CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

Dersky wins the MVP award and Ace wins the AGL caster's choice award. Congratulations to both of them. People will keep a close eye on them from now on and Ace proved his importance to a team from what he said on these forums.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That doesn't make sense. So new players are only the ones that aren't embraced by community? the community attitude towards players dont affect when they entered the competitive scene haha In relation to the entire halo franchise (halo 1 was over 10 years ago) they are very new. 

Yeah, this is a community that condemns you if you never played CE or H2. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's not matchmaking's fault (well not anymore). The current matchmaking does have rankings (CSR), but not enough people play for anyone to consistently get matched up with similar ranks. It's either wait an hour for a game, or get matched up with whoever is searching (AKA teams of 4s).

It's not matchmaking's fault (well not anymore). The current matchmaking does have rankings (CSR), but not enough people play for anyone to consistently get matched up with similar ranks. It's either wait an hour for a game, or get matched up with whoever is searching (AKA teams of 4s).

Oh I assure you matchmaking is the problem. We have 1 competitive playlist out of 13; that's a problem.

and the CSR is a fail

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with both awards. Overall the team was amazing but the two new additions to Requiem really shined today.

Every single member of Requiem shined today. They all made clutch plays and just did everything the way they were supposed to. It was a fantastic tournament, and honestly just really impressive.

Every single member of Requiem shined today. They all made clutch plays and just did everything the way they were supposed to. It was a fantastic tournament, and honestly just really impressive.

My favorite moment of the evening was when Gandhi screamed: "AND LEGIT SAYS NO!!!" on Haven extraction versus Infamous. Amazing casting :D

...and in the Grand Finals that you just witnessed; only Legit, Naded, and Ace can be considered "old-Halo" players.  That is 3 of 8 players.  Dersky, Goofy, and RyaNoob had some ~Top 8 success late in H3, but definitely didn't start hitting their stride until Reach.  Ninja and Lethul were total Reach Kids.

Halo has always always been dominated by the "Veterans" dating all the way back to H2, again dominated by the top talent in H1. Halo 3 was also dominated by the top talent in Halo 2 outside of Snipedown with Str8 maybe. HR was dominated by the best Halo 2 and Halo 3 players, and Halo 4 is the same way. Veterans just always dominate Halo it seems outside of freak occurrences, I cannot think of any AM team becoming top pros in the next game. Its just notoriously hard to break into Halo's upper ranks I like it that way because I love to see these players progress and grow over their careers.

They could have given those awards to any player on Requiem and it would have been a good choice haha. Every one of them went clutch at different moments. Pretty awesome to see.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What an awesome event to watch! I think I had chills for like and hour and thirty minutes straight watching loser finals then the back-to-back best of fives Championship. Huge shoutout to AGL for never giving up on Halo. They have stuck it out and kept their nose to the grindstone and we are all beginning to see the fruits of their labor.

Hats of to you guys and all involved in making AGL possible. From Brad and the casters, G Ho 57, and to 343i and all the competitors. I'm really starting to get exited for Halo's future again. As well as it's present!!!

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yeah, this is a community that condemns you if you never played CE or H2.

Except that's not what's happening and i wasn't saying that. I start watching Halo competively during H3.

I'm not too sure what he's saying to be honest, but i'm say the guys who placed top 6 at this tournament aren't considered "new" players anymore. How could they be considered new if they have been competing for a while now? And they are Ninja fans, Dersky fans, etc. Sooooo i don't get it.

This was one of the best AGL's I have ever watched. Speechless. Spectacular.

Ninja gave me a huge boner.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

As someone who competed this weekend, I must say that this event, was ran so smooth and probably one of the best tournaments yet. All the upsets, and now that Halo is bringing back more viewers, I hate to bandwagon but #HaloWillEVENTUALLYComeBack

Also I was the guy who made the field goal kick sign during the wedding proposal. Must say it was totally unexpected.

who proposed to who? haha

just when i post ninja has never won a real event he goes and does!!!

congrats to Requiem.

Naded still has never won an event. too sad to see

DERSKY A REACH KID?

39110-Will-Smith-OH-HELL-NO-gif-S6ho.gif

Oh god...

I realize that some of those players had some mild success late in H3.  I clearly alluded to that.  However....

Dersky's Best Placings in H3: 8th, 9th, 11th, 11th, 11th

Dersky's Best Placings in Reach: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th

He clearly didn't come into his own until Reach.

• Downvote (-1) 1

How so?

Formal, Dersky, Lethul, Ninja, RyaNoob (I realize he had some H3 success), etc. are all among the best players in the game.  Blaze is in that category as well when he takes the game seriously and gets on a team of equal skill.  Royal 2 and Snake Bite were also on their way to becoming absolutely elite Pro players, unfortunately the poorness of H4 at release made them quit...with SB only recently making a comeback.

These are all "Reach Kids".

Dersky was on Heaven and Earth and Warriors placed 5th multiple events in a row in H3. 2010 season but still

i dont think it matters who is a halo reach kid or halo 2 kid.

I am just wondering what is Roy gonna do? he came back to beat Ambush. Ambush got beat by 2 other teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh god...

I realize that some of those players had some mild success late in H3.  I clearly alluded to that.  However....

Dersky's Best Placings in H3: 8th, 9th, 11th, 11th, 11th

Dersky's Best Placings in Reach: 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th

He clearly didn't come into his own until Reach.

This makes no sense...at all. He played In Halo 3 and competed with the big dogs. He was known by everyone that followed competitive halo. If he had only competed in like two events in H3 and got top 32, then you would have an argument....this is just...eh

• Upvote (+1) 2

Except that's not what's happening and i wasn't saying that. I start watching Halo competively during H3.

I'm not too sure what he's saying to be honest, but i'm say the guys who placed top 6 at this tournament aren't considered "new" players anymore. How could they be considered new if they have been competing for a while now? And they are Ninja fans, Dersky fans, etc. Sooooo i don't get it.

I wasn't talking about the top 6 or even top 12, I was talking about the average player. There's so many time where I beat some kids and they send me hate mail saying something about you'll never beat me in a real Halo game, aka CE or 2. It just gets discouraging when someone can be decent but gets put down because he never played any of the earlier halo games. Sorry for the confusion

• Upvote (+1) 1