CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

can anyone sum it up for me what has happened so far? i've missed this weekend by being in the bahamas.

can anyone sum it up for me what has happened so far? i've missed this weekend by being in the bahamas.

Infamous beat Classic (3-2) and Ambush (3-0) to advance to Winners Finals. On the other side of the bracket, SQ beat Requiem (3-2) to advance to Winner Finals as well. BtH, Cryptic, and GMM are the other teams currently remaining in losers as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ambush advanced to the winners semis very early on Saturday, while Classic and Infamous battled it out for the other spot. After a very intense and close series, Infamous came out on top 3-2 and advanced to play Ambush.

On the other side of the bracket Requiem and BtH reached each other and were playing for a spot in the Semis, while SQ and Pure fought for the other spot.

Requiem got past BtH 3-0 relatively easily, while SQ struggled against a Pure squad that included Elamite Warrior, who was a last second pickup to replace LifeStyle who could not make it. SQ pulled it out 3-2.

In the first Semifinal game it was Ambush facing off against Infamous. Many expected a close series, but it didn't feel like a close one at all. Infamous came out on fire, beating Ambush on Dispatch Flag game 1, taking Simplex slayer, and then absolutely dominating Ambush on Station 9.

In the second Semifinal, we had Requiem taking on SQ. Most predicted Requiem to win after seeing SQ struggle with Pure, and after game 1 Dispatch flag went 5-1 in Requiem's favor, it looked like Requiem would move on. However SQ answered back by dominating on Simplex Slayer and holding off a late rally by Requiem. The next game was Station 9 Extraction, which again looked like a game Requiem would win on paper. However SQ made came out on top. Skyline CTF was game 4 and went down to the wire with Requiem pulling it out, leading to a game 5 slayer on Onyx. After a close game throughout, Requiem made a huge mistake by getting trapped bottom red, and SQ was able to pull out the win, and the series.

That sets us up for an Infamous/SQ Winners final, while Ambush, Classic, and Requiem will have to battle it out in losers.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have pretty thick skin when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm one of, if not the only, hispanic commentators in eSports so the amount of racist comments sent my way is plenty.

That's not what I care about.

What bothers is me is that I'm working this event for free. This is my job and something I take seriously. I believe in Halo as an eSport and I'm doing this event under that belief. When I am seeing "Listen In" spammed in the chat that bothers me. If that's what is wanted then I should not bother coming out to AGL events since casting is irrelevant according to the chat.

I don't want to loop in the Halo community because I love the Beyond community and still believe in Halo and eSports.

Hopefully tomorrow is better...

I don't think when they spam "listen-ins" its any disrespect to your commentating. many agree you're the most professional commentator at this event. But listen-ins is like a staple to halo events, cod events have like 95% commentating and 5% listen ins which is what you may be used to, but halo streams its 70%/30% to be honest. It's not because we don't like your commentating, its just because we're just used to regular listen-ins and we don't wanna miss the trashtalk when someone on screen is getting nasty no-scopes we know there is imminent trashtalk coming after. so it's not a shot at your commentating, but its sort of the norm to have listen-ins whenever someone is on a tear. It might seem like its a shot at you, but dont take it that way. great job so far

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ambush advanced to the winners semis very early on Saturday, while Classic and Infamous battled it out for the other spot. After a very intense and close series, Infamous came out on top 3-2 and advanced to play Ambush.

On the other side of the bracket Requiem and BtH reached each other and were playing for a spot in the Semis, while SQ and Pure fought for the other spot.

Requiem got past BtH 3-0 relatively easily, while SQ struggled against a Pure squad that included Elamite Warrior, who was a last second pickup to replace LifeStyle who could not make it. SQ pulled it out 3-2.

In the first Semifinal game it was Ambush facing off against Infamous. Many expected a close series, but it didn't feel like a close one at all. Infamous came out on fire, beating Ambush on Dispatch Flag game 1, taking Simplex slayer, and then absolutely dominating Ambush on Station 9.

In the second Semifinal, we had Requiem taking on SQ. Most predicted Requiem to win after seeing SQ struggle with Pure, and after game 1 Dispatch flag went 5-1 in Requiem's favor, it looked like Requiem would move on. However SQ answered back by dominating on Simplex Slayer and holding off a late rally by Requiem. The next game was Station 9 Extraction, which again looked like a game Requiem would win on paper. However SQ made came out on top. Skyline CTF was game 4 and went down to the wire with Requiem pulling it out, leading to a game 5 slayer on Onyx. After a close game throughout, Requiem made a huge mistake by getting trapped bottom red, and SQ was able to pull out the win, and the series.

