CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

Why is it that every time whatever team Ninja is on loses or chokes, it is somehow brought up as his fault, regardless of how good or bad he plays?

The story of that series was really Dersky buckling under the pressure of their "grudge match" against Enable and Flame.  Dersky's fail rocket in the Extraction game single handily flipped momentum and put them down huge.  They dominated the start; got the quick arm as well as rockets.  He flanks around with rockets and has two guys top middle trying to make a desperate conversion and he kills himself trying to jump-shot a rocket through that little window.  What happens?  Instead of killing them and stopping the convert (and giving them a huge advantage for the next Extraction), they lose the top mid extraction, he hands them 3 rockets which SQ proceeds to use to dominate the very next Extraction with...and all of a sudden they are down 2-0, and I believe 3-0 eventually before they finally got one back.  Dersk really struggled the rest of the game after that choke.  Legit also got the next set of rockets that came up and gave those away too.

Ninja did not lose that series.

The team as a whole looked sloppy and frustrated, and I didn't blame the lose on Ninja, I simply said that I don't see what everyone else sees in him. I think his plays are often selfish and awkward, leaving the rest of the team in positions they really shouldn't be. Every Simplex flag game I've seen him play he'll do something that'll make you scratch your head.

LIKE I SAID, even though he had one game that people think is good, I didn't find him to play that series very well because of his decision making.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah he got 55 kills but I'm pretty sure he died the most because he would push all alone. I agree with you.

C'mon man...you can not be serious.  The stats are right there above.  He died 1 more time than Ace, 3 more times than Legit, and 6 more times than Dersky.  He also had 7 more kills than Legit, 22 more kills than Ace, and 26 more kills than Dersky.  Its called playing aggressive and dominating in a slayer role, which is what everyone ball-rides APG for all the time ("OMG he's soo good, he holds forward like a boss and destroys teams").  Ninja also had the 2nd most assists on his team in that game, so he clearly wasn't just picking off 1 shots all game long.  ~2 caps as well.

He dominated that game.  Give some credit when its due.  Ninja absolutely has flaws, he absolutely tends to choke...this wasn't one of those cases.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why is it that every time whatever team Ninja is on loses or chokes, it is somehow brought up as his fault, regardless of how good or bad he plays?

The story of that series was really Dersky buckling under the pressure of their "grudge match" against Enable and Flame.  Dersky's fail rocket in the Extraction game single handily flipped momentum and put them down huge.  They dominated the start; got the quick arm as well as rockets.  He flanks around with rockets and has two guys top middle trying to make a desperate conversion and he kills himself trying to jump-shot a rocket through that little window.  What happens?  Instead of killing them and stopping the convert (and giving them a huge advantage for the next Extraction), they lose the top mid extraction, he hands them 3 rockets which SQ proceeds to use to dominate the very next Extraction with...and all of a sudden they are down 2-0, and I believe 3-0 eventually before they finally got one back.  Dersk really struggled the rest of the game after that choke.  Legit also got the next set of rockets that came up and gave those away too.

Ninja did not lose that series.

You make valid points, but I don't see anyone here blaming the series on Ninja. People are just saying that Ninja is too hyped of a player for his own good. He's a really skilled player, his problem is that he can only play in one speed. Once he gets aggressive, he relies more on his individual skill than the assistance of his teammates to catch fire. If you out skill Ninja, you shutdown every aspect of his game in a sense. The same can be said with Legit, but Legit at least knows when to slow things down when necessary. Ninja will only be better when he learns how to play around his teammates more and stay alive longer. His decision making is also kinda suspect at this point as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

LIKE I SAID, even though he had one game that people think is good, I didn't find him to play that series very well because of his decision making.

So why did you single him out then? He also tore it up in the first Dispatch CTF game as well.

Are you trying to tell me that Dersky/Ace/Legit all played perfectly that series but were held back by Ninja's so called "awkward" plays? LMAO.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The Scrims arent really worth watching without cams and listen in...

Already stopped watching :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one cares about the guy that just lost, who cares about his stat? He lost. Salute to sQ for putting in work.

• Upvote (+1) 1

C'mon man...you can not be serious.  The stats are right there above.  He died 1 more time than Ace, 3 more times than Legit, and 6 more times than Dersky.  He also had 7 more kills than Legit, 22 more kills than Ace, and 26 more kills than Dersky.  Its called playing aggressive and dominating in a slayer role, which is what everyone ball-rides APG for all the time ("OMG he's soo good, he holds forward like a boss and destroys teams").  Ninja also had the 2nd most assists on his team in that game, so he clearly wasn't just picking off 1 shots all game long.  ~2 caps as well.

He dominated that game.  Give some credit when its due.  Ninja absolutely has flaws, he absolutely tends to choke...this wasn't one of those cases.

