CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

Why would I call Nas overrated when he's overshadowed by Lil Wayne?

Glad you said this. Ninja is the Lil Wayne of Halo. His popularity far exceeds his skill.

Nas is the GOAT. His halo counterpart would be OG2, or better yet Pistola today because he is so technically perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

nah..they'll be back in the finals.

haha yah its my brothers anyways. Though I honestly think its top 4 or top 2. SQ won't beat them but Classic could.

Why would I call a player that's not overrated overrated? Why would I say, "I don't know what everyone sees in Dersky" when most people don't give Dersky the credit he deserves as a player in the first place? Ninja's fanbase is what puts him on the pedestal of all things Holy, and I simply stated that I don't think he's all he's cracked up to be. Why would I call Nas overrated when he's overshadowed by Lil Wayne?

What does Ninja being overrated or not have to do with his play in the series against SQ?  Did Ninja being overrated lose them that series? Because his play certainly didn't.

I'd also disagree greatly that he is overrated due to the simple fact that he has as many pure haters who think he is terrible as he has "riders" who think he's the best.  It evens out pretty equally...

I also love how it is now being implied that I love Ninja or that I'm "riding" him...LMFAO.  Another classic ridiculous response in the Ninja Debate.  If you say anything good about his play, you are a dick-rider.  Okay.  My entire premise was to argue against the ridiculously predictable posts implying that Ninja lost that series....which if you read; was the backbone of my entire argument.  The team loses, its always his fault.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Ambush makes it to the championship finals, they literally need to play in beast mode for every single game. The 3-0 hole they put themselves in is going to be difficult to climb out of, but this is Ambush we're talking about so it's very possible.

Just because I like him doesn't mean I have to automatically think he's the best player in the world like the rest of the coalition that follows him around humping his leg.

Great use of the English language.

https://twitter.com/GoldenboyFTW/status/358761008245899264

Anyone know what this is about? 

https://twitter.com/GoldenboyFTW/status/358764619382263809

I'm assuming it's because the chat was bashing him. AGL really needs better mods, the chat is terrible to look at. They were extremely disrespectful to Goldenboy. Not only that, but I was seeing racist comments, rude comments about players weight, fuckin game of throne spoilers  :( . It's just disgusting how much ppl are allowed to get away with while the stream is on. I watched Evo 2013 and the not once did I see a troll...not once. I guess it's because fighting fans are much older and more mature that it doesnt happen combined with great mods. I'm grown and it annoys me to see children posting nothing but stupidity left n right in halo chats.

Nas is the GOAT. His halo counterpart would be OG2, or better yet Pistola today because he is so technically perfect.

False.  Nas is the Zyos/Saiyan of rap.  Dominant early in his career; only to never duplicate the same success again.  Illmatic is probably the greatest rap album of all time...but lets get real; everything after that doesn't even come close.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I got GMM over BTH.

Hopefully Cryptic downloaded Ambush and can make it a close match up.

Looks like that tweet has to do something with the chat. Prob towards the G4C stuff, i feel bad for them honestly. They are sponsoring the event, teams etc, and people bashing them. People don't realize they are a huge reason why this event is came to be.

What does Ninja being overrated or not have to do with his play in the series against SQ?  Did Ninja being overrated lose them that series? Because his play certainly didn't.

I'd also disagree greatly that he is overrated due to the simple fact that he has as many pure haters who think he is terrible as he has "riders" who think he's the best.  It evens out pretty equally...

I also love how it is now being implied that I love Ninja or that I'm "riding" him...LMFAO.  Another classic ridiculous response in the Ninja Debate.  If you say anything good about his play, you are a dick-rider.  Okay.  My entire premise was to argue against the ridiculously predictable posts implying that Ninja lost that series....which if you read; was the backbone of my entire argument.  The team loses, its always his fault.

Like Akademik said, I just feel like his popularity outweighs his skill. I shouldn't compare him to Lil Wayne, because Wayne bathes in the fountains of stupidity, but him being overrated did have to do with his plays in the series, because I didn't find 4 out of the 5 to be that great yet people will still cheer his name like he personally walked up to neighbor and took a dump on his controller. Just because you don't agree with my reasoning behind it doesn't mean my reasoning's invalid in any way. Step out of your bubble and think about that for a second.

Also, Twitch trolls =/= Ninja fans/haters. They are no-lifers that pledge their existence to act like idiots in the chat with goofy names. Look at Ninja's stream numbers compared to others. I think it's safe to say he has plenty of fans. It doesn't even out in the slightest.

I still DID NOT ONCE state that it was his fault that the series was lost, which makes the whole basis of your argument moot in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 2

False.  Nas is the Zyos/Saiyan of rap.  Dominant early in his career; only to never duplicate the same success again.  Illmatic is probably the greatest rap album of all time...but lets get real; everything after that doesn't even come close.

It Was Written?

Life is Good?

Stillmatic?

God's Son?

Distant Relatives?

Untitled?

stop it, let's just stick to Halo. The only thing you said that made sense was illmatic being the GOAT album.

Yea it's chat related, they should remove the chat fom the casting booth it isn't helping anyone.

Send some love to Golden on twitter if you get a chance.

• Upvote (+1) 7

https://twitter.com/GoldenboyFTW/status/358764619382263809

I'm assuming it's because the chat was bashing him. AGL really needs better mods, the chat is terrible to look at. They were extremely disrespectful to Goldenboy. Not only that, but I was seeing racist comments, rude comments about players weight, fuckin game of throne spoilers  :( . It's just disgusting how much ppl are allowed to get away with while the stream is on. I watched Evo 2013 and the not once did I see a troll...not once. I guess it's because fighting fans are much older and more mature that it doesnt happen combined with great mods. I'm grown and it annoys me to see children posting nothing but stupidity left n right in halo chats.

If Goldenboy is referring to the AGL chat, then I can see why he would be upset. Goldenboy is a great caster and he doesn't deserve the amount of disrespect he was getting from chat trolls. I wouldn't blame him if he just decided to stop casting for Halo. My advice to him, don't read the stream chat because 80% of the people who post are immature kids that would post anything that comes to their tiny minds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Life is Good?

Stillmatic?

God's Son?

Distant Relatives?

Untitled?

stop it, let's just stick to Halo. The only thing you said that made sense was illmatic being the GOAT album.

...a bunch of albums that came nowhere near the lofty hype his first album created.

How can he be the GOAT with only one GOAT-level album?

It Was Written.

I think golden boy needs to have thicker skin. I mean who takes what people say in the chat seriously? I mean i guess ive been around jtv/twitch long enough to ignore it, which is exactly what goldenboy needs to do. He knows hes doing great, we know he is doing great. 

Sidenote: Need Moar listen ins!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Im not sure why im having a hard time with this but if you lose semi-finals in losers bracket are you top 8?

"Semi-Finals" implies that four teams are remaining. So semi finals in the losers bracket means there are four teams fighting to play the loser of the Winners Bracket. So that means if you play in the LB semi-finals, you are top 6 automatically (since two teams are still in the Winner's bracket). So Ambush and Requiem already placed top 6. Infamous and SQ are already in the money at top 3. Hope this helps!

It Was Written.

take it in blood >>> whoever traap listens to 

edit: 343 is streaming more Champions Bundle gameplay. Currently it's Koth on Virtigo

http://www.twitch.tv/343industries#

This map has a lot of potential 

dbl edit: Bravo sounds like Lunchbox in game 11  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: