CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

For the record

By this standard, Ninja is a Halo 4 kid.

tumblr_mkqgxpmAkp1s6j8veo1_400.gif

I was not saying Ninja was a Halo 4 kid. I was pointing out the flawed logic in saying dersky is a Reach kid. Bad standard to judge on.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't get it what you're trying to say? Are you saying that Ryanoob and Dersk are new players? They've been competing for a while now and people accept them as top players. I haven't seena new names(since the release of Halo 4) consisntly place top 6. We can't embrace them if they aren't there.

I think what they are saying is that players usually come up from the games before. A lot of the top H3 players were players who were getting close to making it in H2 with a few exceptions. A lot of Reach top players were players that were close to making it in H3. Its a process. Very rarely does a player come from no where and stay in the top 8 much less top 4.

I got what you were saying Synner...it made perfect sense. If you want to go by avg. placing like traap did for dersky then ninja would be a h4 kid. However, that is not the case because Ninja competed a lot in Reach, especially against the top pro's...like Dersky did in H3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

By this standard, Ninja is a Halo 4 kid.

Yes and No.  Skill wise; Ninja was clearly a top individual player in Reach...unfortunately the mental aspect wasn't there for him and he kept teaming with guys like T2 and Walshy, which is ironic to this discussion as those are two clear-cut examples of players who were waaaay past their prime and completely out of the game skill wise.

So yes, while you are correct that Ninja's placings are clearly better in H4, the comparison still doesn't work for me.  All throughout Reach people were waiting for Ninja to finally play up to his ability.  I dont think the same applies to Dersky in H3.

I was away and I got back and read through all pages since 84. From pages 84-92 its just people talking about how bad Ninja is and what players will be dropped by Requiem. Its kind of funny.

just when i post ninja has never won a real event he goes and does!!!

congrats to Requiem.

Naded still has never won an event. too sad to see

Naded will be a main-stay in this game now, glad to see Brett back because he truly is an awesome guy and hes so fun to watch because of his big play ability, great talent level and stream  ^_^ He comes off as just as an average Halo player, hell just randomly search Rumble Pit and start talking to randoms who know him lol. Love that guy.

I dont think Infamous will make any team changes. they had one or two big plays go wrong for them and they had that series. Just did not execute as well as Requiem down the stretch, that Adrift flag game comes to mind. I HOPE teams dont change much any-ways this game is starting to get some good rivalries and dare I say it hit its stride.

I was away and I got back and read through all pages since 84. From pages 84-92 its just people talking about how bad Ninja is and what players will be dropped by Requiem. Its kind of funny.

Its amazing what can change in less than 24 hours. I'm sort of guilty of it myself. After their loss to SQ last night, I posted that if Requiem doesn't place top 4, they should shake things up. I think I also suggested that perhaps SQ and Requiem merge to have Legit and Enable on the same team. Last night I thought there was NO WAY Requiem would beat Classic, Ambush, and SQ (while starting down a game) and then win two straight 5 game series against Infamous. They literally had to win 5 straight series against the consensus top 4 teams (other than themselves) in Halo 4. Its really unbelievable.

• Upvote (+1) 4

No team will make team changes. They all (Ambush excluded) played on just about top form. Ambush won't change because they have too good of a thing going.

No team will make team changes. They all (Ambush excluded) played on just about top form. Ambush won't change because they have too good of a thing going.

They have basically the top 4 players in the game, no way they make a team change. This tourney just reminded us that practice is very important, no matter how good you are.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Congrats to Dersky, that award was well deserved. I'll never forget when he soared off P3 to kill me and two other guys on my team before his feet touched the ground. Salute....fuckin warrior

Does AGL release individual player stats? Their website has a stats page, but it seems to be missing the last few events.  

Can we all agree that Adrift and Skyline Flag are awful?

Skyline is a good map that will flourish more if sprint is removed. Adrift, Dispatch and Station 9 all need to be burned in a fire.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No

Agreed.

Skyline is a little messed up because of the standoffs, but other than that both are great... Especially at elite level.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea, way too many people are gullible in this community lol.

The trolling is entertaining, though. The pic probably convinced some people, but Formal and Apg are friends so I'd like to know what really happened haha

The trolling is entertaining, though. The pic probably convinced some people, but Formal and Apg are friends so I'd like to know what really happened haha

aPG was really drunk though...(picture posted before) 

I want a video...

APG may have ran his mouth, video or I dont believe it.

Can anyone please post a Top 8?

#1 Requiem 

#2 Infamous

#3 Status Quo

#4 Ambush

#5/6 Classic

#5/6 Gimme My Money

#7/8 Believe The Hype

#7/8 Cryptic

• Upvote (+1) 1