CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

If the Columbus '12 SQ squad does in fact come back, we will be going from having one title contender at UMG and AGL 7 (Ambush), to at least three teams (Ambush, Classic, SQ) with the potential to win the event and the potential for even a fourth team, most likely Warriors, to make changes to become a fourth contender.  AGL 8 is gonna be sick.

The stats are more telling than just K/D. Ninja's stats are larger (600 kills vs 200 kills), because he had to play more games in series or played more losers brackets games. Chig's are marginally lower, meaning that he (and his team) can finish a series quicker (ie 3-0) resulting in less games played and less stats. Any team, and player, that can finish series in shutouts or near shutouts is better imo. It'd be good to show objective too (flag caps/extractions) because k/d doesnt matter as much if many of the gametypes are obj.

No ninja played more because he came in 2nd place. Classic came in 6th I believe

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was watching Royal 2's stream and he said they'll be an announcement about teams tonight. 

If you actually watched that stream you saw how brutally bad his play was.  I would not think any of the top teams will risk teaming with him until he has an event or two under his belt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you guys think of this team?

Cloud, Lethul, Naded and Neighbor

Are they going to put in the time to compete and get better as players? if not...meh and i'm a big neighbor fan. Pulling out names of players who performed well back in the day means absolutely nothing in 2013 if they don't play up to the same standards.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was thinking the same thing.  Don't get me wrong Chig has his moments where he goes off and is an absolute beast, but he is inconsistent.  Ninja has that consistency in his play.  Classic would be nasty with Ninja, Roy, Mikwin, APG.

Kyle inconsistent?

lol he had ONE bad game.

ONE in two tourneys.

lol

• Upvote (+1) 9

If you actually watched that stream you saw how brutally bad his play was. I would not think any of the top teams will risk teaming with him until he has an event or two under his belt.

He just started playing again. Give him a couple more days. Royal 2 is one of those halo players that is just good at every halo. Just let him and snakebite get a few more experience with a team and scrims.they they will be alright

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just waiting for AGL 8 to come and Chig does some clutch play for Classic to beat Ambush and then everyone is going to finally realize how good of a player he is.

I've really never been a fan of aPG's playstyle. I personally don't know if this was the right move for them, but we'll see how it plays out at AGL8

The stats are more telling than just K/D. Ninja's stats are larger (600 kills vs 200 kills), because he had to play more games in series or played more losers brackets games. Chig's are marginally lower, meaning that he (and his team) can finish a series quicker (ie 3-0) resulting in less games played and less stats. Any team, and player, that can finish series in shutouts or near shutouts is better imo. It'd be good to show objective too (flag caps/extractions) because k/d doesnt matter as much if many of the gametypes are obj.

Actually it's because Classic got knocked out early while Warriors made it to the grand finals.

Actually it's because Classic got knocked out early while Warriors made it to the grand finals.

Nice signature, just had to point that out!

Nice signature, just had to point that out!

If you are commenting on the fact that I am a Warriors fan, then yeah I am, really a fan of any team Legit is on.  B)

Still though, what I said is true. AGL 5 was a great tournament for Warriors. Ninja and the rest of the team put up some great numbers and Warriors almost took Ambush to a second best of 5. Was the closest any team has come to beating them IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Teams that I want to see happen:

Instinct:

ElamiteWarrior

Cloud

Roy

Elumnite

Darkest Hour

Goofy

Ryanoob

Blaze

Aries

Heaven and Earth:

Dersky

StrongSide (God I wish he comes back)

Mikwen

Hoaxer

Status Quo:

Snakebite (yes they're both back)

Royal 2

Flamesword

Enable

Warriors:

Ninja 

aPG

Legit

Proverb

Triggers Down:

Neighbor

Totz (he might be coming back) if not Lethul

Best Man

Ace

Classic:

Chig

Russo

Str8 Sick

Prototype (yes he is back and yes he has/had issues with them but I hope this happens)

I feel like these teams can bring a lot by that I mean A LOT of competition if this happens

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If you are commenting on the fact that I am a Warriors fan, then yeah I am, really a fan of any team Legit is on.  B)

Still though, what I said is true. AGL 5 was a great tournament for Warriors. Ninja and the rest of the team put up some great numbers and Warriors almost took Ambush to a second best of 5. Was the closest any team has come to beating them IMO. 

I think if they stick with a new, good 4th they would do better.

If they dropped Goofy and found 2 new players that they stick with and gain chemistry with, they'd be even better.

And I like you signature because it an idea I haven't seen before and I also like the "???" part, it gave me a laugh...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Teams that I want to see happen:

Instinct:

ElamiteWarrior

Cloud

Roy

Elumnite

Darkest Hour

Goofy

Ryanoob

Blaze

Aries

Heaven and Earth:

Dersky

StrongSide (God I wish he comes back)

Mikwen

Hoaxer

Status Quo:

Snakebite (yes they're both back)

Royal 2

Flamesword

Enable

Warriors:

Ninja 

aPG

Legit

Proverb

Triggers Down:

Neighbor

Totz (he might be coming back) if not Lethul

Best Man

Ace

Classic:

Chig

Russo

Str8 Sick

Prototype (yes he is back and yes he has/had issues with them but I hope this happens)

I feel like these teams can bring a lot by that I mean A LOT of competition if this happens

Feeling a bit nostalgic?

• Upvote (+1) 2

So I just saw Gandhi's Thoughts #51 and Mikwen said he debated between picking up aPG and Legit for Ryan. Do you think Legit would have left Warriors for Classic had they chosen him? He also said he tried to recruit Ninja on his team to fill the void of Bestman before Knoxville. Things could have played out so differently.

^ :gandhi:

HUUUUH debated between aPG and Legit? god damn of course you would pick up Legit if possible.. sorry I may sound like I really dislike aPG( which is not the case)  but these are bad decisions all around.

And does that mean Warriors will disband? I mean surely if they were options they are all some kind of sick of the team.

What about Carbon Industries. :kappa:

:gandhi: :ghost: :bravo: :quinn: with Coach :maven: and Hype Man :unclesudd:

Winning squadron right there.

That sounds like fun.

APG was the wrong player to pick up.  Classic should have gone for Legit... or Naded.  Just watching Naded play right now, his talent is beyond levels of what people like APG or Ninja are capable of.  

Mikwen, Roy, Chig, Naded.... You would have a team that is up in your face at all times and can win individual battles non-stop.

Classic will place worse with APG at AGL 8, calling it early.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

APG was the wrong player to pick up. Classic should have gone for Legit... or Naded. Just watching Naded play right now, his talent is beyond levels of what people like APG or Ninja are capable of.

Mikwen, Roy, Chig, Naded.... You would have a team that is up in your face at all times and can win individual battles non-stop.

Classic will place worse with APG at AGL 8, calling it early.

What has naded proven in this game? Stop living in 2008
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1