CyReN

Community Vote For Our Next Online Tournament

What would you like?  

427 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like?

I would definitely enter the halo reach 2v2 as long as I could find a decent partner and be able to put sum practice in

• Downvote (-1) 1

If this is the community vote for the next online tournament, where is the LAN vote? @Cyren  :weback:

While I realize the bloom sucks, I enjoy watching this flavor of Reach. With radar disabled it made for some damn interesting games, even with the issues.

edit: zbns reach is objectively better but I find this more fun to watch

I think these tournaments are great. I wish I had known about them sooner! I enjoyed the competition and looked forward to it all month.

Whatever is next, one thing I'd like to suggest is: make an investment in making the player experience more fulfilling. Single elimination kinda sucked. My team made it three rounds (with one no-show round 1), when we lost we were done. It would have been much more satisfying if there was more play time. Whether it be losers brackets, group stages (not unlike the World Cup), or any permutation that would guarantee play time in a competitive fashion. I know these tourneys are time intensive and it probably sucks to have to keep everything organized; I know, I've been there. I figured, the tourney had 97 teams competing between the hours of 3pm and around what, 7pm? I was done at about 4:45p. We could probably squeeze a couple more stages of game play in there.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved it. The prizes are great, the tourney was a blast, and I greatly appreciated the opportunity. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope I don't get alot of hate on this, but what about a HCEA 2v2 toureny? 3sk Reach settings on the Anniversary DLC and maybe even forge remakes of other maps. Idk I'd enjoy it. What about you guys?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gold Pro 2v2 on Zealot

4sk

Sniper/GL/Shotty on 90s timers

I'll try to cap other maps (including the forged ones)

@ @@Vetoed

I think these tournaments are great. I wish I had known about them sooner! I enjoyed the competition and looked forward to it all month.

Whatever is next, one thing I'd like to suggest is: make an investment in making the player experience more fulfilling. Single elimination kinda sucked. My team made it three rounds (with one no-show round 1), when we lost we were done. It would have been much more satisfying if there was more play time. Whether it be losers brackets, group stages (not unlike the World Cup), or any permutation that would guarantee play time in a competitive fashion. I know these tourneys are time intensive and it probably sucks to have to keep everything organized; I know, I've been there. I figured, the tourney had 97 teams competing between the hours of 3pm and around what, 7pm? I was done at about 4:45p. We could probably squeeze a couple more stages of game play in there.

Don't get me wrong though, I loved it. The prizes are great, the tourney was a blast, and I greatly appreciated the opportunity. Keep up the good work!

Single Elimination is and will be the norm for any free to enter tournament - We are dealing with a lot of teams and players, double elimination is time consuming when dealing with disputes, etc.

Double Elimination is reserved for our pay to enter tournaments - I feel like if you are paying to enter you should get two chances, but a free to enter tournament is single elim in order to deal with the bulk of teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

While I realize the bloom sucks, I enjoy watching this flavor of Reach. With radar disabled it made for some damn interesting games, even with the issues.

That's the Wizard remake my friend made, that's pretty cool.

I'd play in another Reach GP 2v2 tournament - the one Doju ran back in February was a blast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If this is the community vote for the next online tournament, where is the LAN vote? @Cyren  :weback:

We all know 3/2 would win for lan votes.  As for online Reach is the best game to play.

obviously i would have the best chance of winning in h3, but it's the better than reach. lets be honest. 

Please stop right there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea unfortunately the bloom is necessary because of the full auto fire. I removed bloom from the game type and it doesn't function like the CE pistol does when full auto. The bloom is actually really controllable once you play a bit, but you still get those guests who once in a while full auto 3sk you across Hang em. I still play 4v4s customs regularly with a bunch of guys, people would sign up if beyond ran a CEA tournament.

reach is dead, let it die

If its dead then what do we have to reach for?

I pick Halo 2

• Upvote (+1) 1

We will do Halo 1/2 this Fall with the MCC, too many issues to run tourney on those right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We all know 3/2 would win for lan votes.  As for online Reach is the best game to play.

BTW I was joking if you could not tell, no Halo game out right now can support a decent size LAN tournament. I don't own a 360, so I'll wait in till the MCC comes out to play Halo again. 

Is CEA out of the question?

Fair to say that falls under Reach.