CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

I would like to see APG and Roy on the same team. I feel like those two very raw talented and aggressive players would be great together. After this tournament, I don't see Classic really making a change. They all had pretty good tournaments with their moments of greatness. I think that sQ and Warriors doing some kind of combination could be good. Enable/sQ is in the same position they were in when their line was Enable, Ace, Flame, and Assault in Reach. Enable has most of the slaying responsibility on his shoulders and needs it to be better distributed. Ace and Dersky are both good players, but I think bringing in more fire power could be great. Maybe getting two guys from BtH like Cloud and Lethul or maybe even Legit and APG from Warriors. I think the combo of Enable, Legit, and APG could possibly keep up the slaying power with Ambush.

:gandhi:  :ghost:  << These two guys came in and slayed the dragon that was  :walshy: Final Boss... who is to say they cant do it again? You guys have to come back.... you are the heroes the halo community needs right now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:gandhi:   :ghost:  << These two guys came in and slayed the dragon that was   :walshy: Final Boss... who is to say they cant do it again? You guys have to come back.... you are the heroes the halo community needs right now.

What about Carbon Industries.  :kappa:

:gandhi:  :ghost:  :bravo:  :quinn: with Coach  :maven:  and Hype Man  :unclesudd:

Winning squadron right there. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't think any lineup can beat Ambush in-game right now, doesn't matter what changes happen. So, what needs to happen is a girl needs to get thrown into the mix to break them up!

Classic can only get stronger, I hope they don't change anyone. Roy proved over the weekend he can still hang in terms of skill, the more familiar he gets with the current meta the more he's able to contribute - there's a reason he's been on two winning teams that have completely turned the game on its head.

Given the settings stay the same it'll be an uphill battle for all teams as Ambush has all the cards right now. On paper they're one of the most dominant teams we've seen in recent years.

The ambush reign (pun intended) will be more dominant than FB barring no major roster switches/a mass influx of former pros. You see how effective roy was against Warriors? 3-0'd by ambush, then 3-0'd in continuation last game shouldn't even be considered halo, more like a massacre. Rosters need to super-combine if Ambush is going down. Mikwen, Chig, Enable, Legit for example: A team of great shots, heavy on slaying but with players who have experience picking up objective slack (Legit, chig and mikwen) in the past. May not be the best team example but suits my point that we need super rosters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think any lineup can beat Ambush in-game right now, doesn't matter what changes happen. So, what needs to happen is a girl needs to get thrown into the mix to break them up!

Im pretty sure that has already been done haha. Didnt happen. Or was that all before they teamed, not sure.

Pulse Classic to dethrown Reign Ambush at AGL 8 Knoxville, but it'll be close

MiKWeN > Ninja

Also I want to bring this up. Goofy and Ninja were playing Halo 3 six days before this tournament and barely touched  halo 4 until the night when warriors got on. You would think they would want to be on halo 4 playing and scrimming together and not playing halo 3 which is 100% diff game.

Warriors needs to drop someone or something. To be honest when roy and classic get more than 10 days of practice in they will steamroll through warriors. Especially if this roster is still together by AGL9 or the next UMG

Okay but if they drop Goofy and get someone that isn't going to take them over the top to contend with Ambush. If they are going for 2nd places then yeah do that. If you want to beat Ambush, they need to combine powers with Classic. My suggestion would be Ninja apG Mikwin Roy. That is a deadly squad. 

And Ninja might have made some dumb plays on that Dispatch game, but he also got 41 kills. They probably weren't going to win anyways if he decided to not drop down with that flag and run it around the outside. 

Replace APG with Legit. Legit seems to be in fine form, and he is more of a selfless player when it comes to making objective plays. 

Plus Legit has great chemistry with Ninja, while APG does not seem to gel well with Warriors right now.

So, I think this roster could beat Ambush:

- Legit

- Roy

- Mikwen

- Ninja

just because the chemistry would already be in place between Ninja and Mikwen and Ninja and Legit.

