Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Official Halo 5 "Changes, Additions, and Fixes" Thread

Hey guys! I've noticed a lot of people talking in threads about things they want to see in Halo 5, and a couple threads have sprouted up about ideas as well. I wanted to make this thread to condense all the clutter of Halo 5 posts/ideas as well as create a place to share ideas/wants/and fixes that Halo 5 can bring to the series.

Please categorize your ideas by Campaign, Multiplayer, Gameplay, Sandbox, and etc. 

Here are my ideas, feel free to share your ideas, whether it be an entire list, or just an note or two. Try to avoid walls of text and make a list.

Campaign:

• Longer Campaign
  • More vehicle levels and/or Wide Open Battlefields (Tip of the Spear, Reclaimer, The Covenant, just to name a few)
  • Less characters that we have no reason to hate (Palmer)
  • Less fiction and/or better explanation for fictional characters/plot devices (for people who have not read books)
  • Thats all I can really say, I for one, loved the H4 campaign and I thought they did a great job
  • Less buttons/switches

Multiplayer: 

• Better playlist management at the start
  • Have a progression system AND skill ranking system
  • For a skill ranking system (Ranked Playlists), improved CSR 1-50 in game ranks that reset after 3 month seasons (343 could utilize this to prevent cheating/boosting)
  • Casual Playlists
  • More Maps (6 Large, 6 small, 2 Medium that work for 4v4 and 8v8)
  • Remove the concept of Infinity, just give us a standalone experience that is unrelated to the story, and don't waste time on giving it a fiction
  • Bring back old gametypes such as Territories, Invasion Assault, Headhunter, Stockpile, etc. The more the merrier.
  • Include all Halo 4 gametypes such as Regicide, Extraction, Dominion.
  • More custom game options, give people the option to make Infection OR Flood gametypes, give us the option to turn off Oddball throwing (I enjoy new Oddball too)
  • Keep the new CTF changes, add "Hold X to pickup" by default, give us the option for flag dropping and flag indicator management.
  • 343 should assign a larger portion of their staff to the Halo 5 sustain team to bring us more frequent MM updates (weekly or bi-weekly) and much faster Title Updates.
  • More robust DLC (2 large maps, 2 small maps, 1 Bonus item (Armor Piece, Firefight map, forge map, etc. per DLC package) 
  • Better menu U.I. (Use Reach's as a baseline, it was fantastic)
  • Better Armor pieces/sets
  • Spectator mode, spectator mode, spectator mode.
  • Perhaps expand on Theater in some manner
  • Bring Firefight back (Prometheans in FF, unf)
  • Improve networking (Dat Halo Reach netcode)
  • Improve Forge, fix magnets, include option to generate lighting manually, not automatically, reintroduce precision editing, better Forge Map(s) and color palletes on launch
  • Reduce amount of medals, bring back old medal art and styles
  • Remove text on screen that says Kill or Sniper kill
  • Will add more as I think of them

Gameplay:

• Remove Sprint, Personal Ordnances, Flinch (Descope), Loadouts, and AA's on start.
  • Remove hitmarkers, I like them a lot, but they don't fit Halo.
  • Fix grenades, more consistency
  • Remove DMR. Duplicate weapons that are supposed to serve the same purpose can destroy a game (and the BR is the fan favorite)
  • BR remains 4sk and hitscan
  • Balance the other weapons around No Sprint, Descope, 4sk BR, and smaller map sizes.
  • Keep the game fast paced... the default game should feel somewhere between Infinity Slayer and Halo 3 Slayer speed.
  • Place AA's on Map or remove them all together.
  • Stay true to what Halo's core is (Bungie stated this themselves): Your gun, your grenades, and your melee.
  • This is more of a tricky one that I cannot decide on: Map Ordnance. Either remove the concept of ordnance all together and return to weapons on map (and the return of static timers) or just keep ordnance stationary and remove Random Ordnances. You guys decide
  • Balance Vehicles to weapons and Grenades

Sandbox: 

• As stated previously, remove the DMR, make the BR a 4sk and balance the other weapons around that
  • Paint the Sniper and BR black, and spray paint the LED screen on the sniper Green. 
  • Redesign weapons to give them new looks, I always love redesigns
  • Add 2 new promethean weapons, 2 new human weapons, and a new covenant weapon
  • Bring back the grenade launcher
  • Bring back the Falcon
  • Introduce Promethean Vehicle
  • Buff Plasma Grenades now that Loadouts are gone

