CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

So how does this final game work?

Is it true that they first play a best of 5, if Infamous win they win the tourney, but if Requiem win, they go to ANOTHER best of 5?

No if others got the same amount of viewers he gets and have a partnership with twitch they would not leave lol. My point is still valid. He stayed because he already has a fan base in halo and makes money from it. 

He could have easily moved over to COD and had the same/probably more viewers. He's stated on multiple occasions that he stayed with Halo because he loves the game and is loyal to the franchise + he doesn't enjoy playing COD. No need to be so cynical towards the guy. He was and is a big part of the reason Halo has as many viewers as it does today.

I'd respect Infamous so much more if they'd stop being so fucking cocky. They're playing incredible and haven't lost a series, but they still feel the need to talk shit incessantly.

I'm looking at you Ryan and Lethul. Stop tweeting and keep playing. Be humble about it. You'll get 1000x more fans, I promise.

Happy for Neighbor, Bman and crew. Nobody saw them making it this far.

• Upvote (+1) 2

how professional is that hat and suit? MLG would have never allowed that ish

I think he did wear the hat when he casted with MLG.

Not to mention most of the casters at MLG wore jeans and a dress shirt with a suit-jacket. Not the same thing as a full suit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

how professional is that hat and suit? MLG would have never allowed that ish

If I'm not getting paid, people would be surprised to see me with pants on.

I don't mind the dress up casual, I just want to buy Ghost another hat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many games they playing up to.

I believe it's a best of 5. Not sure.

So how does this final game work?

Is it true that they first play a best of 5, if Infamous win they win the tourney, but if Requiem win, they go to ANOTHER best of 5?

I believe this is correct. Think of it like a double elimination tournament. Infamous would need to lose twice to lose the tournament, hence the two "separate" BO 5's.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Formal loses an event and switches straight into pat himself on the back mode...

Not sure if I hate it or love it 

So... is this going to be a Bo11, or 2 Bo5 Series?

im about 70-80% sure its 2 BO5....technically infamous still needs to be knocked to the losers bracket

Formal and crew have nobody to blame but themselves, they didn't put in a third of the practice that these other teams did. Expect them to come out and destroy next event.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd respect Infamous so much more if they'd stop being so fucking cocky. They're playing incredible and haven't lost a series, but they still feel the need to talk shit incessantly.

I'm looking at you Ryan and Lethul. Stop tweeting and keep playing. Be humble about it. You'll get 1000x more fans, I promise.

Happy for Neighbor, Bman and crew. Nobody saw them making it this far.

its mental games, you shouldn't take it seriously. it worked vs bman, and its gonna work vs ninja :D especially if goofy gets involved

I really don't see Requiem winning this. Would be funny though after reading all these tweets from Lethul and Ryan.

I want Requiem to win just for the heroic story line of beating Classic.. then Ambush.. then SQ.. then Infamous.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Formal's steady making an ass of himself on Twitter right now. Lol.

He may already be drunk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bo5 Then, if Req wins, continues to Bo11

Dude, elaborate on what you're saying. 

Say if Req wins 3-2, is it then 3-2 with a continuation into a best of 11? Or do you mean if they win the first bo5, it then goes to a 0-0 starting best of 11? What you're saying honestly isn't clear.

its mental games, you shouldn't take it seriously. it worked vs bman, and its gonna work vs ninja :D especially if goofy gets involved

I'm fine with mental games, but there's a line. Ryan and Lethul make it a point to push that line as far as possible. I just find it highly immature. Especially from a team I try to respect (Goofy and Naded, congrats you two. Very solid performances).

I want Requiem to win just for the heroic story line of beating Classic.. then Ambush.. then SQ.. then Infamous.

If Infamous wins, they'll have done the same thing, except, obviously, replace Infamous with Requiem.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He could have easily moved over to COD and had the same/probably more viewers. He's stated on multiple occasions that he stayed with Halo because he loves the game and is loyal to the franchise + he doesn't enjoy playing COD. No need to be so cynical towards the guy. He was and is a big part of the reason Halo has as many viewers as it does today.

How am I being cynical towards him? Of course he isn't going to come out and say that he is still playing halo because he gets loads of money from it lol. There is no way to tell if he would get alot of viewers on cod either so "He could have easily moved over to COD and had the same/probably more viewers" is not true at all. Also if he went to COD he would have to start all over again with gaining fans and more importantly he would have to start from scratch in actually competing in cod at tournaments. So the safest decision for him was EASILY to stay with halo. 

Dude, elaborate on what you're saying. 

Say if Req wins 3-2, is it then 3-2 with a continuation into a best of 11? Or do you mean if they win the first bo5, it then goes to a 0-0 starting best of 11? What you're saying honestly isn't clear.

If Infamous wins 3 first, tournament over. If Requiem wins 3, it continues into a best of 11.

I believe it's a best of 5. Not sure.

Since Infamous and Requiem haven't met up prior to the finals, there will be 1 best of 5 series.

If Infamous wins the series, they win the tournament.

If Requiem wins the series, it becomes a continuation best of 11 series, where they will need 3 more in order to win.

In other words, Requiem needs to win 6 games while Infamous needs to win 3.

As for Formal's twitter, it's quite pathetic actually. "I'm the best player" and all that crap.

You lost. Get over yourself. The "best overall player" ought to have a little more humility.

• Upvote (+1) 1