That sets us up for an Infamous/SQ Winners final, while Ambush, Classic, and Requiem will have to battle it out in losers.

Infamous beat Classic (3-2) and Ambush (3-0) to advance to Winners Finals. On the other side of the bracket, SQ beat Requiem (3-2) to advance to Winner Finals as well. BtH, Cryptic, and GMM are the other teams currently remaining in losers as well.

Thanks guys. :) Good lookin' out!

I don't think when they spam "listen-ins" its any disrespect to your commentating. many agree you're the most professional commentator at this event. But listen-ins is like a staple to halo events, cod events have like 95% commentating and 5% listen ins which is what you may be used to, but halo streams its 70%/30% to be honest. It's not because we don't like your commentating, its just because we're just used to regular listen-ins and we don't wanna miss the trashtalk when someone on screen is getting nasty no-scopes we know there is imminent trashtalk coming after. so it's not a shot at your commentating, but its sort of the norm to have listen-ins whenever someone is on a tear. It might seem like its a shot at you, but dont take it that way. great job so far

This 100%, Halo players are like 10x better at trashtalking than cod players. And we as fans, love to hear that trashtalk. We also love to hear how they are communicating. Nothing towards you or your commentating, many agree you are a top caster.

All I kept seeing was "Wow they (The commentators) need to chill out" and "They act like they've never seen a triple before".

Yea that's stupid. I guess commentators should have a deadpan voice "Uh huh he just got a triple kill, whatever they were all one shots anyway not impressive"

I'm sure NFL commentators seen thousands of touchdowns, yet they get excited EVERYTIME.

would be nice if there was a page on this site that kept people informed of who beat who and so forth concerning the AGL event.

but thanks to the members who have provided the info anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Twitch Chat is the most immature pathetic bunch of people I've ever seen, really embarrassing.

Looking forward to today

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the g4c is not offensive. whats more offensive is the over-blown ****** comments in the chat. nothing is being pushed  on anyone. if you dont wanna listen mute the stream or turn it off. some people make big deals out of small things.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the g4c is not offensive. whats more offensive is the over-blown ****** comments in the chat. nothing is being pushed  on anyone. if you dont wanna listen mute the stream or turn it off. some people make big deals out of small things.

Well said.

Lets not have any discussion of religion going on in here thanks. If you're not a fan, just mute or delete the stream until the gaming starts again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah i muted the stream because I came for halo not religion, but I'm not going to trashtalk someone else's beliefs, I don't expect everyone to be as mature or respectful because many in halo community are just kids but i guess its something that comes with age and leaving your house to meet new people different cultures. lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

im sorry but this just stupid where i come from this is a joke sure you can ask people if they want to know about god or inform them but this is not the right environment you cant preach a religion based on fairytales on myth on a halo stream no1 went to watch agl for this bullshit i believe strongly against  religion for my own personal reasons  which im not preaching like them and i find it fucking so offensive and boils my blood take it to a church stop fucking preaching in a stream chat.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

im sorry but this just stupid where i come from this is a joke sure you can ask people if they want to know about god or inform them but this is not the right environment you cant preach a religion based on fairytales on myth on a halo stream no1 went to watch agl for this bullshit i believe strongly against  religion for my own personal reasons  which im not preaching like them and i find it fucking so offensive and boils my blood take it to a church stop fucking preaching in a stream chat.

I agree with you,--> but still the chat Smh.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

G4C has been active in the Halo community for quite some time with religious community members voluntarily attending their sermons. It is only recently that they have had it streamed which as far as I'm aware is not taking any time or resources away from the gaming side of the event (in fact through sponsorship it is actually the opposite). As stated previously in that thread it is the individuals prerogative to watch or not watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's an ad for a group that sponsored AGL8 and some of the players that are playing in it. Nobody said you had to be for what they are about. They're just helping out the community.

I turned on subscriber mode only for this, the twitch chat cant handle it.

If you dont like it, close out.  The event beings at 1pm

• Upvote (+1) 3

Brad really needs to shut up with the religious propaganda. I understand he's a devoted christian/catholic, and that's cool and all, but he should kinda keep it to himself. He has to expect people from all over the world to be watching the stream, and some of them don't share his same views. This isn't bible camp.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3