CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

Quick, everyone sign an appreciation card for Goldenboy. We don't want him pulling a TotalBiscuit.  :frankerz:

Goldenboy, you've done a fantastic job on the Halo events that you've casted this far. As cliche as it sounds, you just have to ignore the haters, especially in the Twitch chat. Those morons are the lowest form of life the Internet has to offer.

Personally, I'm very impressed at how much more knowledgeable you've become with the ins and outs of the gametypes. You especially impressed me on Skyline with some of your directional call outs on that CTF game. You've obviously been doing your homework on familiarizing yourself with these kind of little things that just make the casting 100x more engaging to listen to.

If anything, I feel like y'all might have gone to the listen-ins a bit too often, but I don't fault you at all if you were frustrated at the disrespect and lack of appreciation the casters tend to get from those ******s in chat. The excitement from the caster's voices is what gets me pumped up in those crucial moments.

So, from the true Halo community: thanks Goldenboy, Gandhi, Maven, and G-Ho-57-Amy for giving us a reason to listen and watch.

edit: and to the Halo community as well: we need to realize that Halo isn't exactly the most profitable of games to be on board with right now.  It's people like this going above and beyond trying to get us back on top of the e-sports ladder (with CoD and some of the fighters) that we should be thanking day in and day out.  So show them some love and stop trying to be professional trolls or whatever the hell you think you're accomplishing by bashing anything and everything in chat/forums.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love Goldenboy as a caster, the fact that he's doing it for free is crazy! <3

:bman:  :bman:  :bman:

First time I heard this on stream I thought someone made it for AGL

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone tell me when the stream starts tomorrow? And also who is playing first. That would be much appreciated.

I believe i heard they start at 1pm est. I'm not sure what's up first though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone tell me when the stream starts tomorrow? And also who is playing first. That would be much appreciated.

1PM EST. Probably the BtH vs. SMM if I had to guess.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe i heard they start at 1pm est. I'm not sure what's up first though.

1PM EST. Probably the BtH vs. SMM if I had to guess.

Thank you  :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

damn i missed the Ambush v. Infamous scrim.

I dont wanana be THAT guy BUT:

I knew infamous was one of the best teams going to AGL8. If you go off twitter, twitch chats, and forums posts they are just too many fanboys and haters that usually mislead people. I watched quite a lof of scrims leading up to AGL 8 and infmaous had flawless teamwork and understanding of the gametypes. They have 0 ego issues and the whole team works like a well oiled machine to obtain their objective. I guess what I am trying to say is I am not surprised infmaous won.

LOL at zero ego issues with lethul and ryanoob on that team.  Besides, Ambush had 6 days of practice and not even 6 days in a row so I'm not surprised they're not performing. I think next tourney they're gonna be back dominating.  Not counting them out of this one either.

It is funny though that Gandhi called it and said it would be a team with Ryanoob that would take down Ambush.

@GoldenboySometimes people want to hear the teams talking and trashtalking and all that, station 9 Infamous vs Ambush was hilarious, it's 100% not a reflection of your commentary it was excellent and always enjoyable but everyone also loves listen ins so I dont see why we cant have a bit of both?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel so bad for G4C and GoldenBoy. We should be thankful for G4c they are sponsoring events and FFAs and all the chat is giving is hate, they are doing a very good thing IMO. And as for Goldenboy I enjoy his casting a lot, and he is getting to know halo better so his casting is pretty great overall. The chat is really bad I wish i could slap all of them through the Internet.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have pretty thick skin when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm one of, if not the only, hispanic commentators in eSports so the amount of racist comments sent my way is plenty.

That's not what I care about.

What bothers is me is that I'm working this event for free. This is my job and something I take seriously. I believe in Halo as an eSport and I'm doing this event under that belief. When I am seeing "Listen In" spammed in the chat that bothers me. If that's what is wanted then I should not bother coming out to AGL events since casting is irrelevant according to the chat.

I don't want to loop in the Halo community because I love the Beyond community and still believe in Halo and eSports.

Hopefully tomorrow is better...

Dude honestly I just full screened my video and ignored the chat with how much they were irritating me. I'm almost NEVER a fan of listen-ins unless really tense situations, but I REALLY enjoy your commentating.

