Sign in to follow this  
sk0ls

Why Warriors Lost and Other Topics : AGL 7 Recap

Neighbor "should" jump to a top team IMO. Not that Slaughterhouse are bad but he could take a team like warriors to a whole new level, Ninja, Legit, APG, Neighbor? That team might could do some damage. If Roy is coming back I think he could lure some players into forming a sick team. My "powerhouse team" besides ambush would be, Roy, Neighbor, Legit, LbX. if LbX returns when roy does, how nasty could that team be!? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree. They dropped the wrong guy. I wasn't sure of it before but this tourney was an eye opener.

The problem is that I dont think there was really a decision to make.  By all past indication RyaNoob would not team or get along with APG.  I think it was either drop RyaNoob and pick up APG or dont pick up APG at all.  They absolutely do need to make a move for an Objective player now though.

Why does everyone think that teams "need" an OBJ player? Yes it helps in some situations but look at Ambush, whos their OBJ? Snipedown/formal just slaying everything, Pistola is just nasty and can slay just as hard as the other two, and Heinz is just a crafty old vet. Not really an official OBJ but they still manage to destroy everyone. If you wanna match up with Ambush I think you gotta fight fire with fire and "try" and outslay them. Someone needs to form a carbon type team that can come in out of nowhere and attempt to take down the giant. FB were the only team to win anything until carbon showed up. Would be cool for a carbon type team to form and start taking events from ambush. 

have it on my computer gunna watch it later, dont you dare spoil it :P

I wouldn't dare.

I disagree in the whole "Warriors lost drop Goofy" mentality from the last two events. I'm not an expert or even remotely known in terms of skill but i believe that the lack of practice was why they placed lower. When Ambush dropped APG and picked up Ola the next event they dropped games to teams they were leaps and bounds better then but they still hadn't found their groove with Ola as a team of 4. Now after lots of practice they look better than at Chicago. Now although i don't think anyone is gonna beat Ambush during Halo 4's lifespan (Halo 5 was just announced.) I believe that's what we are seeing with warriors. APG was picked up and Goofy then left for Pakistan so they had no real time to practice much as a team. They had talked and practiced situations i'm sure but when the games close and things are moving fast you dont have time to go deep into "strats." The old warriors knew what to do when they were down because they played so often they understood each others thoughts and movements in-game. I think that's what the problem was this event, they were up 2-0 vs SQ and then they lost and didn't have the composure due to lack of practice as a team. It was also apparent in the listen-ins with how much direction Ninja gave to APG and Goofy at times. When before this team was mostly trash talking every kill then talking real strategy (not just callouts) when they were securing a flag cap or extraction. I think this is gonna be a better Warriors team after they get a good amount of practice once everyone establishes who they are gonna be on this "new" warriors squad, but of course thats just my take in all of this. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly, as a warriors fan, I'm getting worn out watching them play. Their communication online is rather Shockwave-esque with all of the whining, and they demean each other. I think that if Ninja can calm down and not talk crap to his teammates, if APG can man up and learn how to communicate well with the other 3, and if Goofy can step it up on Obj play, they can win. Legit is doing just about everything right with the team. When warriors are focused and communicating clearly and without emotional charge, they're on Ambush's level easily.