CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

Lemme put it this way

Legit was the only one doing good in skyline flag. Requiem as a team played decent. Ninja going +15 was because he was finishing the kills he baited ace and dersky for, not a bad thing, just don't judge off of stats. When legit goes positive, it means a lot, when ninja goes positive, its supposed to happen. It is their play style, don't judge on stats people

• Upvote (+1) 7

Lemme put it this way

Legit was the only one doing good in skyline flag. Requiem as a team played decent. Ninja going +15 was because he was finishing the kills he baited ace and dersky for, not a bad thing, just don't judge off of stats. When legit goes positive, it means a lot, when ninja goes positive, its supposed to happen. It is their play style, don't judge on stats people

Agreed, Halo is a team game not a competition for individual kills. Too many  times people get caught up in stats and who is the best sniper or slayer, but  they are supposed to be more positive than the OBJ/support players if they normally have the PW's and are not playing the objective as much. Walshy and LBX were just as important in their team's success as the main slayers were.

take it in blood >>> whoever traap listens to 

Not sure if srs.  Nas is in the discussion; but you could make a legitimate case for several names as GOAT.  Even Kanye; who has dropped numerous top albums while showing that he can switch his sound considerably and still come out sounding really good.  Being the GOAT doesn't just cover lyricism or word-play.  I love Nas; but he was never able to follow up Illmatic in my eyes.

Lemme put it this way

Let me just say congrats for beating Ambush and making it to the WB Finals. Requiem as a whole just didn't click for some reason and I do agree that it means a lot when Legit puts up big numbers rather than Ninja. SQ shouldn't be a problem for you guys so just be prepared for a hot team coming out of the losers bracket, most likely being Ambush or Classic.

Not sure if srs.  Nas is in the discussion; but you could make a legitimate case for several names as GOAT.  Even Kanye; who has dropped numerous top albums while showing that he can switch his sound considerably and still come out sounding really good.  Being the GOAT doesn't just cover lyricism or word-play.  I love Nas; but he was never able to follow up Illmatic in my eyes.

Kanye? in the discussion for GOAT? LMAO. Good talk man. Good talk. Let's keep it strictly halo from now on brah.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Kanye? in the discussion for GOAT? LMAO. Good talk man. Good talk. Let's keep it strictly halo from now on brah.

Yes, he is absolutely in the discussion once you look at the complete picture.  Do you even hip-hop?

I can already picture you as a militant backpacker lolol.

You know who else is in the discussion? Andre 3000.  Ever heard of him?

STAHP

If Goldenboy is referring to the AGL chat, then I can see why he would be upset. Goldenboy is a great caster and he doesn't deserve the amount of disrespect he was getting from chat trolls. I wouldn't blame him if he just decided to stop casting for Halo. My advice to him, don't read the stream chat because 80% of the people who post are immature kids that would post anything that comes to their tiny minds.

Gosh it saddens me to see how a group of people can ruin something that can be better :(

Yes, he is absolutely in the discussion once you look at the complete picture.  Do you even hip-hop?

I think you have the definition of GOAT incorrect.  GOAT = Greatest of All Time.  While Andre 3000 and Kanye are good artists, they do not fit the definition of GOAT.  GOAT is someone who has been in the game for different generations and continued to put in the work and great albums.  

Put it this way... Ogre 2 is to Nas as Kanye is to Ninja.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who do you think I am? a 15 year old halo player that watches mtv? I live and breathe hip-hop fam. Yeezy is is nowhere close to being labeled a GOAT...do you even understand what it takes it become the greatest in anything..much less rap music? Do you realize the amount of MC's that you are putting Yeezy over if you consider him the GOAT? MC's that you probably never heard of...

lol..of course I know who Andre 3k is...again, who do you think i am? that's like asking if i know 1+1 = 2

good talk man. I'm done discussing rap in a thread made for AGL 8. Keep your opinions to yourself please, we have a completely different view on this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I troll the Twitch chats a lot, I admit. But, there are certain boundaries I will never cross while trolling which account for race, weight, and overall appearance. I am not sure on the exact reason Goldenboy is disappointed, but if it has anything to do with the racial and discriminative comments from some of the people in the chat, then the chat needs to be regulated strictly. Making fun of someone who is overweight or attacking someone based on their race is not trolling; it's bullying and discriminatory.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I troll the Twitch chats a lot, I admit. But, there are certain boundaries I will never cross while trolling which account for race, weight, and overall appearance. I am not sure on the exact reason Goldenboy is disappointed, but if it has anything to do with the racial and discriminative comments from some of the people in the chat, then the chat needs to be regulated strictly. Making fun of someone who is overweight or attacking someone based on their race is not trolling; it's bullying and discriminatory.

THIS, Envyus for mod  :kappa:

• Downvote (-1) 1

I watched the 343 stream for a bit and it blew my mind how different it was, yet it was still Halo. It all comes down to moderating, because some of these guys aren't like you...they don't have a boundary when it comes to trolling. AGL needs to let these guys know they can't get too comfortable behind a username and router. The mods are either ppl who think like these trolls (which is why they don't get banned/time outs) or they simply don't care/too lazy.

Like I said previously, I watched Evo '13 and it was so fuckin dope to see the interactions between thousands of players in the chat about the game and nothing else. There was literally no trolling, which was probably due to the EVO mods not fucking around.

So much this, in my opinion some people seem to think "I'm trolling" is an acceptable excuse to spit hateful shit at people. In all honesty the whole trolling thing has gotten way out of hand. Sure the odd off-hand comment is funny, but half the shit I read in these chats is kids who think they are funny, but aren't.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who do you think I am? a 15 year old halo player that watches mtv? I live and breathe hip-hop fam. Yeezy is is nowhere close to being labeled a GOAT...do you even understand what it takes it become the greatest in anything..much less rap music? Do you realize the amount of MC's that you are putting Yeezy over if you consider him the GOAT? MC's that you probably never heard of...

lol..of course I know who Andre 3k is...again, who do you think i am? that's like asking if i know 1+1 = 2

good talk man. I'm done discussing rap in a thread made for AGL 8. Keep your opinions to yourself please, we have a completely different view on this.

brand.gif

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Haha, best interview I have seen all of Halo 4. Lethul calling it like he sees it and talking some trash, got to love it  ^_^

Infamous is by far the most explosive team at this event, Naded and Lethul duo is reminiscent of the Legit and Naded duo in H2 on SV along with the knowledge/flanking play-style of Ryanoob and the aggressive play-style of Goofy this team is legit.

Great matches today.  Good on 343 for sending Josh Menke and another member of the DEV team to AGL 8. 

Woah, furreal? That is awesome. I hope pros are giving their suggestions for a future ranking system lol

I troll the Twitch chats a lot, I admit. But, there are certain boundaries I will never cross while trolling which account for race, weight, and overall appearance. I am not sure on the exact reason Goldenboy is disappointed, but if it has anything to do with the racial and discriminative comments from some of the people in the chat, then the chat needs to be regulated strictly. Making fun of someone who is overweight or attacking someone based on their race is not trolling; it's bullying and discriminatory.

I should be able to watch frpm a computer tomorrow so ill do what I can to keep the chat clean while I'm in there.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I think we should go with the 343 approach to twitch chat and require facebook linking to chat. If you don't want to use your real facebook surely anybody who wanted to ACTUALLY contribute to the conversation wouldn't mind making a fake profile to help reduce the amount of negativity. Sure there will still be trollolols but they'll be a lot easier to moderate if you have to facebook connect.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've literally watched the Infamous vs Ambush series about 5 times on rebroadcast. So stoked for tomorrow!