CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

Not until he gets some event wins will he be anywhere near those players. He is pretty good, but not that good. 

...How on earth can you say that lack of event wins hurts his skill level?

His EXPERIENCE level, maybe, yeah.

But keep in mind, we are talking about H4. None of these 5 players have any event wins.

Calm is with SickStory.

The best FA out there is Nemassist. He has managed 3 straight 5/6th placements while playing with average talent. Heck, Nemassist was on Pure in Nashville when they won two series from Status Quo with ( Flamesword, Snakebite, Enable, APG) and went + 19.  I have no clue how a kid with the talent he has gets consistently overlooked.  He is without a doubt on the level of Cloud, Dersky, Ace, Neighbor. 

Honestly are you nemassist's best friend or something? Every post you make is how he should be on a better team or how he is better than someone else. Then when he was on cP, on how well they going to do? No offense, I can't take your posts seriously because that is all you post about!

Understand the guy has potential, but maybe there is a reason he is not on anybody else's radar.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I saw this split happening with how Warriors was performing at events. It will be interesting to see who these players team up with.

Not until he gets some event wins will he be anywhere near those players. He is pretty good, but not that good. 

Disagree, his talent level on H4 is at best on par with those I've mentioned. None of the kids I mentioned have wins either, in fact Nemassist has had better placing's than Neighbor or Cloud. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Honestly are you nemassist's best friend or something? Every post you make is how he should be on a better team or how he is better than someone else. Then when he was on cP, on how well they going to do? No offense, I can't take your posts seriously because that is all you post about!

Understand the guy has potential, but maybe there is a reason he is not on anybody else's radar.

I know him, and I am a fan.  shoot me.  IMO the reason he is not on "anyone's radar" is due to the fact he is not part of the buddy system.  Not a single one of the guys. Ninja, Legit, Ryannoob, Goofy, Dersky, Ace, will take a shot at someone they don't know personally but will continue to regurgitate the same kids on different teams.  I really do not think they are interested in winning, it's more about keeping friends. 

They are not going to win with moving the same pieces around the same board. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

...How on earth can you say that lack of event wins hurts his skill level?

His EXPERIENCE level, maybe, yeah.

But keep in mind, we are talking about H4. None of these 5 players have any event wins.

Not saying he is not skilled, but hes not proven yet. You cant say hes on the level of those pro players when he hasnt proven himself yet

And if we are just speaking h4 then maybe you can make that comparison, but in general just talking all of halo, those players are more skilled than nemmy.

I know him, and I am a fan.  shoot me.  IMO the reason he is not on "anyone's radar" is due to the fact he is not part of the buddy system.  Not a single one of the guys. Ninja, Legit, Ryannoob, Goofy, Dersky, Ace, will take a shot at someone they don't know personally but will continue to regurgitate the same kids on different teams.  I really do not think they are interested in winning, it's more about keeping friends. 

They are not going to win with moving the same pieces around the same board. 

Alright no problem. just wanted to clear the air. i guess that is something he should work on than. being at events is not only about placing well, it is also a social event, and getting to know people etc. He should put his foot in the door, and create some opportunities for himself

We

I know the new status quo was formed, but would: Flamesword, Enable, Legit, Ninja work better?

Well, the "new" SQ isn't really new. They have teamed before and were solid. Way less of a risk for them to go with Royal 2 and SBite, than to pick up 2 new players they haven't teamed with in the hope things work out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know the new status quo was formed, but would: Flamesword, Enable, Legit, Ninja work better?

No. Flamesword and Ninja don't really get along, plus there would be too much leadership conflict.

Best team I can think of is Ninja, Legit, Cloud, +1 (Mikwen said Naded and Ninja don't get along either, but I still have hope :rolleyes:)

• Downvote (-1) 1

Disagree, his talent level on H4 is at best on par with those I've mentioned. None of the kids I mentioned have wins either, in fact Nemassist has had better placing's than Neighbor or Cloud. 

Just talking h4 yes he is very skilled but i still wouldnt agree he is on the level of those players until i see some very good success. i just cant say that yet. 

People have been suggesting that Lethul could go to the Ninja/Legit To2, but he's too negative on their communication. Also, if they pick up Cloud, I think he said he never wants to team with Lethul again (might have been Lethul trololos though :maven: ).

Not saying he is not skilled, but hes not proven yet. You cant say hes on the level of those pro players when he hasnt proven himself yet

And if we are just speaking h4 then maybe you can make that comparison, but in general just talking all of halo, those players are more skilled than nemmy.

Why wouldn't we be talking H4? This is a thread about H4 teams.

So, yes, I can say he is on the level of "those pro players" because he has proven himself just as much as they have (excepting Dersky and Ace, who have t4 finishes). In H4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, yes, I can say he is on the level of "those pro players" because he has proven himself just as much as they have (excepting Dersky and Ace, who have t4 finishes). In H4.

You have to take past experience into consideration when talking about team pickups. Cloud was the first Halo player ever to win 3 tournaments back to back to back (in H3), and he has an insane shot. He has experience winning, and he is an insane slayer that has proven himself throughout his entire time in Halo.

Contrast that to NemAssist. He's been top 5/6 in tournaments in a game that has been slowly getting refined to the better competitive settings, and hasn't proven himself as standing out on these mediocre top teams. Cloud has been crippled by being on a team that hasn't been very good competitively or chemistry-wise. NemAssist seems to have good chemistry with his team, and they've been placing well because of that.

Bottom line, Ninja/Legit have to be thinking:

Cloud > Naded > Dersky > (T2?) > Lethul > NemAssist

Cloud has been crippled by being on a team that hasn't been very good competitively or chemistry-wise. NemAssist seems to have good chemistry with his team, and they've been placing well because of that.

Cloud > Naded > Dersky > (T2?) > Lethul > NemAssist

The last thing Warriors need is bad team chemistry. Cloud, according to you, and naded, according to Mikwen, will just add to Ninja's inherent drama.

With that being said, I would like to see: Legit, Ninja, Dersky, Lethul

Sorry i still dont agree, but i understand that that is your opinion. 

The last thing Warriors need is bad team chemistry. Cloud, according to you, and naded, according to Mikwen, will just add to Ninja's inherent drama.

With that being said, I would like to see: Legit, Ninja, Dersky, Lethul

Because a guy who constantly trolls wouldn't mean drama *eye roll* dersky didn't even look that great at UMG why is everyone riding him?

I thought a good team would of been ninja legit naded and elamite, but with naded and ninja apparently not working out this doesnt seem plausible

Cloud and Ninja seem to get along fine outside of the game. That doesn't mean they will get along inside the game, but who knows. They live near each other so they can travel together as well as LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wut

I simply try to never put myself in 1v1 battles, but when I do, I win 50% of them at least.

I try to never pick up sniper, but when I do, see dispatch vs ambush :/

I have always felt no need to put myself in a position to which I have to fight or die

Ryan, what would you estimate your win % in 1v1 br battles vs the top 4 teams? Realisticly.

My second question is, what do you feel is the weakest part of your game.

Your BR and sniper are the only things holding you back from being a top 5 player. I, personally, think your (1 of,if not) the best in the world in other catagories. Communication, positioning, movment, awareness,timing, overall strategy. If your br/snipe was on par with your other skills, you would be the best in the world.

So I dont mean any disrespect or anything like that, I'm just saying your BR/Snipe is a notch below the other parts of your game.I have watched you alot, I honestly don't see how you can disagree.

Because a guy who constantly trolls wouldn't mean drama *eye roll* dersky didn't even look that great at UMG why is everyone riding him?

Dersky has a lot of experience with recent events and H4 in general, and is a free agent.. Maybe he isn't the ideal player, but neither was APG with his frantic gameplay. It is all about chemistry once you have a decently solid team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Blaze Calm Reliable Elitest is now a To4.

This feels like a game of musical chairs. There are still FAs out there, but when the music stops playing, suddenly all of them will be teamed up and some of these incomplete teams are going to be left without any good options.

• Upvote (+1) 2