW, 60fps I'm ready to not see twixtor in montages 2014.

Just realized that now  :ninja:

Has any one suggested a better looking BR? because i think this one looks terrible in comparison to earlier BR's!

Has any one suggested a better looking BR? because i think this one looks terrible in comparison to earlier BR's!

Read my sandbox section.

Suggested a BR "black" paint job, as well as the sniper (with a green scope) and the BR should also have a circular scope.

My checklist would consist of:

• Spectator Mode
  • In game Ranks, either halo 3 (preferred) or halo 2 style
  • Halo core - guns, grenade, melee like you said
  • No sprint
  • Descope
  • Good on-disc maps
  • Beta - You 100% need a beta to test everything, i feel like a majority of problems that happened with halo 4 could have been fixed/better with a beta. 
  • BR 4-shot kill
  • No DMR
  • Good playlists

Read my sandbox section.

Suggested a BR "black" paint job, as well as the sniper (with a green scope) and the BR should also have a circular scope.

Great idea for the scope shape/colour, Im a fan of a longer thinner BR, bit more tuned towards halo 3