The ambush reign (pun intended) will be more dominant than FB barring no major roster switches/a mass influx of former pros. You see how effective roy was against Warriors? 3-0'd by ambush, then 3-0'd in continuation last game shouldn't even be considered halo, more like a massacre. Rosters need to super-combine if Ambush is going down. Mikwen, Chig, Enable, Legit for example: A team of great shots, heavy on slaying but with players who have experience picking up objective slack (Legit, chig and mikwen) in the past. May not be the best team example but suits my point that we need super rosters.

Super-combine, hey?  :ghost:

On topic, though, I completely agree. What do think about this roster (purely hypothetical): Ninja, Legit, Mikwen, Roy. I think the selling point for that is that they would have good chemistry together, and Ninja could become their more objective minded player.

Can't wait to see everyone at AGL8. Look out for our team. Also we need scrims. :3

Cynical: LittleKountry, Stillmatic, Snakes Soltice, Simply Saintly

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also; Mackeo, Weapon, Reighn are a to3 and will attend as "The agency".

Hopefully the comeback trend keeps rolling.

i think i shed a tear of joy. God i have missed the agency.

I 100% disagree with you. More competition in the Final Boss Era, Halo 2/h3. Ambush is sick dont get me wrong, easily the best team out there but not the same situation as Final Boss. There was so much more competition out there back in the day. Today there is maybe 3/4 TOP teams that can compete. The rest are just at the tournament. I mean look at "reality check" wasnt there best placing at a halo 3 event like 28th? Now they are getting top 8 consistently because.... there is no one else. Ambush is good but not Final Boss/Instinct Dynasty wise.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I feel like ambush is beatable but no current squad is going to beat them. There are group of players that can contest them but the pros are too much of friends to make a team change (or make the right team change).

Until these pros put their friendships aside, and do the right thing, everyone will be playing for 2nd

• Upvote (+1) 1

I 100% disagree with you. More competition in the Final Boss Era, Halo 2/h3. Ambush is sick dont get me wrong, easily the best team out there but not the same situation as Final Boss. There was so much more competition out there back in the day. Today there is maybe 3/4 TOP teams that can compete. The rest are just at the tournament. I mean look at "reality check" wasnt there best placing at a halo 3 event like 28th? Now they are getting top 8 consistently because.... there is no one else. Ambush is good but not Final Boss/Instinct Dynasty wise.

4 Events in a row. Enough said, and no one even came close at UMG. How is this not final boss-esque? most likely a 5th on the way. Keep in mind i said will be, not currently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

4 Events in a row. Enough said, and no one even came close at UMG. How is this not final boss-esque? most likely a 5th on the way. Keep in mind i said will be, not currently.

yes that is all good but your missing my point... They have won 4 events in a row because there is no other top teams? There has really only been warriors at all 4 tournaments, but other than that who is their? During the final boss days there were so many good teams. Im saying that in the FB days they had to actually play each round bc there were A LOT of skilled teams out there. Ambush really only have to get up and get ready for winners finals and grand finals. It is a lot harder to win a tournament when your team is tested early and often throughout the course of the whole tournament IMO. I specifically remember an FB run through the losers bracket right back to the finals in an early h3 tournament. im saying Ambush is good but there is no other teams out there. Not like there was back in the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yes that is all good but your missing my point... They have won 4 events in a row because there is no other top teams? There has really only been warriors at all 4 tournaments, but other than that who is their? During the final boss days there were so many good teams. Im saying that in the FB days they had to actually play each round bc there were A LOT of skilled teams out there. Ambush really only have to get up and get ready for winners finals and grand finals. It is a lot harder to win a tournament when your team is tested early and often throughout the course of the whole tournament IMO. I specifically remember an FB run through the losers bracket right back to the finals in an early h3 tournament. im saying Ambush is good but there is no other teams out there. Not like there was back in the day.

