CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

I removed it because things like that should not be spread around the community.

Hopefully you understand.

fair enough, whatever happens on twitter stays on twitter.  :goldenboy:

Goldenboy if you read this. I wish halo was HUGE and ran HUGE events so the casters can get paid, You and the others deserve it. One day we will get there...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Cable went out during the second series of Infamous & Requiem, just watched the Simplex CTF match. My god Dersky was doing some nasty stuff with those flag runs. Easily one of the Top 5 games for Halo in recent memory (along with that Onyx TS w/ SQ/Requiem from Saturday night). Hell of a event for AGL, 8k may not seem big for other communities but it's progress for us. Glad to see some progress and the events get better and better for spectators and competitors.

ps: Will make AGL9 thread in the morning.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Cable went out during the second series of Infamous & Requiem, just watched the Simplex CTF match. My god Dersky was doing some nasty stuff with those flag runs. Easily one of the Top 5 games for Halo in recent memory (along with that Onyx TS w/ SQ/Requiem from Saturday night). Hell of a event for AGL, 8k may not seem big for other communities but it's progress for us. Glad to see some progress and the events get better and better for spectators and competitors.

ps: Will make AGL9 thread in the morning.

l8! Joking, I probably watched that game on rebroadcast about 3 times haha :)

I cast Halo because I love it. I would like to see the hard work of Ghost, Maven, and Gandhi pay off.

We better see you hop in for a few games at FPS-Fest :goldenboy:

I cast Halo because I love it. I would like to see the hard work of Ghost, Maven, and Gandhi pay off.

Hope to see you at future events! You did great this weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 2

wow...

tumblr_mempfmto8l1rgx7ico1_400.gif

it's good to have someone with this mentality around...

• Upvote (+1) 7

Amazing event. That last Simplex flag game had me screaming.

I think my only criticism would be to make the streaming screen a tad bigger. I know I can full screen it, but I do like reading the chat sometimes especially when there's a big play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

but I do like reading the chat sometimes especially when there's a big play.

A twitch chat is the gutter of the Internet

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pretty sure Roy, Ninja and Chig all can't go to this next event.  It's only a 32 team bracket as well.  It won't be nearly as exciting as this one unfortunately.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Congrats to Requiem, well deserved win. Ninja finally accomplished what he wanted was winning a tournament again, and defeating talented teams. Great job.

I just had voodoo tell me, so I kind of cheated that way lol

I got you bro haha...too much drama that seems to go on with the gamers and the girls.

On Topic: Great event from when I was able to watch, I actually really liked the layout, reminded me of the 06 days.

Best Halo 4 event yet. It took 8 months, but people are finally starting to catch up to Ambush - it's really nice to know that future events shouldn't just be teams playing for 2nd any more.

And, as strange as this sounds I think Adrift is growing on me a bit. I still think it could be improved a little but teams seem to be working it out a little better now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Btw, can't seem to find it, but what were the results in the AM FFA, saw some names I recognized, and just curious

Best Halo 4 event yet. It took 8 months, but people are finally starting to catch up to Ambush - it's really nice to know that future events shouldn't just be teams playing for 2nd any more.

And, as strange as this sounds I think Adrift is growing on me a bit. I still think it could be improved a little but teams seem to be working it out a little better now.

Yah me too, I think people dislike it because it's a very hard gametype. Your communication has to be flawless.

Did not search to see if this has been discussed, but I feel bad for Cryptic.  From what I heard the Classic - Cryptic series was tied 1-1 when 10 seconds into game 3 Suspector lost sprint capabilities and ended the game before any kills happened.  Sucks that he was not familiar enough with the rules, and Cryptic got DQ'd.  Not sure if Cryptic asked Classic to replay the game and they refused or if the referee said no they can't replay it regardless. 

Had Suspector just stood up and started yelling that something was wrong, would the referee had stopped the game?  That was a big turning point in that series, allowing Classic to go up 2-1 and leaving Cryptic pissed off losing the next game and the series 3-1.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did not search to see if this has been discussed, but I feel bad for Cryptic.  From what I heard the Classic - Cryptic series was tied 1-1 when 10 seconds into game 3 Suspector lost sprint capabilities and ended the game before any kills happened.  Sucks that he was not familiar enough with the rules, and Cryptic got DQ'd.  Not sure if Cryptic asked Classic to replay the game and they refused or if the referee said no they can't replay it regardless. 

Had Suspector just stood up and started yelling that something was wrong, would the referee had stopped the game?  That was a big turning point in that series, allowing Classic to go up 2-1 and leaving Cryptic pissed off losing the next game and the series 3-1.

It could have definitely had an effect on the series... Fact is, Cryptic mad a mistake. They should have made the ref aware before ending the game.

Incredible event! Very exciting. So many of the players stepped up and did well. Requiem as a whole surprised the hell out of me. They gelled so well. Every one of them played like an MVP in my opinion. Goofy shut up some critics too. Naded played well for his first event too. I think Ambush and Classic didn't play up to their potential. I hope they stick it out and practice more. I hope this next event that not everyone can attend shakes things up too much overall.

Yeah, I am hoping AGL9 doesn't shake up the teams that have members who can't attend. I wonder if Classic will go without Chig and pick up a 4th. Same goes for Requiem with Ninja not being able to attend. I could see both teams picking up an "Am" player for the event and trying to go though. Maybe a player like Spartan on Requiem and a player like Absolutely on Classic?

So does any one know what happened to APG? With the busted lip and everything

Pretty sure he just fell and busted his lip, Formal then took advantage of the situation and acted like he did it on Twitter. Snipedown tweeted afterwards that APG had terrible balance, so looks to me like he fell.

Pretty sure he just fell and busted his lip, Formal then took advantage of the situation and acted like he did it on Twitter. Snipedown tweeted afterwards that APG had terrible balance, so looks to me like he fell.

There was a picture afterward where Formal stated that they "made up", too. Lol. These guys are goofy.

Considering the atmosphere and Sudd2 sippin' on Smirnoff Ices, I think it's safe to say that someone may have went a little overboard with the celebrations.

Great event, was excited to see the old ones come back to the top (Neighbor, Bestman, Naded). I wish Neighbor would be more involved in the community!