Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Official Halo 5 "Changes, Additions, and Fixes" Thread

I feel like it was an excuse to make Spartan Ops work, remove Elites, and introduce stupid ideas like loadouts,ordnance and specializations... none of which belonged in Halo (besides Elites)

Fair enough you feel that way about the actual gameplay, but if the excuse was to make a free second campaign, well...that would definitely be one of the benefits. I'm not saying SPOPs was the best but they got their foot in the door for those kind of things in the future and some really liked the concept. 

Plus, come on, unless you're totally uninterested in the lore of Halo, I'm sure everyone at one point wondered "Why the hell do reds and blues hate each other so much?"

Ew. No. Definetly no. God no. I'm sorry but if you touch my mongoose I will have to kill you. :heckfu:

The normal Mongoose would still be there. There would be a program, like Forge is for maps, that let's you take the stock vehicle and modify it. You don't want neons under your goose?

The only two things I can note are AA's and the Random ordnance.

First, Armor abilities

Some of the armor abilities are pretty well balanced while others are completely off (Jet pack, Promethian, and Cloak). Those are the only armor abilities I would like to see gone from the standard loadouts. Loadouts can be implemented waaaaaaaaay waaaaaay better, its a joke what designer thought it was a good idea to have some of the perks they added. Imo, perks should be gone entirely, but I wouldn't mind a choice of HL, TP, Holo and Regen as I have always felt there is a good meta behind those abilities. That said it should be a choice to keep them out of competitive play and should be kept to radar only gametypes.

Random Ordnance

Now considering the joke of weapon placement bestowed upon us because of 343, these drops have been insanely random and without purpose but for the sake of the bad player to have a chance to rip faces. But that is the result of their PLACEMENT. Random ordnance can be set to a singular spot which can have different recurring weapons BUT in a static order. That is pretty much the only positive thing I can say about the random ordnance. Initial Ordnance in my mind can stay as long as it doesn't have a bunch of random order weapons on it. However, there should be an option to change the damn clip size for both the random and the initial.

Everything else I am 110% on. I am gonna send an email of this post through twitter or Email to BS angel and make for damn sure they are listening.

I guess we can agree to disagree about both your points. I feel both AA's and RODs add randomness to Halo, which is something we've never had. AA's I wouldn't mind, but its my personal desire that they are gone. Random Ordnance I feel just doesn't belong.

But if Default Team Slayer has AR starts with the choice of Thruster, Holo, Regen, Hardlight, and a new AA (and then Team BRs with the same AA choices) then I wouldn't mind that.

As long as there are no movement AA's (Sprint/JP) or "Get out of jail free" AA's (Camo/Armor Lock) then I am okay.

P.S. 343 keep Jet Pack in forge for map placement. It rocks that way.

The normal Mongoose would still be there. There would be a program, like Forge is for maps, that let's you take the stock vehicle and modify it. You don't want neons under your goose?

I'm sorry no this is Halo not Forza, or whatever the hell games your getting that idea from xD

Fair enough you feel that way about the actual gameplay, but if the excuse was to make a free second campaign, well...that would definitely be one of the benefits. I'm not saying SPOPs was the best but they got their foot in the door for those kind of things in the future and some really liked the concept. 

Plus, come on, unless you're totally uninterested in the lore of Halo, I'm sure everyone at one point wondered "Why the hell do reds and blues hate each other so much?"

It never had anything to do with lore... and no one questioned it. NO GAME questions why the Human good guy characters fight each other

It never had anything to do with lore... and no one questioned it. NO GAME questions why the Human good guy characters fight each other

But does that make the notion of defining the premise of multiplayer inherently bad?

• Upvote (+1) 1

But does that make the notion of defining the premise of multiplayer inherently bad?

No, but that fact that they spent so much time thinking of those concepts... sorry, not spent, WASTED, time on those concepts. Is what bothers me.

Aesthetic additions, like paint jobs, wouldn't hurt anything. It is like weapon skins for vehicles. The upgrades I am really talking about would allow players to create mini games by altering vehicle traits and abilities. If I was into race and had the option to add NOS for a quick speed boost, I would. None of these things would have to alter the core game. Just add to it.

Aesthetic additions, like paint jobs, wouldn't hurt anything. It is like weapon skins for vehicles. The upgrades I am really talking about would allow players to create mini games by altering vehicle traits and abilities. If I was into race and had the option to add NOS for a quick speed boost, I would. None of these things would have to alter the core game. Just add to it.

God I'm sorry, it doesn't sound bad... it just sounds so weird and out of place. They would have to spend months on a tool 1% of the community would use.

I am fine with AA's in Halo as long as they are on the map like equipment was in Halo 3

I know it wont happen but bring back BXR and BXB it makes the up close game skillfull something a player has to play for to try to master

H2/H3 with Spectator mode

Is the giant text also a subtle suggestion for a wider field of view or am I making you smarter than you really are?

No Sprint/ De scope/ no aa/ no ordnance/ better maps/ better forge/ cleaner gun sounds...and cleaner movement. 

the thing i noticed from halo 4 compared to all the other halo's is that halo 4 does not feel smooth, as in the way my spartan walks...etc it feels very grungy almost like my spartan is tired and sloppy.

and the gun sounds could be better, all the other halo's had gun sounds that sounded very smooth and you could listen to them for hours where as halo 4 gun sounds are a little too much to take in for hours of gaming, i have to turn my tv down more than average every time i play halo 4.

• Have a progression system AND skill ranking system
  • For a skill ranking system (Ranked Playlists), improved CSR 1-50 in game ranks that reset after 3 month seasons (343 could utilize this to prevent cheating/boosting)

HAS TO BE VISIBLE INGAME RANK SYSTEM. Or I'm done.

Apart from that, great list, you've pretty much covered everything I could think of in terms of what needs to come back/be improved. Gj!

HAS TO BE VISIBLE INGAME RANK SYSTEM. Or I'm done.

Apart from that, great list, you've pretty much covered everything I could think of in terms of what needs to come back/be improved. Gj!

You quoted me saying in game ranks. 

improved CSR 1-50 in game ranks 

343 most likely won't implement them without a way to prevent boosting, and Seasons would be a cool idea to keep the game refreshing, having to work to get a 50 every 3 months.

Modifiable environments. Burn shit down, freeze things, blow holes in walls.

Maybe for more of the large scale maps.

You quoted me saying in game ranks. 

improved CSR 1-50 in game ranks 

343 most likely won't implement them without a way to prevent boosting, and Seasons would be a cool idea to keep the game refreshing, having to work to get a 50 every 3 months.

My mistake, wrote that just after waking up. Can't stress it enough, though. If it's not visible, it's not worth it.

OMG HOW DID HE NO THEY WUD ANNOWNZ HALO 5

#illuminati

Maybe for more of the large scale maps.

Yeah. Think something along the lines of Invasion and how the phases open up new areas of the map.

Assault gametype should make a comeback. The BR needs to sound different. It gets annoying in H4. Make it sound similar to the H2 BR.

Is the giant text also a subtle suggestion for a wider field of view or am I making you smarter than you really are?

Its a wider field of view  :bravo: