CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

Disappointing. Requiem should have easily beat SQ.

I'm just not seeing what other people see in Ninja. Yeah, he dropped a massive game on Skyline but so many of his plays seem so questionable to me. His teamwork has always been kinda meh to me. I know people gave him shit in Reach for that.

Upsetting to see that pretty face of Dersk be sad though. :c

so after requiem having by far the easiest bracket they now will have to face what everyone else has been facing in losers bracket 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So now we have Classic, Requiem, and Ambush in LB, along with BtH and a couple other good AM teams.

Sunday is going to be straight up nutty.

If Requiem doesn't place top 4, I think its time for Legit to shake things up. And with Ambush and Classic in the LB, it doesn't look good.

I agree man. Requiem needs have a big day tomorrow.

If not, I would be ok with seeing Legit possibly look at his options. Although, this is only one event and the team could get better.

Requiem classic and ambush in LB

Which means someone is getting top 6, and top 4

I'm just not seeing what other people see in Ninja. Yeah, he dropped a massive game on Skyline but so many of his plays seem so questionable to me. His teamwork has always been kinda meh to me. I know people gave him shit in Reach for that.

He kept making questionable pushes. Especially on Skyline. Yeah he got 55 kills but I'm pretty sure he died the most because he would push all alone. I agree with you. I don't see what everyone sees in him. He's great skill wise just needs to be smarter during game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In other news, we have Lxthul facing off against BMan in the WBF. After what I read on these forums, I can't wait for the trash-talk lol.

Edit: And so it begins

z4hlg.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Losers bracket is a shark tank 

No, a shark tank would be tame.

This tank has sharks wielding dual chainsaws with laser beams on their heads and they're all screaming for blood in some long-forgotten tongue.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Was really hoping Req would win.

5th matches should be objective always.

SQ aint looking too hot.  LOL @ the hype over a few online scrims.

LOL @ people doubting SQ after one semi-bad series against Pure

Neighbor and Bestman proving everyone that they aren't washed up <3

Yeah not gonna be easy for any team to make it out of losers. 

My guess would be

Top 3 (not in order)

Infamous

SQ

Ambush

4.Classic

5. Requiem

6. BtH/GMM/Cryptic

LOL @ people doubting SQ after one semi-bad series against Pure

Neighbor and Bestman proving everyone that they aren't washed up <3

Neighbor is a boss. Always has been :)

Was really hoping Req would win.

5th matches should be objective always.

I disagree. They played 3 objectives and 1  slayer up to that point. If a team is that good at OBJ, they should close it out before game 5.

Think of it this way: A team that is only good at slaying has to force a game 5 just to play 2 slayer gametypes out of 5. Otherwise they only play 1. That setup favors the more coordinated teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree. They played 3 objectives and 1  slayer up to that point. If a team is that good at OBJ, they should close it out before game 5.

They dropped the ball on Station 9 big time. They looked so good on Dispatch CTF, then they look so bad the rest of the series.

Why is it that every time whatever team Ninja is on loses or chokes, it is somehow brought up as his fault, regardless of how good or bad he plays?

The story of that series was really Dersky buckling under the pressure of their "grudge match" against Enable and Flame.  Dersky's fail rocket in the Extraction game single handily flipped momentum and put them down huge.  They dominated the start; got the quick arm as well as rockets.  He flanks around with rockets and has two guys top middle trying to make a desperate conversion and he kills himself trying to jump-shot a rocket through that little window.  What happens?  Instead of killing them and stopping the convert (and giving them a huge advantage for the next Extraction), they lose the top mid extraction, he hands them 3 rockets which SQ proceeds to use to dominate the very next Extraction with...and all of a sudden they are down 2-0, and I believe 3-0 eventually before they finally got one back.  Dersk really struggled the rest of the game after that choke.  Legit also got the next set of rockets that came up and gave those away too.

Ninja did not lose that series.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Great matches today, second half was huge with great casting and interviews to fill time. Can't wait for tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know I'm late but...

DAT INFAMOUS 3-0 ON AMBUSH :D

Can not wait to see how everything plays out in the LB tomorrow. Gonna be some awesome match ups for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ambush vs. Classic

good lord this scrim may be one of the best series of the tourney

• Upvote (+1) 1