Yeah he did well but he pushes were not smart sometimes. There are times when you need to pull back and wait for you team. They won the match yeah but still whenever they would switch to his POV he just was too aggressive at times. The stats are there but you also have to pay attention to the gameplay man. Ninja is a great player but he still has a lot to learn before he ever wins an event.

So why did you single him out then? He also tore it up in the first Dispatch CTF game as well.

Are you trying to tell me that Dersky/Ace/Legit all played perfectly that series but were held back by Ninja's so called "awkward" plays? LMAO.

Ninjas mod? :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No one cares about the guy that just lost, who cares about his stat? He lost. Salute to sQ for putting in work.

THANKYOU!

SQ just outplayed Requiem, that is all.

• Upvote (+1) 1

THANKYOU!

SQ just outplayed Requiem, that is all.

SQ was the better team and it showed especially on that Station 9 game. They made some mistakes on Skyline but they rallied back and finished the series strong.

Clearly people care; considering that his name is the first thing out of anyone's mouth any time his team loses....just like you saw in this case.  "Requiem really should have won....Ninja blah blah, mistakes, blah blah, not good"...

He is the NadeShot of Halo.  Everyone thinks they are being cutting edge hipsters by "standing against" the popularity...regardless of what he does, its his fault.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The team as a whole looked sloppy and frustrated

I singled out Ninja because of how biased the community is towards him. He's in the spotlight. Dersky doesn't have the following of "Dersky dickriders" that Ninja does. I believe he's overrated as a player. His other three teammates are definitely not overrated. But I appreciate the attempt at putting words in my mouth.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Congrat's to Cryptic.  Not a single one of you thought they would make it this far. Nemassist, Suspector, Wintur and Tragic are really playing well.  Tomorrow the bandwagon will be full and won't be accepting any dead weight after they beat Classic.   

Cryptic is the sleeper team of AGL8.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So here is a look at the LB tomorrow. The winner of Cryptic/Classic plays Requiem. The winner of BtH/GMM plays Ambush. The winners of those then move on to the LBF (the winner of which places in the money). Of the 3 big teams in the LB, it looks like Ambush has the easiest path to at least secure a top 3 finish.

Clearly people care; considering that his name is the first thing out of anyone's mouth any time his team loses....just like you saw in this case.  "Requiem really should have won....Ninja blah blah, mistakes, blah blah, not good"...

He is the NadeShot of Halo.  Everyone thinks they are being cutting edge hipsters by "standing against" the popularity...regardless of what he does, its his fault.

TIL having a different opinion from someone makes me a "cutting edge hipster". Your fangirl is showing.

I watch Ninja's stream often, I'm subscribed to him on Youtube. I think he's a really cool guy. Just because I like him doesn't mean I have to automatically think he's the best player in the world like the rest of the coalition that follows him around humping his leg.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I singled out Ninja because of how biased the community is towards him. He's in the spotlight. Dersky doesn't have the following of "Dersky dickriders" that Ninja does. I believe he's overrated as a player. His other three teammates are definitely not overrated. But I appreciate the attempt at putting words in my mouth.

Oh, OK...so Ninja's play is judged by an entirely different set of rules....because he is a likeable player who was smart enough to work hard and market himself to a fanbase?

Thanks for proving my point.  The NadeShot syndrome, folks.

Had that been Ninja who lost that Extraction game with that rocket fail there would have been 2 pages of discussion on here about how much he sucks.  Dersky does it? Not a single post.  Meanwhile...there is a post implying that Ninja's 55-23-40 beatdown was "flawed", and "over-aggressive" on his part.  SMH.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't see anyone on here talking about the guy who just lost. Go post ya essays and pics in the chat because they are killing ya boy right now. Lmao.

You are a clear example of why ppl dislike the "guy who just lost" fans. We get it, you're a fan, which is cool...but don't go around talking about stats to try and cover the fact that he just lost. This is a 4v4 tourney, not a who can put up good numbers event. The stats were impressive...for an OT CTF game that went 20+ mins.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Oh, OK...so Ninja's play is judged by an entirely different set of rules....because he is a likeable player who was smart enough to work hard and market himself to a fanbase?

Thanks for proving my point.  The NadeShot syndrome, folks.

Had that been Ninja who lost that Extraction game with that rocket fail there would have been 2 pages of discussion on here about how much he sucks.  Dersky does it? Not a single post.  Meanwhile...there is a post implying that Ninja's 55-23-40 beatdown was "flawed", and "over-aggressive" on his part.  SMH.

Why would I call a player that's not overrated overrated? Why would I say, "I don't know what everyone sees in Dersky" when most people don't give Dersky the credit he deserves as a player in the first place? Ninja's fanbase is what puts him on the pedestal of all things Holy, and I simply stated that I don't think he's all he's cracked up to be. Why would I call Nas overrated when he's overshadowed by Lil Wayne?

• Upvote (+1) 1