All I kept seeing was "Wow they (The commentators) need to chill out" and "They act like they've never seen a triple before". Was making me sooooo mad because I'm sitting there thinking, "He's getting everyone hyped up and excited, why is that a bad thing? I love when you get all hyped and excited, please keep it up, the people who actually enjoy your commentating just aren't typing anything because they are in full screen like me and ignoring the horrible chat trolls.

Goldenboy>

• Upvote (+1) 6

Dude honestly I just full screened my video and ignored the chat with how much they were irritating me. I'm almost NEVER a fan of listen-ins unless really tense situations, but I REALLY enjoy your commentating.

All I kept seeing was "Wow they (The commentators) need to chill out" and "They act like they've never seen a triple before". Was making me sooooo mad because I'm sitting there thinking, "He's getting everyone hyped up and excited, why is that a bad thing? I love when you get all hyped and excited, please keep it up, the people who actually enjoy your commentating just aren't typing anything because they are in full screen like me and ignoring the horrible chat trolls.

Goldenboy>

I did the same thing

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have pretty thick skin when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm one of, if not the only, hispanic commentators in eSports so the amount of racist comments sent my way is plenty.

What bothers is me is that I'm working this event for free. This is my job and something I take seriously. I believe in Halo as an eSport and I'm doing this event under that belief. When I am seeing "Listen In" spammed in the chat that bothers me. If that's what is wanted then I should not bother coming out to AGL events since casting is irrelevant according to the chat.

I don't want to loop in the Halo community because I love the Beyond community and still believe in Halo and eSports.

The chat represents a very small portion of the people actually watching. Listen ins are good in really intense games, but the casters are what really change the dynamic and make an event more exciting. Otherwise it is basically the same as watching a player stream just a little more intense because money is on the line.

You did a great job yesterday bro. I salute you for coming out and doing this free. Those guys screaming "listen ins", ignore them. Keep the same format you guys have with mixing the commentating and listen ins, it works. commentate early in the match (first 5 misn or so) then go to a listen in, come back to the commentating and close out with a listen while jumping back in if the game is really close. Also, I would suggest putting the chat in slow mode to prevent ppl from getting crazy with their comments. It will be better to keep up with (looks more professional i guess) while you commentate to see exactly what the ppl want, instead of the same 5 ppl spamming "listen" over and over.

Good luck today.

:bman:  :bman:  :bman:

First time I heard this on stream I thought someone made it for AGL

"AGL so breathtaking".   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I know most of you guys have been having sleepless nights over this...

the answer is, I have not been playing Halo at all.

P.S:

Infamous has Elmo's stamp of love. TO VICTORY!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

best part of this agl event so far is the addition of skydiving.  :bman:   But seriously, at least there were more diverse commercials, rather than the same LucyMae one EVERY single time.  Nothing wrong with looking at her, since she's so hot but the commercial sucks period.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its so crazy to think that such a sick player like Naded has never won an event. His team decisions have been questionable to say the least and he has came so close before I just think its his event and hes going to come out like a man on a mission today. Infamous FTW!!!

Infamous to win winners.

Ambush to choke against Classic or SQ

Sq to make it back to the finals

Infamous to win the event.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Caught up this morning; holy hell those were some good series. Naded / Lethul seem to be the perfect match for GNoobfy, where the excitement cycles until they become out of control.

Little disappointed in Requiems performance so far  -_-

Maybe we will see some sort of Requiem/Classic merger after this tourney? APG doesn't seem to be working out for Classic, and I'm sure Roy won't be happy with 4/5th.

Honestly I think you are one of few that can actually hold down a full game with just pure commentating. All the other casters are awesome too, its just that you've come from UMG where listen ins aren't really the in thing, so naturally you have adapted to constant informative casting and I really dig that, listen ins are shitty and can completely ruin the hype that casters build up.

" 'Epic casting'....then.....'and lets go for a listen in'...'silence'....'RING 3, GET RAPED' "

It would be cool if below the stream where they have all the links, they had a "Listen In" button, which would take us to a simple voice broadcast where you could switch between teams. A simple radio broadcast, low bandwidth, easy to set up surely?

• Upvote (+1) 3