CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

anyone eles feel ambush dominates maps that have 2 snipers, but play regular with maps (or have closer games) that dont have one/only have 1 sniper

I feel the sniper is way too OP in this game. If they cant get descoping, than they have to lower the clip or change the time or do something to it.

especially with pitfall coming through and a good sniper/stat could just sit top snipe the whole game and literally stop any push the opposing team is going to try to make.

anyone eles feel ambush dominates maps that have 2 snipers, but play regular with maps (or have closer games) that dont have one/only have 1 sniper

I feel the sniper is way too OP in this game. If they cant get descoping, than they have to lower the clip or change the time or do something to it.

especially with pitfall coming through and a good sniper/stat could just sit top snipe the whole game and literally stop any push the opposing team is going to try to make.

Unfortunately they can't really do either. If you want the sniper as an ordinance drop, you can't change the amount of ammo that goes with it. Ghostayame also said that he wants it as an ordinance drop because it shows the indicator on your HUD that it's on the map (which I think is crap. Learn to time weapons, folks...)

The ordnance is there so weapon times wont be random. Since we can't have set weapon times having ordnance is the closest thing we can get for both teams to be able to time weapons and make it a fair fight every time a power weapon pops on the map. In my opinion complaining about the ordnance is like complaining about the red x. In past halos (except halo 2) we didnt need ordnance since every knew what time weapons came up and a fight ensured over them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In response to bound, no ambush doesn't just dominate the 2 sniper maps, they also dominate the other ones too. Abandon is, I think, one of their best maps, they've almost steaked teams on it before.

However, I do think the sniper is to powerful and needs to be more skillful to use. But that's not gonna happen in H4 so hopefully H5 will be better

467d06f7a857a9d57d952e2721513177.png

SOMEONE PLEASE

Does he have a kinect?  :kappa:

You can rig a pc to pick it up as a webcam for xSplit.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In response to bound, no ambush doesn't just dominate the 2 sniper maps, they also dominate the other ones too. Abandon is, I think, one of their best maps, they've almost steaked teams on it before.

However, I do think the sniper is to powerful and needs to be more skillful to use. But that's not gonna happen in H4 so hopefully H5 will be better

I agree with you, they dominate on most maps. Quick correction though: Abandon does have a sniper (back gold)

I agree with you, they dominate on most maps. Quick correction though: Abandon does have a sniper (back gold)

He said 2 sniper maps.

Does he have a kinect?  :kappa:

does-he-look-like-a-bitch.gif

Apparently you missed this face..... :kappa: ........ :unclesudd:

• Downvote (-1) 1

Did agl announce the big thing yet?

Don't think so.

Does he have a kinect?   :kappa:

does-he-look-like-a-bitch.gif

player-2_c_176212.jpg

Lethul bottom left.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Its gotta be an FFA thing. 

Off the wall thing that has about .0001% chance of happening. 343 announces a Halo 4 spectator mode. (if only :( )

I think the only solution to balance having 2 snipers on a map is to set the sniper rifle spawn time to 3 minutes from pick-up on maps with 2 snipers on it like Adrift, Dispatch and soon to be Pitfall. By doing this it becomes more important to control the snipers on the map because players who can snipe very well are more inclined to stay alive with it knowing that the despawn of weapons in H4 are very fast and they would have to wait another 3 minutes to get a new one. This puts snipers rifles in the same importance of controlling as rockets. Maps with 1 sniper rifle on it will still spawn every 2 minutes from pick-up.

I wish the current forge maps looked this neat. The forge maps we have right now are so bland looking besides Onyx. This is all curvy and a new design.

Wait we like that map now? When it was used everyone hated the shit out of it.

Big announcement hasn't been made yet. Brad told me on twitter that there is no ETA as they are waiting for multiple things to get settled in multiple different areas.

Well, this is from AGL's latest site update. http://www.arenagaming.us/wp/uncategorized/agl-8-update/

AGL 8 AM FFA

Open FFA during Friday and Saturday

$500 – 1st

Scuf Controller – 2nd

You can play as much as you want Friday and Saturday to tally up your wins.  A win will consist of placing top 2 in your game. Then the top 16 players with the most wins after two days will play on Sunday for the finals. Top 4 will advance from each semifinal to the finals.

If you’re a competitor it will be free to play (NON TOP 16 SEEDS)

If you’re a spectator it will cost $10 to play in the FFA

The settings will be the same at the Halo 4 Global Championship

The finals will be a 15 minute game instead of 8 minutes

The top 2 players in the finals will 1v1 for first

AGL 8 Pro Gamers 4 Christ FFA

Top 16 seed only FFA

$500 – 1st

Scuf Controller – 2nd

The players will compete in a bracket single elimination style bracket on Friday until the final 8 are left

The top 2 players in the finals will 1v1 for the top spot at AGL8

The settings will be the same at the Halo 4 Global Championship

The finals will be a 15 minute game instead of 8 minutes

AGL 8 All Star Matches

We have decided to make Friday Night a little more exciting by adding a small All Star bracket. We will be splitting the players up from East to West and have 4 total teams. The teams will not just be playing for fun but they will be playing for some sort of cash and/ or prizes. Stay tuned for who will play on each team.

• Upvote (+1) 1