What so because competition may not be as stiff there can't be dynasties? that's just foolish. Dodgeball competition might be hard to come by these days but i'm fairly certain the patches o-houlihan dynasty is dead and in the past. Murder miners is a small community but the silly goose montage dynasty is FIERCE!!! trying to take away from what ambush has accomplished because of something they can't control is just rude...Wins are wins, Championships = Dynasties. Ambush is 4 in a row likely fifth. That is dynasty and they will win more events as a team than FB. end of story.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What so because competition may not be as stiff there can't be dynasties? that's just foolish. Dodgeball competition might be hard to come by these days but i'm fairly certain the patches o-houlihan dynasty is dead and in the past. Murder miners is a small community but the silly goose montage dynasty is FIERCE!!! trying to take away from what ambush has accomplished because of something they can't control is just rude...Wins are wins, Championships = Dynasties. Ambush is 4 in a row likely fifth. That is dynasty and they will win more events as a team than FB. end of story.

I understand that they are winning and they cant control how much competition there is. You originally said Final Boss-esque and thats what I was disagreeing with. different scenario completely, do I still think they are a dynasty? Absolutely. Go check out the thread I started about all time teams/players. I am just disputing that they are final boss-esque bc there isnt much competition. FB dominated with tons of competition and thats why they were so great. Ambush is nasty because they have 4 players out of the top 6 that are left playing. They may win more events than Final Boss but they wont get more money.... FB won a ridiculous amount of money when MLG had money to give lol. They still can be a dynasty bc I think they are, but I was disputing your original claim that they were final boss like. Different situation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

what does the 4-peat by Ambush say about the competitive merit of Halo 4?

i mean we did not have any 4-peat in halo reach right? i think instinct one 3 in a row, max right?

and in halo 3 it took a while for teams to start placing consistently

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand that they are winning and they cant control how much competition there is. You originally said Final Boss-esque and thats what I was disagreeing with. different scenario completely, do I still think they are a dynasty? Absolutely. Go check out the thread I started about all time teams/players. I am just disputing that they are final boss-esque bc there isnt much competition. FB dominated with tons of competition and thats why they were so great. Ambush is nasty because they have 4 players out of the top 6 that are left playing. They may win more events than Final Boss but they wont get more money.... FB won a ridiculous amount of money when MLG had money to give lol. They still can be a dynasty bc I think they are, but I was disputing your original claim that they were final boss like. Different situation.

It is final boss-esque as far as team composition goes and dominance goes.... Ogre 2 inhuman slayer demon? Stongside BEAST, walshy the CPT. CLUTCH, Ogre 1 most mechanically gifted player on the circuit? Final boss was the definition of slaying power and that's how they were so good and won so much. Literally boasted the two best slayers in the entire circuit much like Ambush does right now. Did you actually follow pro h2? Watching Ambush slay is very much like watching Final boss play. Insane Brs, insane sniping, overwhelming consistency.... You keep making all these unrelated points like bringing up the 08 meadowlands h3 tourney or how much money they make. So because college basketball players don't make money UNC in the early 80's can't be considered a dynasty? what about the wooden era at UCLA??? not a dynasty because they didn't win any money? your points make no sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did anyone just see Formal's tweet saying that he is talking to aPG about teaming? Now that can stir things up big time.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Oh dear... Ambush is beatable, IMO. It all depends on the team changes. Legendary took a game from them, as did Warriors.

Consequently, I honestly think that the best way to beat Ambush is to give them something they've never seen before (Legendary), or play a super-aggressive, fast-paced game (Warriors). Given that you can only surprise them so long, I think the second approach is the more effective of the two.

To beat Ambush, you need a team of 4 top 15 players, preferably top 5-10 full of objective able slayers, that will have that aggressive playstyle that challenges Ambush's comfort zone. This is why I think an updated Warriors roster has the potential to beat Ambush.

My ultimate team for beating Ambush would be Ninja, Mikwen, (APG or Legit), Roy. Before the return of Roy, I would have just said Ninja, Mikwen, APG, Legit, but given recent events, you have to put Roy in there. Taking into consideration that Classic and Warriors aren't going to be going half and half on this, my only real solution is for Warriors to drop Goofy for possibly Lethul or someone else of that caliber. Even with that team, though, I do recognize that they would have to be playing out of their minds in order to take the win.

Yes, I'm a warriors fan, so feel free to call bias, but this is just how I see it.

• Upvote (+1) 1