Etc.:

• Brighten and saturate color scheme to that of Halo 3 (Actual Blue Spartans, not Halo 4's Baby Blue)
  • Fix more bugs before the game launches
  • Fix Machinima tools, make lowering weapons easier, and allow players to walk with lowered weapons

I now encourage you all to share your ideas.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 5 is a long way away.

more time to address the issues with h4 and make h5 a great game from day 1. No?

more time to address the issues with h4 and make h5 a great game from day 1. No?

I just feel like the issues were beaten to death immediately after Halo 4's release. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

More specific kill-feed (ex. sniped, pummeled, assassinated, lasered)

get rid of global ordnance all together or improve it to where we can have more weapons on the map that are on a consistent timer

add back player waypoints. If a teammate is shooting or getting shot at I should be informed of that

Add custom powerups and camo back

scrap flood and add infection back

Have an option to where I can mute the damn game music (Reach just about killed my ears)

• Remove the concept of Infinity, just give us a standalone experience that is unrelated to the story, and don't waste time on giving it a fiction

No. That's one of the few cool ideas they introduced that actually worked. Or maybe it was that way to me because I lean more toward the lore of Halo and not hyper competitive multiplayer. 

However, it was one of the reasons they used to wriggle their way out of playable Elites. Lame. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

More specific kill-feed (ex. sniped, pummeled, assassinated, lasered)

get rid of global ordnance all together or improve it to where we can have more weapons on the map that are on a consistent timer

add back player waypoints. If a teammate is shooting or getting shot at I should be informed of that

Add custom powerups and camo back

scrap flood and add infection back

Have an option to where I can mute the damn game music (Reach just about killed my ears)

Agree with a lot of that. Flood adds a cool aesthetic to Infection, we should have the option to use the flood skins. Reach didn't have multiplayer music if thats what you are referring to.

No. That's one of the few cool ideas they introduced that actually worked. Or maybe it was that way to me because I lean more toward the lore of Halo and not hyper competitive multiplayer.

However, it was one of the reasons they used to wriggle their way out of playable Elites. Lame.

Incompetence is why Elites aren't playable. You expect me to believe the UNSC has never captured an Elite or even have video of one to create a virtual simulation of them? Training to fight Elites should have been a main feature of the Infinity simulation.

I feel like it was an excuse to make Spartan Ops work, remove Elites, and introduce stupid ideas like loadouts,ordnance and specializations... none of which belonged in Halo (besides Elites)

Agree with a lot of that. Flood adds a cool aesthetic to Infection, we should have the option to use the flood skins. Reach didn't have multiplayer music if thats what you are referring to.

No I'm talking about the menu music but the in game music can go to. I have to put on music then mute it so I don't have to hear any of it. It gets annoying especially when it glitches and constantly plays in-game

No I'm talking about the menu music but the in game music can go to. I have to put on music then mute it so I don't have to hear any of it. It gets annoying especially when it glitches and constantly plays in-game

Then I agree, give us sliders to raise or lower sound effects, announcer voice, and music

So we better give our feedback now before they put in killstreaks and tell us about it 3 months before the game comes out.

Protip: they're going to do that anyway.

Playable Flood

Using the D-Pad the player can choose different Flood forms to mutate into. Each form has unique abilities. The player can change from any form to any other form except when in Infection form. An Infection form must find either a corpse or enemy to reanimate/infect to regain the ability to mutate. Players spawn as a Combat form.

