Sign in to follow this  
Synner117

Forge Levels Lag in Matchmaking?

Does anyone else have "lag" issues playing matchmaking split screen? The frame rate feels like it is 18-20 fps anytime I play a Forge map, Complex, and even Solace feels less than 30 fps. Maps such as Haven, Adrift, and most other maps have no frame rate issues at all. Is there a fix for this or is it a well known issue I somehow just never experienced since I rarely played split screen? Any suggestions are welcome. I have cleared the cache and tried several other HDDs and one other Xbox 360 and the issue is still there.

Stop playing that Garbage game

Sorry

Great suggestion! I definitely should just continue to play Halo 2 on XBC or Vista but my gf wants to split screen Halo 4 and it is just too unbearable unless by miracle a Forge map isn't chosen. We have two monitors and two Xbox 360s set up so this isn't usually an issue but one monitor is hooked up to the Xbox One and being dedicated to SGDQ for the next few days.

Great suggestion! I definitely should just continue to play Halo 2 on XBC or Vista but my gf wants to split screen Halo 4 and it is just too unbearable unless by miracle a Forge map isn't chosen.

play halo2 with your gf. if she says its worse than halo4, why are you with her again?

also the 1st post answered the topic. halo 4 has terrible split screen lag, and it's even worse on forge maps. that's why the 3 forge maps weren't in matchmaking on launch. there is nothing you can do but play a better game.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

play halo2 with your gf. if she says its worse than halo4, why are you with her again?

also the 1st post answered the topic. halo 4 has terrible split screen lag, and it's even worse on forge maps. that's why the 3 forge maps weren't in matchmaking on launch. there is nothing you can do but play a better game.

This is the definitive solution! Sucks that split screen is so awful on Forge maps. She loves Halo 2 but I hate the vertical split screen. Problem solved by playing on the big screen with the Xbox 360 set to 480p. Horizontal split ftw.

I thought this was going to be a thread speculating the possibility of Forge maps not lagging in split screen in MCC.

And yeah, Forge maps lag pretty bad in split screen in every Halo and there's nothing you can do about it unfortunately.

*Edit*

You can get Halo 2 in horizontal splitscreen mode by turning widescreen off.  Single screen will be messed up but splitscreen will be "normal."

my gf wants to split screen Halo 4

This irritated me so much I bought another box and monitor for her to play on. Couldn't take it trying to play forge maps in customs with friends...the game turns into a slideshow.

There is no fix, it's just a lack of hardware resources on the 360.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's almost as if forged maps cause more screen lag in Halo 4 than in Halo: Reach. Like... forge got WORSE or something...

(it did)

• Upvote (+1) 3

You think split screen is bad play 16 people customs on over forged maps with your European friends, its feels like 2 seconds 1 frame.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Yes. Panic station on SWAT was so bad in 2LP that i gave up I'm the first 15seconds.

Each of the ricochet finalists showed significant to horrifying performance at nearly every location Butters being by far the worse. Hekau showed only slight degradation and only at the top of the spine. I worked hard to get rendering performance in check but it seems like all the other forgers couldn't care less. Their attitude shows with their lack of art as well. Its sad.

I would hang my head in shame if my map performed as bad. If only forgers cared more about making maps more than getting their maps into a playlist.... +sigh+

I don't recall checking 2LP on any other map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This irritated me so much I bought another box and monitor for her to play on. Couldn't take it trying to play forge maps in customs with friends...the game turns into a slideshow.

There is no fix, it's just a lack of hardware resources on the 360.

False. This is what happens when game developers try to squeeze graphics onto hardware that can't handle it. The 360 hardware is perfectly fine, it's up to the developers to utilise it well. Unfortunately for most game devs this means lowering the FPS, resolution and FOV so they can put extra shiny reflections and shadows onto every surface.

CoD runs beautifully at 60FPS on 360 and the only time I see noticeable frame rate loss is when a smoke grenade goes off.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've splitscreened top/bottom on every type of monitor there is, you just have to set it to standard instead of widescreen on the lowest resolution whether its 420p or 640x820.

Girls love easier games so they can destroy more guys, simple.

Until they play on LAN under pressure.

False. This is what happens when game developers try to squeeze graphics onto hardware that can't handle it. The 360 hardware is perfectly fine, it's up to the developers to utilise it well. Unfortunately for most game devs this means lowering the FPS, resolution and FOV so they can put extra shiny reflections and shadows onto every surface.

CoD runs beautifully at 60FPS on 360 and the only time I see noticeable frame rate loss is when a smoke grenade goes off.

False is a bit of a harsh way of putting it. Regardless of whose fault it is, it is a lack of resources causing the problem. Not that I disagree with you that coding is just as responsible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

fix is easy, get an pc with better hardware... oh wait.

the problem is just that halo4 is poorly optimized, as laggy as reach was its performance was a lot better and had better graphics as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I remember when bungie reach developers were all excited that they had developed a way to increase polygon count by what seemed a magnitude given their sheer excitement. Yet they still were far behind the capabilities of the far cry engine. With far cry you can see clearly deep into water. You could swim and drive boats. Bungie said those things overloaded their physics engine.

if you get the MCC and play halo 4 on that, I would assume with the Xbox ones better hardware it shouldn't have any problem running forge maps split screen with no lag. It might drop lower than 60 FPS but not below 30. And for your question, everyone lags on forge maps if they are in split screen.

False is a bit of a harsh way of putting it. Regardless of whose fault it is, it is a lack of resources causing the problem. Not that I disagree with you that coding is just as responsible.

Don't mean to appear to come off harshly towards you, I just think the blame should be placed where it belongs.

Game developers for console have the EXTREME advantage of only having to get their game working on a SINGLE piece of hardware, rather than the countless computer configurations, etc.

Instead of using this to their advantage and getting a nice smooth playing experience from a game with a decent FoV and frame rate they instead kill both of them, lower the resolution to BELOW 720p and then they get praised by reviewers who play the game for 10 hours and then never touch it again saying "OMG, teh graphics are teh sex lolz" whilst us true fans are stuck playing with a game that plays like a slide show. Pisses me off to no end.

Yes, split-screening on forged maps will cause a drop in your framerate.

Sadly, I don't think there is anyway to avoid it :/