CyReN

AGL 8 Knoxville Discussion

They played ads to let their sponsors capitalize on the 6-8k viewership, and if you want to know about AGL9 check out their website or their liveshows.

Ah cmon man. The guy has a point, they had post game shows the last couple of events. Why all of a sudden not this one. I'm pretty sure everyone would agree this was their best event so far, just that the end was so anti climactic. A little interview and MVP before ending would of rounded it off nicely.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Now all the top 4 teams need to stick together. If anyone of them drop a player I will be very disappointed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

After watching this game Adrift needs to stay for v5. I hate playing it but I love watching it.

I'm sorry to hear that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Now all the top 4 teams need to stick together. If anyone of them drop a player I will be very disappointed. 

Status Quo needs a change.

Ah cmon man. The guy has a point, they had post game shows the last couple of events. Why all of a sudden not this one. I'm pretty sure everyone would agree this was their best event so far, just that the end was so anti climactic. A little interview and MVP like before would of rounded it off nicely.

I don't think I have ever seen an AGL post game show :(. I would love to see the reactions of Requiem after their win.

I don't think I have ever seen an AGL post game show :(. I would love to see the reactions of Requiem after their win.

There was definitely one last event, not sure about the previous one now I think about it though. Still, I want to see the winners get a big ass check :P

I don't agree. Reach pre-patch was boring to play and boring to watch. Post patch Reach at Cbus '12 was one the sickest events of all time. There's a reason for that.

You must have missed Instinct vs Infamous then. Easily one of the best series I have seen.

Placing all the blame on Lethul for the series loss entirely because he did not get a flag touch before it reset is simply unfair. It was a terrible choke but with the level of focus he was exhibiting throughout the whole tournament I doubt he would suddenly start sleeping in the middle of the match. Someone should have called out well before it got to 10 seconds so lethul could have jumped straight on it and not put shots into top middle. He was probably relying on callouts too much and wasn’t made aware of how fast the flag timer was counting down. A big oversight on his part but that is what happens when you put that much emphasis on callouts and aiding your teammates. Also, there were a few other chokes by other Infamous players that game that could have also cost infamous a cap or two. Don’t assume that was the only game changing choke just because it was the only one made obvious on stream. Unfortunate play, unfortunate POV on stream.  On a side note, I have never cared too much for Ninja but I am glad to see Requiem take the tournament and am especially happy for Dersky’s first tournament win.

TL;DR- Stop simplifying losses to one play. ACE MVP! Halo is back!!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Website got bombed with traffic, BUT WE BACK NOW #LETSGO #DAD #BACK #HALOISBACK

25k mm peak population ..the lowest its ever been twice in 1 week 

definetely not back

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Status Quo needs a change.

nope. All they need to do is get down their team chemistry. They pretty much won all of their slayer games, they just need to work on strats and communication to get better at obj. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Amazing event!

Classic: Roy can't win without the box, sorry lads.
Ambush: Best hit the practice field.
SQ: GG
Infamous: Better luck next time, sure helped slaying the Dragon.

Requiem: Epic boys well done, MVP to Ace. Cooler heads do prevail.

• Upvote (+1) 1

25k mm peak population ..the lowest its ever been twice in 1 week 

definetely not back

People were watching not playing  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ninja plays out of his mind, clutches many games, especially last one, people still give him no credit and say he isn't MVP.  :mellow:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok.

No awards ceremony

No interviews

Instead we get a goodbye and AGL9 August 9-11. Smh

Not to mention that a lot of pros (Ninja, Chig, Roy?, etc...) can't make it to AGL 9. We're stuck.

You guys, Halo isn't back till we actually start seeing team entry numbers like MLG had. How many teams were there? 40? yeah we're not back yet. Thiat's worse than Halo:Reach pre-patch at MLG.

It's nice to see the stream get 7200 viewer ship though.

You must have missed Instinct vs Infamous then. Easily one of the best series I have seen.

If i don't enjoy the game, it doesn't matter how close the matches are, i'm not going to enjoy it. I don't find spamming DMR's and getting lucky 5 shots exciting.

I don't agree. Reach pre-patch was boring to play and boring to watch. Post patch Reach at Cbus '12 was one the sickest events of all time. There's a reason for that.

Well for me and my roommate we still found it entertaining is what I am saying, Instinct and Infamous those were great series and there was still some great players who played. We all would not of stuck around multiple ups and downs if Halo was not your favorite(or top 3 favorite) series and you still found it enjoyable and better than the other shooters available on some level is what I am saying. Of course post patch was better and pre-Reach sucked balls realistically, but its proven multiple times that we just wont get better than Halo and we all know it. That is why so many people care about keeping it alive still, despite knowing its flaws and hating parts of it.

I just hope 343 learns from this tournament and starts implementing some decent settings in matchmaking. Then Halo shall be back!!!

If that Requiem-Infamous series didn't make old retired pros want to come back and play Halo, I don't know what will.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja plays out of his mind, clutches many games, especially last one, people still give him no credit and say he isn't MVP.  :mellow:

Ace was the MVP of Requiem. Ninja played great today though. Stop waiting for ppl to act and think like you when it comes to Ninja...it's annoying, not everyone likes the same players.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2