D-Pad

Up - Stalker Form

-can melee

-can jump

-can climb walls

-fast speed

-medium health

Down - Ranged Form

-can fire spikes

-can stick to walls

-can curl into a defensive ball by crouching

-can not move

-high health

Left - Infection Form

-can climb walls

-can target and lunge, like the Energy Sword, to fling itself at an enemy

-once latched onto an enemy the Infection form can be shot and killed by another player during a brief period before infection occurs

-medium speed

-low health

Right - Combat Form

-can fire weapons

-can jump, melee, and release an AI controlled Infection form

-can release a supercell cloud

-medium speed

-high health

Jump (Combat Form Only)

Flood Lunge

-tap Jump for a medium range, parabolic, forward lunge

Flood Jump

-Crouch and hold Jump to charge up a vertical high jump, the longer Jump is held for, the higher the jump will be

Melee (Combat Form Only)

Tentacle Whip

-extra long arm allows for longer melee range

Grenade (Combat Form Only)

Floody Buddy

-release an AI controlled Infection form that will independantly hunt enemies

Base Ability (Combat Form Only)

Supercell Cloud

-only Flood forms can see through it

-standing in it for more than a moment will infect any other species

-regenerates health of Flood forms within the cloud

-disappates over time

Playable Flood

Using the D-Pad the player can choose different Flood forms to mutate into. Each form has unique abilities. The player can change from any form to any other form except when in Infection form. An Infection form must find either a corpse or enemy to reanimate/infect to regain the ability to mutate. Players spawn as a Combat form.

D-Pad

Up - Stalker Form

-can melee

-can jump

-can climb walls

-fast speed

-medium health

Down - Ranged Form

-can fire spikes

-can stick to walls

-can curl into a defensive ball by crouching

-can not move

-high health

Left - Infection Form

-can climb walls

-can target and lunge, like the Energy Sword, to fling itself at an enemy

-once latched onto an enemy the Infection form can be shot and killed by another player during a brief period before infection occurs

-medium speed

-low health

Right - Combat Form

-can fire weapons

-can jump, melee, and release an AI controlled Infection form

-can release a supercell cloud

-medium speed

-high health

Jump (Combat Form Only)

Flood Lunge

-tap Jump for a medium range, parabolic, forward lunge

Flood Jump

-Crouch and hold Jump to charge up a vertical high jump, the longer Jump is held for, the higher the jump will be

Melee (Combat Form Only)

Tentacle Whip

-extra long arm allows for longer melee range

Grenade (Combat Form Only)

Floody Buddy

-release an AI controlled Infection form that will independantly hunt enemies

Base Ability (Combat Form Only)

Supercell Cloud

-only Flood forms can see through it

-standing in it for more than a moment will infect any other species

-regenerates health of Flood forms within the cloud

-disappates over time

Seems cool, forgot to add to my list: Add New Gamemodes

I would like to see some sort of incentive for players to use mics each game, maybe bonus xp, weapon skin unlock after having your mic in for x number of games or something of the sort.

I would like to see some sort of incentive for players to use mics each game, maybe bonus xp, weapon skin unlock after having your mic in for x number of games or something of the sort.

Talking Spree!

A weapon editor.

A vehicle editor. Vehicle attachments/upgrades.

Doesn't seem like Halo to me...

Armor Skin, Weapon Skins should be gone if Loadouts get the boot

The only two things I can note are AA's and the Random ordnance.

First, Armor abilities

Some of the armor abilities are pretty well balanced while others are completely off (Jet pack, Promethian, and Cloak). Those are the only armor abilities I would like to see gone from the standard loadouts. Loadouts can be implemented waaaaaaaaay waaaaaay better, its a joke what designer thought it was a good idea to have some of the perks they added. Imo, perks should be gone entirely, but I wouldn't mind a choice of HL, TP, Holo and Regen as I have always felt there is a good meta behind those abilities. That said it should be a choice to keep them out of competitive play and should be kept to radar only gametypes.

Random Ordnance

Now considering the joke of weapon placement bestowed upon us because of 343, these drops have been insanely random and without purpose but for the sake of the bad player to have a chance to rip faces. But that is the result of their PLACEMENT. Random ordnance can be set to a singular spot which can have different recurring weapons BUT in a static order. That is pretty much the only positive thing I can say about the random ordnance. Initial Ordnance in my mind can stay as long as it doesn't have a bunch of random order weapons on it. However, there should be an option to change the damn clip size for both the random and the initial.

Everything else I am 110% on. I am gonna send an email of this post through twitter or Email to BS angel and make for damn sure they are listening.

Giving the Mongoose a manual transmission for Race isn't Halo?

Ew. No. Definetly no. God no. I'm sorry but if you touch my mongoose I will have to kill you.  :heckfu:

• Upvote (+1) 1