Sign in to follow this  
trongable

Update: Got My Headset From Diesel!

Update: After getting back in contact with Diesel again on Twitter, he was super quick and courteous to send out the headset. I received it on Wednesday. Thanks Diesel and thanks Reign 812!

Hey everyone, long time to see. Last time I posted here, I made a thread about Diesel not honoring a giveaway that Ambush did for 2000 subscribers on their Youtube channel. The thread was locked without reason even though I had asked aPK for permission to make the post.

Screenshot of that convo here: http://i.imgur.com/gLWIFuf.png 

The thread can be found here: http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/3312-diesel-and-team-ambush-not-honoring-their-giveaway/ 

I didn't make this thread in hopes of ever getting my prize, I just wanted to show the community what I've had to deal with. Long story short, Diesel kept stringing me along for over six months. He complained about how he was the one that would have to pay for shipping, but maybe he didn't realize that flat rate boxes at post office go for < $20. At some point, I was just asking for the sake of asking no longer expecting the prize.

Below is a screenshot of the last time I got in contact with Diesel. The rest of the conversation can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/OSlql

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there as a PSA. When RTX comes around, be wary of who you are supporting. 

7zJhnQS.png

• Upvote (+1) 9

That's pretty lame man. I mean really, it's a free headset so it's no huge blow and that's the vibe I get from your threads, but the principle of it which I completely agree with. So it's almost been a full year and he still hasn't even made an attempt? Obviously this situation is completely different from the AGL fiasco, but maybe Halo players should stop promising their fans things if "real life" happen so frequently and for so long.

I'd love to hear an update about this, certainly not just a bunch of excuses.

I won a headset from T2 and it arrived like 4 days later. How fucking hard is it send a pack of fucking gum?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I won a headset from T2 and it arrived like 4 days later. How fucking hard is it send a pack of fucking gum?

I think he won a Razer Headset, not gum.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@Teapot: Thanks, dude. I tweeted this at them, but they'll probably miss it, to be honest.

Oh no, I won a Razer headset haha. Though that makes it even worse that T2 sent it out that quickly D: I would not care at all if it was a pack of gum.

@Teapot: Thanks, dude. I tweeted this at them, but they'll probably miss it, to be honest.

Oh no, I won a Razer headset haha. Though that makes it even worse that T2 sent it out that quickly D: I would not care at all if it was a pack of gum.

Oh wow. Ok. lol When did you win the headset?

lol what a tool. Such an unprofessional way to handle it. Inb4 some lame cop out excuse or people trying to justify the way he handled it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Diesel is a cool guy, I know him personally - You never received the headset at all?

He's been super nice on Twitter (when he responds). But no, I never received the headset.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I sent this package in March.  I went to the UPS store had them package it and sent to you. It cost me $23 and change.  As I told you before I didn’t send it right away because I had my car broken into and had to replace a few items.  I sent it to you after I got back from SXSW.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I sent this package in March.  I went to the UPS store had them package it and sent to you. It cost me $23 and change.  As I told you before I didn’t send it right away because I had my car broken into and had to replace a few items.  I sent it to you after I got back from SXSW.

When's the last time he messaged you? Surely you've followed up on sending out a headset to make sure it went to where it was needed. He's claiming he never received it.

edit: well looks like you're checking it out now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When's the last time he messaged you? Surely you've followed up on sending out a headset to make sure it went to where it was needed. He's claiming he never received it.

edit: well looks like you're checking it out now.

Yea. UPS gave me like a label for it. I just have to find it. I'm not a shady person.  I want nothing but to build the community.  As i said before, I sent it in March the day i got back from SXSW.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just needed a public thread to remind him.

lol.. this has to be a joke. I know many people who have done give aways and the people act like they didn't get the prize. lol not saying thats what he's doing just saying people are shitty.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Everybody just needs to relax for a minute here. Put away the pitchforks and stop with the neg rep bombs. Packages get lost all the time, no matter if you use UPS, USPS, etc to ship. The package could have easily been lost - it happens a lot. It might have even been not sent yet - which obviously would not be great but everyone has their own crazy lives to deal with and things get forgotten. Either way, I would wait until Diesel can find if he sent it out or not before everyone tries to come at him.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Everybody just needs to relax for a minute here. Put away the pitchforks and stop with the neg rep bombs. Packages get lost all the time, no matter if you use UPS, USPS, etc to ship. The package could have easily been lost - it happens a lot. It might have even been not sent yet - which obviously would not be great but everyone has their own crazy lives to deal with and things get forgotten. Either way, I would wait until Diesel can find if he sent it out or not before everyone tries to come at him.

Oh i know i sent it out. I'm a cheap ass person and it cost me 23 bones to get it packaged and send it to him.  I also don't like being called dishonest when I spent my own money so someone could get a FREE HEADSET.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember when this actually happened. Tyler had his car broken into and had to spend a good amount of money for the stuff (stuff he uses for work) that was stolen first and foremost. I'm not sure if you think Tyler is just sitting on money, but that wasn't exactly the case. He sent the package when he could, but what happened after that is not his fault. Hopefully he finds the tracking label and this gets resolved. I don't think there was a need to bring Reign or 812 into this as they have nothing to do with it, and especially no need to call Diesel dishonest. I've known him for 4 years now and it's quite the opposite. He is the kind of person that hates to go back on his word.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Oh i know i sent it out. I'm a cheap ass person and it cost me 23 bones to get it packaged and send it to him.  I also don't like being called dishonest when I spent my own money so someone could get a FREE HEADSET.

its not about it being FREE though, its the principle of the giveaway in itself

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol.. this has to be a joke. I know many people who have done give aways and the people act like they didn't get the prize. lol not saying thats what he's doing just saying people are shitty.

So after the initial confusion, you reeallllyyyyy didn't bother to check up on the package and make sure that it got delivered? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

There was no initial confusion, he asked about it and i told him what was going on.  I told him i'd send it when i had the chance and i did.  I want to clear this up.

Okay, let me rephrase that. 

You strung someone along for six months and then have the gall to get suspicious at THEM?

hu·mil·i·ty

(h)yo͞oˈmilitē/
noun

1. a modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness.
  • Upvote (+1) 4