CyReN

Community Vote For Our Next Online Tournament

What would you like?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like?

Gold Pro 2v2 on Zealot

4sk

Sniper/GL/Shotty on 90s timers

I'll try to cap other maps (including the forged ones)

@ @@Vetoed

Watching this, it makes me realize how little of an incentive the grenade launcher or the sniper are to move around the map, when the DMR is that strong. For a long time, near the end, you guys could afford to sit back in holos, giving up a weapon that doesn't act as much of a game changer as it would on normal settings, while still having a very good area denial weapon on tap. Zealot could use a neutral power-up, something along the lines of camo sitting ring 1 or ring 2, or even near bottom gold.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If running H4 means you'll get the dev support and sponsorship we saw in Forge Idol, I'm all for it. You had so many teams because that prize pool was insane for a free to enter tourney.

More hype=better event, regardless of the game to me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching this, it makes me realize how little of an incentive the grenade launcher or the sniper are to move around the map, when the DMR is that strong. For a long time, near the end, you guys could afford to sit back in holos, giving up a weapon that doesn't act as much of a game changer as it would on normal settings, while still having a very good area denial weapon on tap. Zealot could use a neutral power-up, something along the lines of camo sitting ring 1 or ring 2, or even near bottom gold.

We actually sat back on purpose to kill as much of the clock as possible....we had the lead...in a tourney....in the last game in the series.....im not jumping out there just for the fuck of it lol....by any means necessary....however I do agree with a powerup being placed somewhere on the map....i think every map should have at least one powerup.....the 4sk dmr is dope....much better than the default 5sk which allows players too much freedom to do silly shit with power weapons or making B line charges across a map....

If running H4 means you'll get the dev support and sponsorship we saw in Forge Idol, I'm all for it. You had so many teams because that prize pool was insane for a free to enter tourney.

More hype=better event, regardless of the game to me. 

That's probably our last Halo 4 tournament to be honest. With the collection coming, think it's best to play past titles at this point until Halo 5 releases.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We actually sat back on purpose to kill as much of the clock as possible....we had the lead...in a tourney....in the last game in the series.....im not jumping out there just for the fuck of it lol....by any means necessary....

I'm not questioning the decision, I'm questioning the fact that the map allows for it without a drawback.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not questioning the decision, I'm questioning the fact that the map allows for it without a drawback.

I hear you....its just the lack of a powerup n maybe a bit quicker timers....

That's probably our last Halo 4 tournament to be honest. With the collection coming, think it's best to play past titles at this point until Halo 5 releases.

Cool with me, I voted H3 2v2 :)

By that logic, with the Collection coming why bother with Reach?

Cool with me, I voted H3 2v2 :)

By that logic, with the Collection coming why bother with Reach?

We haven't ran a Reach tourney and it seems to have some serious buzz around it. Hope it carries over if we announce one.

you think reach is better than h3? i'm done. 

I'm not a big fan of either, but "reach" is way too generic a term. Regular blooming Reach is the worst default Halo there is, even worse than default halo 4 to me.

ZBNS Reach is pretty solid halo and I find that a lot of Halo 3 players who blame Reach for the downfall of the franchise tend to put both default and ZBNS in the same bucket when they're not really even close IMO. Do you think that specifying default Reach vs Reach as it played in the final MLG event is not necessary? That Reach is collectively bad (or worse than h3) no matter what settings are used?

I'm not sure what advantages Halo 3 has over ZBNS reach other than a more skillful sniper rifle and maybe the maps. I'm curious though.

• Upvote (+1) 8

you think reach is better than h3? i'm done. 

Sir, you can be done, and that was the point. Arguing that Halo 3 is better than all of Halo Reach(including ZBNS) is irrelevant to the topic, and to some extent...not true at all since ZBNS is arguably one of the best Halo's ever played, too bad it came in too late.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not a big fan of either, but "reach" is way too generic a term. Regular blooming Reach is the worst default Halo there is, even worse than default halo 4 to me.

ZBNS Reach is pretty solid halo and I find that a lot of Halo 3 players who blame Reach for the downfall of the franchise tend to put both default and ZBNS in the same bucket when they're not really even close IMO. Do you think that specifying default Reach vs Reach as it played in the final MLG event is not necessary? That Reach is collectively bad (or worse than h3) no matter what settings are used?

I'm not sure what advantages Halo 3 has over ZBNS reach other than a more skillful sniper rifle and maybe the maps. I'm curious though.

movement is fluid and grenades aren't dumb.

tho maps/settings used for Gold pro reach >>> h3 mlg maps/settings.

tho h3 mlg maps/settings >> mlg v7 maps/settings

movement is fluid and grenades aren't dumb.

Comparing halo 3's and Reach's strafe is like comparing the health benefits of mcdonalds and Burger King.

Also, h3's grenades are pretty much water balloons.

Sir, you can be done, and that was the point. Arguing that Halo 3 is better than all of Halo Reach(including ZBNS) is irrelevant to the topic, and to some extent...not true at all since ZBNS is arguably one of the best Halo's ever played, too bad it came in too late.

hating at h3 cause you probably suck at it...lol. "arguably one of the best halo's ever played"....played by who? the thousand people that didnt quit the garbage game? 

• Downvote (-1) 5

hating at h3 cause you probably suck at it...lol. "arguably one of the best halo's ever played"....played by who? the thousand people that didnt quit the garbage game? 

Great attitude man, not sure if you are trolling or not but ZBNS Reach >>>>> H3, it's not a discussion, stop trying to derail the topic(going to your level here) Halo 3 kid.

FYI, Been playing Halo since CE.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Great attitude man, not sure if you are trolling or not but ZBNS Reach >>>>> H3, it's not a discussion, stop trying to derail the topic(going to your level here) Halo 3 kid.

FYI, Been playing Halo since CE.

nahhhhhhhhh, h3>reach. "FYI, Been playing Halo since CE." FYI, you still suck at halo. and idk being called a "halo 3 kid" is offensive, lolol stupid reach kid. 

• Downvote (-1) 6

nahhhhhhhhh, h3>reach. "FYI, Been playing Halo since CE." FYI, you still suck at halo. and idk being called a "halo 3 kid" is offensive, lolol stupid reach kid. 

Troll confirmed.

You prolly are a really bad kid that enjoys that trashy BR :)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Troll confirmed.

You prolly are a really bad kid that enjoys that trashy BR :)

yeah i'm really bad lol. at least you get to enjoy sprinting and flying around the map in your jetpack, right?

• Downvote (-1) 4

Comparing halo 3's and Reach's strafe is like comparing the health benefits of mcdonalds and Burger King.

Also, h3's grenades are pretty much water balloons.

i didn't mention strafe at all in that post. I was talking about ice skates and ironman boots smh.

also reach's are water balloons in behavior. halo 3s are tennis balls.

like srsly wtf @ this post. When i throw a water balloon and it hits the ground, it doesn't bounce well...

yeah i'm really bad lol. at least you get to enjoy sprinting and flying around the map in your jetpack, right?

You know the zbns settings have no sprint or AA's, right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You know the zbns settings have no sprint or AA's, right?

He probably does, but chooses to ignore it for god knows what reason.