XxSniperman1

Halo 2 Anniversary Sword Flying?

I know that sword flying was a glitch in the game, and was patched in an update. Because 343 "isn't changing the original code" with the repolish of the game, I'm wondering if they will keep it in, or take it out. Any speculation on this?

Bungie patched out sword flying with an update, I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly when the patch came out but it did happen. I believe someone at 343 said that the games will play like they did when the servers went offline, unfortunately that means sword flying is probably out.

Which is a shame, I would love to see Mr. Monopoli do a Halo 2 speed run with the updated graphics, but if sword flying is out I can't see it happening unless he changes the route.

I recall you could still do flying sword post patch, it just wasn't as easy and a bit inconsistent. Not really sure though, memory is a bit fuzzy.

oh sword flying....haha i would spend like an hour JUST to do that LOL and would be ecstatic just because I was able to sword fly that one time.

If they didnt include the patch that fixed sword flying, then BXB and BXR wouldnt be possible.

Trust me, I want swordflying more than anybody else, but its just not going to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sword flying most likely won't be there. Same with the dummy glitch. BXB, BXR, and RRX YY RRX might be there. I would say super bounces have a 50/50 shot.

I read through the interview with Bravo and he said the game would run like it did "post-patch." That seems to me like a sure sign that sword flying is out. That really stinks, I was looking forward to sword flying in campaign and surprising n00bs in a 1v1.

Sword flying is in the game but it is very hard to do. YXR (Sword Fly) and YXRY or YXRX (Sword Fly into Sword Cancel) are not in the game but there is still a few small sword flies in the game. If you lunge at an enemy and they crouch you can sometimes fly straight over their head, this often works better when you are slightly higher than the enemy you intend to "fly" over although the range of the sword can't be changed it still takes you pretty far, chain this with some slide jumps and you have a pretty fast way of getting around the mission. Hope this helped.

This is technically not sword fly but it still is the only thing close to it in H2A.

I found this out while playing "The Arbiter" (The 4th mission in the Halo 2 Campaign) on the 1st of October, 2015.  B) 

P.S. After speed running levels with swords for some time you find it is kind of random but "The Arbiter" is by far the easiest level to do it on.

Thank You For Reading,

Sygma Luculent,

Co-Leader, Sygma Gaming 

Anyone else remember sword/rockets RT/Y Combo? If you do you're a tru H2 Kid, because that got patched in 2005.

yes me and my friend played H2 back in 2004-2008 (2008 is when I got my X360) but we never went online with it, so that was never patched for us, Yay!

I can always go back and sword fly and all that on H2 as I kept it when I found out I could play it on X360 :)

:bravo:

Did you google to bring up a topic this old or what?

And here comes the lock.

Sword flying is in the game but it is very hard to do. YXR (Sword Fly) and YXRY or YXRX (Sword Fly into Sword Cancel) are not in the game but there is still a few small sword flies in the game. If you lunge at an enemy and they crouch you can sometimes fly straight over their head, this often works better when you are slightly higher than the enemy you intend to "fly" over although the range of the sword can't be changed it still takes you pretty far, chain this with some slide jumps and you have a pretty fast way of getting around the mission. Hope this helped.

This is technically not sword fly but it still is the only thing close to it in H2A.

I found this out while playing "The Arbiter" (The 4th mission in the Halo 2 Campaign) on the 1st of October, 2015.  B) 

P.S. After speed running levels with swords for some time you find it is kind of random but "The Arbiter" is by far the easiest level to do it on.

Thank You For Reading,

Sygma Luculent,

Co-Leader, Sygma Gaming 

Hi, could you not bring up topics from June 2014?

Cheers,

Moa, Corrupt Moderator of Beyond.